#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > Where have all the manly men gone? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Where have all the manly men gone?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 17:59

I am holding them in Seattle for the time being. I will release them back into the wild soon.

Don't worry little sister, they will be all the better because of it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 03, 2006 22:31

Hi Everyone!

No doubt about it Billy Bob (ARredneck) you are the stunning example of a real "Man's Man", lol. You can gator wrestle and hog tie them puppies in a heartbeat. You are a professional "Hog Rider", and I bet you can catch them grand daddy catfish or bass too, lol. Just what every classy lady wants in a man Billy Bob. You should advertise for a good looking woman to send you a picture something like this:

Looking for good woman who likes to go fishing. Please send picture of boat and motor, lol.

That should get you the big catch of the day, LMAO Billy Bob! Now go gets her Arkansas.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 03, 2006 17:32

HoldinOutForAHero write:
red.. finally got into contact with justin.. and i had to let you know, the picture on your profile does him no justice! he sent me a couple pictures... very, very attractive!!

thanks for the insight!!

Glad to hear that, HOFAH. You're right about his pic in my profile, but hey, people are supposed to be looking at me, right?! lol He happened to get the best of his parents' genes....AND he's a good guy.

Hope you two have fun getting to know each other. Just remember...mom doesn't need to know everything!
smile & a wink

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 30, 2006 13:00

Think SS is heading south to find a hot knight for a hot night when the nights get cool. Like ships in the night. lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 28, 2006 10:53

PeggySue1961 write:
seattlesunshine write:
PeggySue1961 write:
seattlesunshine write:
PeggySue, you still trying to sell that walker to fund your lust auction purchases? OK, I'll give you $20 for it. Know there were a couple of birthdays on MM this month and it will make the perfect gift!

Okay, it's yours. It is nice to know you are so thoughtful to your friends here. It will make a nice gift.

Now that I have found the walker, I seem to have misplaced 747. Haven't seen him on since I placed my bid. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Seattle, I bet if YOU bid on him, poof he will reappear. Come on, I double dog dare you.

Can we co-bid on 747? (I can do the bidding or you do it--either way, I am gumby dammit). I would be up for that. When is your birthday? Or anniversary whatever you kids call it these days.

Hey, that is a great idea. You do the bidding and then he or anyone will know I am in on it. It can be our little secret. Then, when he comes to pick you up, we both walk and shout.....SURPRISE!!!! Oh, I do love being sneaky...tee hee hee.

I'll get on it, but want to make sure my fingers aren't writing checks my heart cannot cash!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 27, 2006 15:47

PeggySue1961 write:
seattlesunshine write:
PeggySue, you still trying to sell that walker to fund your lust auction purchases? OK, I'll give you $20 for it. Know there were a couple of birthdays on MM this month and it will make the perfect gift!

Okay, it's yours. It is nice to know you are so thoughtful to your friends here. It will make a nice gift.

Now that I have found the walker, I seem to have misplaced 747. Haven't seen him on since I placed my bid. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Seattle, I bet if YOU bid on him, poof he will reappear. Come on, I double dog dare you.

Can we co-bid on 747? (I can do the bidding or you do it--either way, I am gumby dammit). I would be up for that. When is your birthday? Or anniversary whatever you kids call it these days.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 27, 2006 11:00

HoldinOutForAHero write:
seattlesunshine write:
Just a reminder for little sister, Holdin,

The California manly men are right on target for the May 25th release date. Probably run them through the car wash today, then send them on their way.

Ah, just in time for the weekend!

i'm waiting i'm waiting!!!

They should be integrated back into the california society. Look under car hoods, the usual manly man places.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 26, 2006 03:17

HoldinOutForAHero write:
RapturousRed write:
HoldinOutForAHero write:
RapturousRed write:
HoldinOutForAHero write:
RapturousRed write:
HoldinOutForAHero write:
okay so I'm 18, yes but i've dated quite a bit.. and i'm sooo completely tired of all these GQ men, and metrosexuals.. where are all the guys that want me to grab them a beer while they watch the game? hell, where are the guys that just watch the game? I'll even sit down the watch the game with(but thats because i actually want to)
I'm pretty sure a manly man is extinct

Okay, I hate rain on everyone's parade, but I cannot believe no one has yet asked the $64k question: Just what is a 'manly man', HOFAH?

