#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Why did you leave your husband? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why did you leave your husband?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 19, 2006 01:25

GrapesOfGoodHope write:
Because he killed my love for him.

Because he tried to kill ME.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2011 12:54

My ex left me. Not for a woman (younger or otherwise), not for a man, but for "finding himself." That and his meds for diabetes and cholesterol killed his mojo. He has this endearing habit of trying to do the best thing for everybody. I think he thought he was doing me a favour by going.  He thought I was strong (I am) so that I didn't need him any more.  How wrong could he be? What makes us strong is the people who love us.

I doubt he'll "find" himself.  He didn't get a job when he left, he just lived on the divorce proceeds and continued to spend the same way we did when we were married. He's caught up in another of his big plans to get rich, which is depleting his bank balance at a steady and inexhorable rate.  His health is also deteriorating. When the money runs out, I do fear he might try to come back to me.  I sure hope I've got a new husband by then.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2011 07:46

The statistics I have read say that 90% of women leave the marriage.  I found that interesting.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 06, 2006 17:57

NYCHICK write:
Angyson write:
katiegrl write:
Angyson write:
katiegrl write:
GrapesOfGoodHope write:

I don't blame him one bit.

NOBODY deserves to have their life taken, just because they didn't please some selfish bastard. My husband put me through five years of hell, Angyson, and for you to say a thing like this is the act of a coward and a brute.

NO WOMAN DESERVES TO BE KILLED BY A MAN FOR ANY REASON.

My husband was 6' 8" and weighed 240 lbs. He had huge hands. He used to grab my skull with only one of them and squeeze until I was able to fight my way free. He used to laugh and say I couldn't prove it unless I shaved my head to show the bruises.

We fought often. He frequently put his fist through the walls. He could give me one shove that would just about put me through one of those walls.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO LIVE WITH THAT EVERY DAY?

He yelled at me and slammed doors until the neighbours would pound on the ceiling to make us shutup. He called me fat right after I gave birth to our baby. He wanted to go out every night instead of stay home and help me with her.

His best friend was a coke dealer and my husband used to come home late, sniffing and wiping his nose and saying it was just his sinuses. The money was always short at the end of every month. We always had bigger bills to pay than money to stretch over them. When he wasn't hanging with his junkie buddy he was ice fishing up north or hunting with his other redneck school pals.

He stole from his employers and I was always settling out of court for him. He never held a job longer than a few months. All of his employers were "assholes." It was never him. He was NEVER wrong; just like you.

He moved us five times in one year. Strange men would come to my door sometimes and demanded to talk to him. I had to say he wasn't home. Then we would move again. He said those men had the wrong house every time.

One day, I fell and hit my head and suffered a mild concusion. He took 2 hours to come home when I called and when he got me to the hospital, he told them I had tried to commit suicide so they'd keep me there. I had a hard time, all alone (because he went home) convincing them I was not a victim of a suicide attempt but a battered wife.

Before I married him, I was extremely successful in my field. I had a car, a great apartment, and used to vacation in Lauderdale every spring break. I bought him 2 cars that he trashed within a year. He broke MY furniture and we had to buy new stuff. I never went on another vacation after I met him. He came home after work every night that he wasn't out, ate the supper I made, and then crashed and snored on the couch until bedtime.

Then one day, he kissed me goodbye and we both went to work after I dropped the baby at daycare. When I got home that night, my house was empty. He and his brothers had moved a truck up to the house after I left, and they took everything. They even emptied our bank account and grabbed the baby before leaving town, never to return. He didn't tell me where they were. I was insane with worry and sadness.

He filed for divorce first. Then he quit work so he could get out of paying alimony and child support. He also filed for sole custody and bartered with me for the assets of the marriage.

While he lived in comfort somewhere, I was left with no home, no baby and no money. I lived in a homeless shelter for a little while and ate bread crusts,... garbage that other people threw away. I cried every day and lost 50 pounds in 1 1/2 months. I thought I could never live without him. I was scared of everything. I wanted to die.

He offered to give up sole custody if I agreed to pay the thousands of dollars in debt he'd gotten us into. I agreed. Then he said he wanted sole custody again but would give it up if I gave up all the household possessions. I did. Then he bartered our baby for the car, my camper trailer, the TV and home theatre stuff. I had nothing when it was over. But I had my baby girl.

One time, about a year later, before the divorce was final, I tried going out on a date with a new guy. He slipped me rohypnol and I woke up next morning with no clothes on, alone. I vaguely remember what he did to me. I called my ex crying hysterically, but he said he didn't care anymore. I had to get through it all alone.

