#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Dating tips and advices > scam artists... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
scam artists...
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 01, 2008 13:42

Has anyone run across a scam artist on this dating site who just happened to be uber perfect in every way? He knows how to manipulate your heart just perfectly all the while your head keeps telling you beware. Within weeks he's proposing marriage (not even a month) and then asks you to do something highly questionable.

How do you weed out these unsavory types from the ones you can truly trust? Not to sound sexist but I think it happens more to women (as victims)!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 22, 2009 10:17

Do not give out a landline phone number that is linked to your computer.
Also do not trust someone that will not give you their number.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 23, 2009 18:13

This is not common on websites like this. This is scary but if you research and google dating scams you will find some scary stuff. Individuals out of Nigeria and other countries are sitting in cyber cafes manipulating people on sites like this, utilizing photo's that they steal from magazines or models. Beware of individuals that want to IM you right away, off of this site. DON'T EVER SEND MONEY, OR CASH CHECKS FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT YOU MEET ON A SITE LIKE THIS OR OTHERS. When all is said and done a person feels used and stupid and doesn't report it. We all, men and women need to be careful. I do agree that women are easier victims. The crazy thing about this is that we don't know, the scammer may actually be a woman pretending to be a man. We don't know who is behind the scams.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 03, 2008 14:05

I met one such creepy person on this site. After a few IM conversations he started incessantly demanding phone sex and "playing" on the webcam. He stopped talking to me after I refused it. Such people need to be weeded out of here.

I wish there was a feedback system or some way to report and eliminate such creeps from here.