If a 'manly man' means someone who wants you to fetch his beer while he watches sports, then you may want to be careful of what you ask for, as you may very well get that and a whole lot of other traits you may not find so attractive over time.

If what you mean is you prefer the more "traditional" male/female roles, then that may be somewhat different.
Does the traditional view of "traditional" even apply when so many people have not lived the 'traditional' life? You still have to make a conscious decision that his desires, goals, dreams and household rules are more important than your own.

You don't say the age range of men you've dated. If you're staying within 5-7 yrs of your age, perhaps you should give some of those men a little break. They, like you, are still in a growing
stage.

Now, the guy who knocks you over to get to the mirror or takes longer than you to get dressed - RUN!

smiles

lets see... my definition of a "manly man" like i said.. a man who enjoy's his sports.. works on the cars on the weekend, likes getting dirty, the list can go on, sunshine was pretty dead on...

And no i'm not looking for the guy that's a sexist pig... you know the traditional 40's man..thinks my only place is in the kitchen

the whole thing on the age.. i've been known to date up to 10 yrs older then me.. so i think they would be a bit 'mature" by the time they are 28

so coming to a conclusion.. the only guys that i have dated are just the GQ guys that think all I want are expensive dinners and nice jewlery (which arent bad) but I want a guy who i can take to a baseball game, drink a beer with, and actually have him understand the game.. it's rediculous how much guys have come unglued from "america's favorite past time"

*shrugs*

That helps better define what 'manly man' means to you, HOFAH, and that's really what I was looking for.

Maybe you should cosider moving to the midwest. Having lived in CA, I know the men there are a unique breed and many who are self-centered and focused on how they look, what they have, what they're going to have, etc. Unless they came from somewhere else, then they're not quite as bad. Midwest guys are, in general, more earthy.

Hey, check out my son (he's in a pic in my profile). He's 22, has most of the characteristics you're looking for (he doesn't labor with his hands, though)but loves his sports, often takes his dates to sporting events (if they know what's the game's about), hanging out with friends to shoot pool. Good young man, and honestly not just cuz I'm his mother!

your son is cute!!! if you can message me, and i'll give you my email

He is a cutie and a fine young man. His dad still lives in San Jose and in fact was just out there recently. He was born in CA but raised here. Has that special blend....oh, there I go again - sorry! But now I'm thinking...oh my gosh, aren't you officially 'jail bait' for him since he's over 21?! I'll be in touch...

So red... i emailed your son, i'd say about a week ago... no response =/ anything on your end?

In fact, I just asked him the other day if he'd heard from you and he said he had not. Send me another note with your e-mail address.....simple obstacle!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 21:47

Tyburn_Theory write:
Australia is not only full of manly men, but it is our stereotype!!!

aussie men are always portrayed as MEN. here we call them blokes... bloke means manly man..haha... anyways..

Hope you find your, bloke!

Welcome to our Forums, Aussieman! Say some more for us. I think the Australian accent is to die for!

BTW ... is that Gucci or Prada you're holding in your pic? LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 21:42

Tyburn_Theory write:
wow there is an auction?

Dont worry lombard you look fine, from a blokes point of view anyway. Im sure there would be plent of ladies bidding. You would fetch a hefty sum!

Crikey!!! It's Stevo the Crocodile Hunter!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 21:39

DanDaring write:
My God Katie, you've been out with some rough ones, did they leave the toilet seat up , drop dirty washing on the floor, squeeze the toothpaste from the top.
There are guys out there who commit any of these heinous crimes, but are still bad' boys

I didn't say I dated more than ONE! Only a masochist (sorry Gem) would keep going back to the same type! And I'm talking about guys who put the toilet seat DOWN ... because they "basted" the ring with their uric emissions! I'm talking about men who THROW their dirty laundry (once they finally take it off) and IT STICKS TO THE WALL! I'm talking about the kind of guys who - (never MIND the toothpaste) squeeze a volcano simmering on their cheek and leave THAT on the bathroom mirror!

