#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > How to tell who's an IMPOSTOR? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How to tell who's an IMPOSTOR?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 06, 2005 03:41

On this site, I saw a profile of a guy that I know personally...and most of the things he wrote about himself are false.
I am a very cautious person and, just like most of you out there, I hate to be deceived.
So I thought that we should start a group, where we could share tips on who is phoney, and who is not etc.?
Any suggestions??

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 17, 2006 17:44

RE: Imposter

I've been following this topic. The issue of online imposters seems to go hand in glove with online dating. Unfortunately, I've been on and off
various sites for the past 6 years,during which time I've even managed to fall madly in love with one such individual. I am now very weary on long distance relationships. It turned out he was involved with someone else all along while I was waiting for him to move to FLA. This man is still online preying on unsuspected victims.

This is enough to make me very skeptical
about this whole online scene. If I was raised in this country and had large circle of friends, I would never resort
to this sort of meeting point.

Let's hear your comments?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 16:30

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
A long slow dance in the living room after a lot of romance. Sounds good to me. When do we start?

Who said anything about a living room? You must mean the Grand Ball room. Send your driver at oh... shall we say 6:00, and add a surprise to my favorite staples. I must go for now.

Was my man supposed to be there last night or tonight? Either way I think he's late. Is the Grand Ball Room in any way like the Grand Ole Opry? Remember who you are talking to and where he's from.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 04, 2006 14:06

castone56 write:
Same thing happened to me a man stated he made 100M a yr had an 11 yr old daughter widowed and romanced me so smoothe. He was going to do this and that and always god Bless you and all. he wrote a phoney storey about being in Africa and needing me to send 4,000.00 to him pretty quick western union. If he was an millionaire why would he ask a poor actress. duh! I called the FBI.
He is gone

They will ask anyone that they think is willing to listen! Scammers, sheeze...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 03, 2006 18:54

Same thing happened to me a man stated he made 100M a yr had an 11 yr old daughter widowed and romanced me so smoothe. He was going to do this and that and always god Bless you and all. he wrote a phoney storey about being in Africa and needing me to send 4,000.00 to him pretty quick western union. If he was an millionaire why would he ask a poor actress. duh! I called the FBI.
He is gone

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 03, 2006 09:56

A long slow dance in the living room after a lot of romance. Sounds good to me. When do we start?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 19:35

GlennaB write:

countrygirlborn write:
To greekgoddess and anyone else who's interested. Some things to watch for that I have found to indicate a fake profile--if their spelling and/or English is really awful (I'm not talking grammar, but actually speaking in a manner that makes sense), if their picture doesn't match the physical description (you'd be surprised how often this happens), if they are very good looking and only have one picture, if they rant on (overly so) about being God fearing, if they are in any way associated with Nigeria. Profiles that have some or all these things are often men from overseas who are looking for a target to scam for money. As far as men in the US who just lie about being married--watch out for anyone who won't give you their phone number (after you get to know each other and they should feel comfortable doing so), men who only want you to contact them at certain times or only at work, men who only want to meet at your home or town and don't want you coming to theirs. These are all possible signs that he's got something or someone to hide. I thought I'd post this just in case it might help someone. Good luck everyone!

HA, I believe you are talking about the large majority of people. But you are not talking about ME!!!

HMMMMM. Did I do any of those things Glenna? They didn't ask about three eyes so I'm good there. All three of them are the same color too. They didn't ask about my hunchback so I'm good on that one too. I only hedged a little on my height. There was no space for 3'5" so I just picked one I would like to be.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 11:36

To greekgoddess and anyone else who's interested. Some things to watch for that I have found to indicate a fake profile--if their spelling and/or English is really awful (I'm not talking grammar, but actually speaking in a manner that makes sense), if their picture doesn't match the physical description (you'd be surprised how often this happens), if they are very good looking and only have one picture, if they rant on (overly so) about being God fearing, if they are in any way associated with Nigeria. Profiles that have some or all these things are often men from overseas who are looking for a target to scam for money. As far as men in the US who just lie about being married--watch out for anyone who won't give you their phone number (after you get to know each other and they should feel comfortable doing so), men who only want you to contact them at certain times or only at work, men who only want to meet at your home or town and don't want you coming to theirs. These are all possible signs that he's got something or someone to hide. I thought I'd post this just in case it might help someone. Good luck everyone!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 01, 2006 14:32

GlennaB write:

hondo1952 write:

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
I can't imagine many things worse than waking up with a camera in my face. It is a beautiful picture. Looks like a work of art to me.

Thanks, but I know you have woken up to worse then a camera in your face and you were not imagining it either. Whoa

I think the worst thing I've woken up to is one of my hootch mates snakes staring me in the face. I felt a weight on my chest and opened my eyes and was staring at a python. I would have shot it if I could have reached my M16. Now it's funny, not at the time, it scared the hell out of me.

[/quote_message
You did something right, you are still here to talk about it and even say it is funny.

I threw my boot at my room mate and woke him up. He laughed then, I didn't think it was funny for many months. Now it's just one of those weird things that happens only in the Army.

All in all I'd rather wake up with long blonde hair, camera or not.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 01, 2006 08:13

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
I can't imagine many things worse than waking up with a camera in my face. It is a beautiful picture. Looks like a work of art to me.

Thanks, but I know you have woken up to worse then a camera in your face and you were not imagining it either. Whoa

I think the worst thing I've woken up to is one of my hootch mates snakes staring me in the face. I felt a weight on my chest and opened my eyes and was staring at a python. I would have shot it if I could have reached my M16. Now it's funny, not at the time, it scared the hell out of me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 24, 2006 09:48

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 09:59

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:

hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
Glenna what kind of beat is that? It looks huge. How many rounds did it take to bring him down? What were you shooting?