The reason I said my husband TRIED to kill me is because he choked me one day until I stopped breathing and lost consciousness. When he let go of me and my body fell to the floor, the wind was knocked back into me and I revived. It's a life-altering experience to know you were alive and well and had decades of life ahead of you and then, in one instance of primal, viscious temper ... it was all over.

NOBODY DESERVES TO DIE JUST BECAUSE THEY TICKED OFF A SELFISH PIG OF A MAN! Not ALL men! THAT man!

Years have passed since that time. My child is grown and in university. I've gotten passed all the heinous events that occurred in my life, and I'm on the road to more success than I've ever known.

I am a good woman, I have a big heart and I can love and care about people. I have been a regular joker on this forum for two years. Who else could go through what I have suffered and still joke around about life and love?

Obviously not you.

I think, for all I've been through, it's a bloody wonder I have a sense of humour at ALL, and still I have to put up with the likes of your disgusting slurs.

All I can say in conclusion is; if any MM men admire a survivor, a fighter, a champion for justice, a helper, a nutsy comedienne and a sweetheart to boot, they should snap me up immediately. I'm a great catch.

Maybe it would help if you were not so abusive in your comments.

dont worry about this topic buddy... when u find the guy of your dreams lets hope he dont knock the crap outta ya

Holy Crap Batman...lol
When did they release you from prison?

Shame on you for not getting in touch with your fellow inmate...tisk tisk...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 06, 2006 10:47

Jesus Christ, what a story Katie, it's difficult to say a word, i feel it might be not enough to say how affected I am by it!. All my thoughts go with you!!!...

Bassically, Angwhatever your name you choosed...i only tell you this: I thought that terrorism on the planet did teach you something, but that's not true, it is so easy to spread it here..so easy which is significant with the huge issue you are suffering from, your continuous provocations here deserve the right and clear word for you: you have a rapist personnality, exactly the same of the ex of Katie's...First thing! Second thing, the effect by coming here venting your hate against some woman is like another trauma you spread to her, and vividly getting it back here...Hundo told you, go get counselling and stop immediatelly to even show yourself on here, hiding behind the screen!

Violence of any sort has to stop!...NOW...get it?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 06, 2006 00:49

Angyson write:
Your suggestion is a good one. I've already answered his stupid question about what I did to deserve being killed. He's just playing bumwad games and saying he hasn't seen it.

I've seen it. What are you doing marrying a drugie and crying to us after? You made your bed. Now sleep in it.

It's not "droojee," you fool. It's druggie, if you're determined to wallow in 70's slang.

If you saw the last one, you bonehead, then you saw the post where I said my husband didn't start spending all our money until he began being buddies with the drug dealer guy a couple of years after we married. I never said he was a junkie, I said he HUNG OUT WITH ONE! Do you have a reading comprehension disability?

Your narcissistic character has rendered you void of any compassion for anyone. With an overblown self-esteem such as yours, you'll have to PAY for sex for the rest of your life. Change your attitude or start a Procurred Sex Savings Plan today.

You made YOUR bed in the MM forum. Time to move on. There's no one for you here anymore.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 05, 2006 11:37

Angyson write:
GlennaB write:
katiegrlK2B write:
Angyson write:
Katie would do me a favor by ignoring my posts. Take the advice.

I'm trying to ignore YOU but you keep on with your stupid campaign to out-idiot the FrogFace. I think, after your un-chivalrous and swine-like behaviour towards me and the other MM women, it should be no wonder why I would be disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

That means: you asking me to do you a favour is the limit of nerve.

Angy,
You are not a good Chess Player!
What are you going to do? Bring in a few phony profile pawns? You are in CHECK and it will not be long before you will be in CHECK-MATE!!! Don't even bother reinventing your self like any elementary student could do. I know you have been trolling all over the country. Now that is a big accompishment. ~~~laughing. And what do you have to show for it? I won't even tell you. If you are smart enough, you can figure it out for your self. Or you can learn it the hard way!!! Bring in your knights and bishops. The Queens want more men!!!

What do you know of chess anyway?

My mother used to make an awesome chess pie. It was delicious...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 05, 2006 08:19

Angyson write:

Angy there is a private email circulating asking forum members to ignore your post. Please consider my offer to pay for you to join some other dating site or chat site.

You can find it in the thread:

Message board > Someone Defend Angyson

-D.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 02, 2006 15:41

GrapesOfGoodHope write:
Nice feet, Katie!

(This post is going to sound sooo weird when you change your photo!!!)

Hope, I feel weird trying to explain it! I didn't post that photo as my profile pic! MM did it!