Most of these men were just buddies, guys I hung out with in my groups, actually mostly pilots in the late 80's and EMS guys in the 90's. Good friends to go partying or camping with, but nobody I'd ever want to date, despite their good looks, because I knew what pigs they were. And I mean that in a sisterly, "punch in the arm" way.

And I understand farting and belching is a bodily function faux pas that sometimes can't be helped ... but I admire a man who, when he's alone with a woman, doesn't do it in bed and then pull the sheets over her head so she is trapped in there with it. Ha ha. Big laugh.

Farting and belching are a male bonding thing. Keep it amongst yourselves. LOL

Luv ya!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 14:27

seattlesunshine write:

RapturousRed write:
seattlesunshine write:

Hey, you talkin' to me?!!!
lol

Dammit Red! Now it's not a surprise. Was going to have it re-chromed and everything!

Happy Birthday lovely lady!

lol...I wouldn't have thought of chrome, but that would be cool - I can just whack those men who are lucky enough to guess my real age. Or hey, trip the good one and drag them home, tie them up....lolol Make it a bright color. And thanks for the happy thought, I had a wonderful birthday. More fun to come this weekend - boat's coming out of storage and it is going to be 80 here!

Hey, isn't it release day?!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 09:54

RapturousRed write:
seattlesunshine write:

lol

Dammit Red! Now it's not a surprise. Was going to have it re-chromed and everything!

Happy Birthday lovely lady!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 01:48

seattlesunshine write:

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 00:31

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 05:56

Tyburn_Theory write:
Australia is not only full of manly men, but it is our stereotype!!!

aussie men are always portrayed as MEN. here we call them blokes... bloke means manly man..haha... anyways..

Hope you find your, bloke!

Yep I agree on that, and they about beat the entire world in the sport section. The Aussie girls are really privvy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 01:02

Just a reminder for little sister, Holdin,

The California manly men are right on target for the May 25th release date. Probably run them through the car wash today, then send them on their way.

Ah, just in time for the weekend!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 00:57

alexiaa write:
Lombard write:
I'm afraid that the price I would fetch at auction would not be worth the effort of putting me there.

you would be surprised they have reached up to $1000 for you to turn up just fo rthe candle lit dinner, anything you will get on the dance pole is a bonus for you lol.

Lombard you are hot-hot-hot up to, last count, $2000. You have surged ahead. Now if Grapes would quite wishin' and hopin' who knows what your final price will be?!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 23, 2006 06:49

Tyburn_Theory write:
wow there is an auction?

Dont worry lombard you look fine, from a blokes point of view anyway. Im sure there would be plent of ladies bidding. You would fetch a hefty sum!

Little brother, it's under the Romance heading, look for the auction thread. Take your little croc wallet over there and start bidding on the lovely ladies!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 22, 2006 23:07

Lombard writes:
But, Katiegirl, farting and belching are funny, aren't they? I think, in fact, that they are the highest form of humor.

Your post also confirms my position. You want a conditional manly man, which is contradictory.

Right. I was kidding around, and you KNOW it. LOL

I want to make it perfectly clear to any man who may be wondering, though.

I want a confident, successful man who can cut loose from the office once in a while and hang with me, who has a sense of humour or is at least mildly amusing and appreciates MY sense of humour. And I want an adventurous, chivalrous nice guy who isn't a beer-swilling, ribs-devouring, farting, disrespectful, slovenly wuss.

If that's an "unconditional manly man," then okay. That's what I'm looking for.

I especially DON'T want anything to do with a bad boy. If being a "bad boy" means he plays hard to get or sulks or treats me bad ... he can take a hike! I don't have time to waste on a guy who's going to make me sad all the time and then take off on me! Been there, done that! GOT THE T-SHIRT!

I'm so looking forward to sharing life with a man who goes places with me and cooks with me, rents movies, takes me out, plans getaways and sincerely cares about me.

If he's out there, reading my posts, and he thinks I'm intriguing ... hurry up! Contact me now! I'm beating them away from my door waitng for you!

LOL