It's a blonde grizzly that made Booneand Crokett Trophy Class. he was straight out of the den. That is when the hide is the best. It was a one shot kill. Thats the only way you can get make Boone. (No head shots are allowed) Gun was a 308 Ruger with a drop scope. Useing flat head bullets,I NEVER use points. That won't stop them unless it's a head shot between the eyes. Mabe 7 rounds will. One more thing. That is my best friend Annie, in that picture, we are in the Brooks Range Mountains. I don't hunt anymore. You don't get much sleep in a tent with grizzly's roaming around in the night. Always afraid that gun is going to jam. Things can happen fast if your not careful. Two days later a hunting guide got mauled in the same spot we were in and didn't live to talk about it. I won't tell you how the guy finished himself off. It only took one bullet, with a 44 Magnum.

I will never forget coming down the ramp at the Fairbanks airport and the first thing I saw was that giant bear in the lobby. I never wanted to hunt bear. Too dangerous for me. I have some pictures of a guy that was mauled, not a pretty sight.

What were you doing in Fairbanks?

The first time I was working on Chinook helicopters. The second time was to go to the Northern Warfare Training School at Fort Greeley/Elmendorf AFB. I knew something was up when some of the students and all the instructors were given live ammo. That just doesn't happen in Army schools. Then again, we were all Sergeant and above and that makes a huge difference in the likelihood of something stupid happening.

On that note, you have got my respect!!!

Thank you Ma'am. From someone like you that means a great deal to me.

You are very welcome Hondo
Glenna

Glenna I love that picture. Mysterious, witchy woman. Are there more in that series?

Believe it or not, there is. It's on my other PC or I'd post it right now. And the mystery continues...

Needless to say I'd love to see them. If you don't have them though don't go out of your way for me. Or Rob either. The mystery does indeed continue....please don't turn me back into a toad.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 09:57

robtest write:

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:

Glenna I love that picture. Mysterious, witchy woman. Are there more in that series?

Believe it or not, there is. It's on my other PC or I'd post it right now. And the mystery continues...

Y_es, we need more shots of hot chicks with cool cars or was that cool chicks with hot cars ??? :o)

Either way you say it works for me. You definitely have a way with words.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 23, 2006 09:39

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:

Y_es, we need more shots of hot chicks with cool cars or was that cool chicks with hot cars ??? :o)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 20, 2006 21:19

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:

hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
Glenna what kind of beat is that? It looks huge. How many rounds did it take to bring him down? What were you shooting?

It's a blonde grizzly that made Booneand Crokett Trophy Class. he was straight out of the den. That is when the hide is the best. It was a one shot kill. Thats the only way you can get make Boone. (No head shots are allowed) Gun was a 308 Ruger with a drop scope. Useing flat head bullets,I NEVER use points. That won't stop them unless it's a head shot between the eyes. Mabe 7 rounds will. One more thing. That is my best friend Annie, in that picture, we are in the Brooks Range Mountains. I don't hunt anymore. You don't get much sleep in a tent with grizzly's roaming around in the night. Always afraid that gun is going to jam. Things can happen fast if your not careful. Two days later a hunting guide got mauled in the same spot we were in and didn't live to talk about it. I won't tell you how the guy finished himself off. It only took one bullet, with a 44 Magnum.

I will never forget coming down the ramp at the Fairbanks airport and the first thing I saw was that giant bear in the lobby. I never wanted to hunt bear. Too dangerous for me. I have some pictures of a guy that was mauled, not a pretty sight.

The first time I was working on Chinook helicopters. The second time was to go to the Northern Warfare Training School at Fort Greeley/Elmendorf AFB. I knew something was up when some of the students and all the instructors were given live ammo. That just doesn't happen in Army schools. Then again, we were all Sergeant and above and that makes a huge difference in the likelihood of something stupid happening.

You are very welcome Hondo
Glenna

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2006 13:50

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:

hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 15:43

GlennaB write:

hondo1952 write:
GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 11, 2006 19:52

GlennaB write:

You have got that right. Me and my ex-husband set up a camp from our base camp one time, right next to a loud raging river. You couldn't of heard anything. That was another sleepless night. I knew I'd never do that again.

When I was 14, my scout troup sent a group out to Philmont Scout Ranch in NM. 11 trail days, we did 115 trail miles with backpacks, with 2 layover days. One of the layover days was a 20 mile day hike. Now at 44, I have a much greater respect for our troup leader who was my age. Of course 30 years ago, he was just the crabby old man that wouldn't let us do anything. :o)

Anywho, it is bear country. Not quite as big as up there in Alaska, but pretty much anything over 300# with claws and attitude is a hazard. LOL... We had strict instruction on the use of a bearbag, which basically you pile anything edible into and hang in the top of a tree overnight. While we were there, while we were checking in a one of the ranger stations, we heard of a group over on the other side of the ranch. A boy had gotten his toothpaste down late at night, and "it had been too much trouble" to put it back up in the bag later... Bear came into the tent to get that tube of toothpaste and the two boys were in the way. :o( both were mauled pretty bad. Bears don't play well with children.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 10, 2006 18:24

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 10, 2006 09:08

GlennaB write:
hondo1952 write:

I was thinking that you looked quite different in that picture! LOL

Unfortunately, that is why most people carry a big pistol on thier hip as backup. :o( Mauled and bleeding out is not a good way to go...