Last year I took a picture of my new little toe rings and sent them to my sister. Then, just for fun, I put them in my MM album. But one of the MM members emailed me and said, "Cute sandals, Katie!" I wondered why she said that so I logged onto MM and there was my sandal pic up for all to see, instead of my headshot!

What's MM messing around with my photos for? Unless somebody ELSE put them up, (although I can't imagine how they would be able to do it).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 01, 2006 12:50

GrapesOfGoodHope write:
katiegrlK2B write:
GrapesOfGoodHope write:
Dear Katie, by now, everyone on the forums must have realised that poor Angyson is in urgent need of professional medical help and I do not believe that you have to justify or defend yourself any longer. What I've gleaned from the forums, ante Angyson, was that you were highly respected by all, and now, post Angy, you are even more loved and respected than before.
Why do we not release him from his participation in the forums by ignoring him from now on?

I never thought of it like that Hope.

(I call you Hope now because there's a crotchety old sportscaster here in my town and his nickname is Grapes. And you don't look a thing like him. Must be the beauty.)

Your suggestion is a good one. I've already answered his stupid question about what I did to deserve being killed. He's just playing bumwad games and saying he hasn't seen it.

Thanks, Katie. Between you, me, the door post and all others who read the forums: I prefer the "Hope" abbreviation, because as they say in German (roughly translated): Hope is what dies last! I believe you would understand this, in your circumstances ...

I thought we had already all agreed that you were to be called Hope. Isn't there several posts about that on your thread on the Men forum when you first changed your name? Hope springs eteranal.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 30, 2006 21:51

Angyson write:

I'm trying to ignore YOU but you keep on with your stupid campaign to out-idiot the FrogFace. I think, after your un-chivalrous and swine-like behaviour towards me and the other MM women, it should be no wonder why I would be disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

That means: you asking me to do you a favour is the limit of nerve.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 28, 2006 22:06

GrapesOfGoodHope write:
Dear Katie, by now, everyone on the forums must have realised that poor Angyson is in urgent need of professional medical help and I do not believe that you have to justify or defend yourself any longer. What I've gleaned from the forums, ante Angyson, was that you were highly respected by all, and now, post Angy, you are even more loved and respected than before.
Why do we not release him from his participation in the forums by ignoring him from now on?

I never thought of it like that Hope.

(I call you Hope now because there's a crotchety old sportscaster here in my town and his nickname is Grapes. And you don't look a thing like him. Must be the beauty.)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 28, 2006 21:59

PeggySue1961 write:
Katie, thank you for sharing your story. I was also abused and have a deep understanding of what you have gone through. I admire your financial accomplishment and what you are striving for and accomplishing. I bring that up because it shows the healthy level you are at. Anyone who survives abuse is not a whimp but a very strong person. Anyone who goes on to accomplish the goals you have is even stronger.

PeggySue, how are you doing now?

While it was happening, when I was married, it didn't occur to me that it was scary, horrible, frightening, etc. It was just ... life at the time. I didn't leave him because I was expecting him to stop it. NOW though, I would NEVER put up with a man touching me in anger.

I guess the experience either beats you or makes you tougher. Are you better now from going through it?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 27, 2006 10:34

Angyson write:
katiegrl write:
Angyson write:
katiegrl write:
GrapesOfGoodHope write:

NOBODY deserves to have their life taken, just because they didn't please some selfish bastard. My husband put me through five years of hell, Angyson, and for you to say a thing like this is the act of a coward and a brute.

My husband was 6' 8" and weighed 240 lbs. He had huge hands. He used to grab my skull with only one of them and squeeze until I was able to fight my way free. He used to laugh and say I couldn't prove it unless I shaved my head to show the bruises.

We fought often. He frequently put his fist through the walls. He could give me one shove that would just about put me through one of those walls.

He yelled at me and slammed doors until the neighbours would pound on the ceiling to make us shutup. He called me fat right after I gave birth to our baby. He wanted to go out every night instead of stay home and help me with her.

His best friend was a coke dealer and my husband used to come home late, sniffing and wiping his nose and saying it was just his sinuses. The money was always short at the end of every month. We always had bigger bills to pay than money to stretch over them. When he wasn't hanging with his junkie buddy he was ice fishing up north or hunting with his other redneck school pals.

He stole from his employers and I was always settling out of court for him. He never held a job longer than a few months. All of his employers were "assholes." It was never him. He was NEVER wrong; just like you.

He moved us five times in one year. Strange men would come to my door sometimes and demanded to talk to him. I had to say he wasn't home. Then we would move again. He said those men had the wrong house every time.

