#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Newbies > Any philanthropists or NPO-supporting people out there? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Any philanthropists or NPO-supporting people out there?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 01:42

I've always had the idea making lots of money and living below my means so that I can give to others, One thing I've really started to enjoy is inventing and supporting non-profits. To one extent it's very satisfying, but I just wish I knew of other people who think the same way I do.

So my question is: Are there any other people on this website that have similar views and values?

Thanks
-C

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 13, 2006 16:33

HI!
I work for a NPO. I have always chosen to work for NPO's. I know it sounds silly taking into account the site I'm on but money really isnt everything...I dont think I could get as much satisfaction from my career as I do now had I been working in a "for profit". Aside from working for an NPO I also do some work with inner city youth and have been have to establish a partnership with my NPO to sponsor girls for career day! It's truly great & rewarding!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 11, 2006 15:56

I'm on the board in charge of Finance of a NPO. It's a recent start up, so it's not keeping me busy enough to feel satisfied. Crossing my fingers that it will grow and help many soon.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 13, 2006 20:05

Hello, I'm new here and was looking through the site when I found this thread. I've worked for NPOs and created one myself in the past. The business plan I'm currently developing will create a non-profit foundation in addition to five divisions, all under an umbrella incorporation. The key to any non-profit is to be passionate, different, and productive. You'll need to write a business plan. Otherwise, the paperwork to create the NPO is easy, cheap, and often available online through your state's Secretary of State website. I suggest you engage an attorney and CPA as early as possible. Do a search for the different areas I've mentioned and visit some national NGO websites to get a feel for their program activites and administrative functions. I hope this helps. Good luck! All the Best, Pentora

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 09, 2006 16:56

Hello, think i should come in.
Which non-profit organzation do you support?
Interested.

THANKX
-C