One day, I fell and hit my head and suffered a mild concusion. He took 2 hours to come home when I called and when he got me to the hospital, he told them I had tried to commit suicide so they'd keep me there. I had a hard time, all alone (because he went home) convincing them I was not a victim of a suicide attempt but a battered wife.

Before I married him, I was extremely successful in my field. I had a car, a great apartment, and used to vacation in Lauderdale every spring break. I bought him 2 cars that he trashed within a year. He broke MY furniture and we had to buy new stuff. I never went on another vacation after I met him. He came home after work every night that he wasn't out, ate the supper I made, and then crashed and snored on the couch until bedtime.

Then one day, he kissed me goodbye and we both went to work after I dropped the baby at daycare. When I got home that night, my house was empty. He and his brothers had moved a truck up to the house after I left, and they took everything. They even emptied our bank account and grabbed the baby before leaving town, never to return. He didn't tell me where they were. I was insane with worry and sadness.

He filed for divorce first. Then he quit work so he could get out of paying alimony and child support. He also filed for sole custody and bartered with me for the assets of the marriage.

While he lived in comfort somewhere, I was left with no home, no baby and no money. I lived in a homeless shelter for a little while and ate bread crusts,... garbage that other people threw away. I cried every day and lost 50 pounds in 1 1/2 months. I thought I could never live without him. I was scared of everything. I wanted to die.

He offered to give up sole custody if I agreed to pay the thousands of dollars in debt he'd gotten us into. I agreed. Then he said he wanted sole custody again but would give it up if I gave up all the household possessions. I did. Then he bartered our baby for the car, my camper trailer, the TV and home theatre stuff. I had nothing when it was over. But I had my baby girl.

One time, about a year later, before the divorce was final, I tried going out on a date with a new guy. He slipped me rohypnol and I woke up next morning with no clothes on, alone. I vaguely remember what he did to me. I called my ex crying hysterically, but he said he didn't care anymore. I had to get through it all alone.

The reason I said my husband TRIED to kill me is because he choked me one day until I stopped breathing and lost consciousness. When he let go of me and my body fell to the floor, the wind was knocked back into me and I revived. It's a life-altering experience to know you were alive and well and had decades of life ahead of you and then, in one instance of primal, viscious temper ... it was all over.

NOBODY DESERVES TO DIE JUST BECAUSE THEY TICKED OFF A SELFISH PIG OF A MAN! Not ALL men! THAT man!

Years have passed since that time. My child is grown and in university. I've gotten passed all the heinous events that occurred in my life, and I'm on the road to more success than I've ever known.

I am a good woman, I have a big heart and I can love and care about people. I have been a regular joker on this forum for two years. Who else could go through what I have suffered and still joke around about life and love?

Obviously not you.

I think, for all I've been through, it's a bloody wonder I have a sense of humour at ALL, and still I have to put up with the likes of your disgusting slurs.

All I can say in conclusion is; if any MM men admire a survivor, a fighter, a champion for justice, a helper, a nutsy comedienne and a sweetheart to boot, they should snap me up immediately. I'm a great catch.

Maybe it would help if you were not so abusive in your comments.

dont worry about this topic buddy... when u find the guy of your dreams lets hope he dont knock the crap outta ya

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 22:32

Angyson write:

All I know is that Katie has been by far the most abusive person on MM. Now a husband does not try to kill his wife for no reason. Who knows how long she was abusing him? What did she say or do to trigger such violence? Only she knows for sure.

Angy, just remember ...
YOU drew first blood.

You started all those dozens of posts that, when anyone clicks on one, there is your smug smirk and about three to nine words, belittling women and not even a paragraph more of opinion. Just one smartass remark after another after another after another after another.

All I did was say, "Stop posting crap and create a true post with ... like ... PARAGRAPHS. And I said you were being antagonistic in your vulgar, snipes.

YOU are the one that started the trash-talk, calling filthy names and insulting. And you knew I was going to call you out on your bad manners and garbage-mouth rants. Of course I would!

You repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat the same stupid phrase over and over 20 times on the same thread!! Do you know how excrutiatingly boring that is to have to scroll through?

-- "What did Katie do to make her husband mad? What did Katie do to deserve it? What did Katie do to tick her husband off? What did she do to push him over the edge? What did Katie do? I didn't do it, Katie did! Go jump in the lake. Go jump in the lake. Go jump in the lake. Go jump in the lake. Why don't you jump in the lake?"

You've hogged the forum for over a month now! You insult everybody and then cry because some of us lash back at you for it??? What do you expect? Nobody is going to sit around and let you call them names and say they deserve to be killed and not fight back!!!!

It's lunacy to accuse me of being abusive when YOU STARTED IT! You were looking to start trouble, and you got it. Suck it up and get over it, Angy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 18:11

Angyson write:
katiegrl write:
Angyson write:
katiegrl write:
GrapesOfGoodHope write:

Obviously not you.

So why did you marry the bastard? Were you abused as a child?

Angy, I've never experienced abuse, but I do understand. Your question shows you are obtuse with respect to any form of mental or physical abuse. It often doesn't show up until the person feels they have their significant other 'hook, line & sinker'. By then the abused spouse is afraid, and also struggles with the feelings from the past that drew them to the abusive person in the first place. After a person abuses another, they are usually sooo apologetic and loving, begging their spouse not to leave...promising never to do it again. It's a pattern, one that can be very difficult to break out of when one is thinking more with their heart than their mind. When love is concerned, it's often very difficult to think with the latter.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 01:36

Angyson write:

So why did you marry the bastard? Were you abused as a child?

Are you asking as a smartass or as someone who sincerely is interested in knowing?

Actually, I married the "bastard" because I loved him, and before we got married, he only put his best foot forward, and he hadn't met the nose candy man yet.

I was never abused as a child. My dad was one of those loving fathers who never spoiled us but was proud as punch of his girls.

I thought my husband was a good guy, but my dad had a severe stroke before I got engaged and he was paralysed and unable to speak afterwards, so perhaps he would have told me I was mistaken about my choice of a husband.

My husband was a 100% Mama's boy. She hated me from day 1 for taking her boy away from her. Can't compete with Mommy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 25, 2006 19:33

Thank you for your support, everyone. I don't like to tell that stuff ordinarily because it's so much that some people don't believe it. Even after it happened, my situation made counselors and social workers cry. lol Sometimes it was ME who had my arm around THEIR shoulders. But when you're living it ... it's just life. You know?

And I don't want you to think I was a wimp. The second time my husband tried to choke me, I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down into a somersault over me (a trick I learned play-fighting with the neighbourhood boys when I was 10) and he landed on a full laundry basket and flattened it. I told him I'd shave my head and go to the police without hesitation if he ever did it again.
Things were great for about a month and then he bolted. Divorce has a way of bringing out the absolute worst in some people. He did his best to be the worst.

And Hondo, if you lived closer, I'd be running really slow. lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 25, 2006 11:36

Katie is a wonderful lady and for you to say such is beneath contempt, not just about Katie, but anyone. She is intelligent, talented, creative and one of the funniest ladies I've ever been around. She is also a lovely lady that any man in his right mind would love to be seen with. Were I closer I would be chasing her all over town. I have said this on more than one occasion.

I made my living being violent for a long time. It was however against men that were equal to the challenge, fully trained and armed. I have a great deal of respect for those men. Too bad I can't say the same for you. You may be sitting there thinking how funny this all is that you got everyone excited and elicited such responses, but this is in no way funny. It's just sick. You really should seek professional help.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 25, 2006 09:09

GlennaB write:

weelassy1 write:

Angyson write:
GrapesOfGoodHope write:
katiegrl write:
GrapesOfGoodHope write:

An even better reason!
I'm sooo glad you survived, Katie.

He should have finished the job.

You are a bastard for that comment. How dare you make light of such a heinous crime. Relationship abuse occurs in epidemic proportions. One in three women experiences at least one physical assault by a partner during adulthood. Before a police report is made a woman has already been assaulted as many as 35 times. Assault of woman happens in all education and income brackets and in all religious and ethnic groups. Children who witness abuse and violence are as traumatized as much as they would be if they had suffered the abuse themselves.Violence affects all family members. Whether they show the effects or not.

While abuse may take the form of physical violence, abuse can also occur on an emotional and verbal level. Every year hundreds of women in Canada are seriously injured or killed as a result of physical violence inflicted on them by their partners

Shame on you for being so ignorant to suggest Katies ex-husband should of finished the job. Can you imagine the devastation that it would of caused her child and her loved ones????Children who are exposed to violence against their mothers?even infants and very young children?may be seriously affected. Exposure to violence against their mothers can undermine children?s emotional development and cause serious behaviour problems and difficulties in school. The emotional and behavioural effects may be similar to those experienced by children who are themselves being physically abused.

SO BUGGER OFF ANGY...I am sending you a flaming finger up your kilt

Don't waste a flame on a punk like him. Besides he is already burning himself. Guess what Wee? Well I'll show you. Wait till you hear this one.

Okay my friend I will save the flaming finger..lol. Can I however use my famous Glaswegion kiss?? Pretty please...lol

What am I supposed to wait for? Please tell me it has nothing to do with Biblical from him...Snicker. Does that not remind you of someone if that is the case?