#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires in the Kitchen > Recipe files Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Recipe files
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 08, 2011 13:21

A no fail recipe from Kormillionaire's Kicthen!

Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies

1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Using an electric mixer, blend cake mix, eggs and oil together.

2. Blend chocolate chips and walnuts into batter with a wooden spoon.

3. Drop batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet using a tablespoon.

4.Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden.

5. Let sit for about 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet with a spatula.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 28, 2010 06:28

Guess I can surrender a few.

Mangomisu
Ingredients (serves 6)
500g mascarpone cheese
600ml thickened cream
1/3 cup (50g) icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
1/2 cup (125ml) Grand Marnier
Juice of 2 oranges
300g savoiardi (see note) (sponge finger biscuits)
3 mangoes, flesh sliced 1cm thick
Raspberry sauce
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
250g fresh or frozen raspberries
Juice of 1 lemon

1.Line the base of a 22cm springform cake pan with plastic wrap or baking paper. Place the mascarpone, thickened cream, icing sugar, egg yolks and vanilla seeds in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed until thick and well combined.
Combine the Grand Marnier and orange juice in a separate bowl. Dip half the sponge fingers into the juice mixture and layer in the base of the cake pan. Spread with one-third of the mascarpone mixture, and top with one-third of the mango slices. Repeat the process, then top with the remaining mascarpone mixture, reserving the remaining mango slices to serve. Cover the cake and chill for 2 hours or until firm.
Meanwhile for the raspberry sauce, place the sugar and 2 tbs water in a small pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Cool slightly, then add the berries and lemon juice. Whiz in a food processor until smooth, then pass through a sieve. Chill until ready to serve. (You can store the sauce, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days).
To serve, carefully remove the sides and base of the cake pan and transfer the mangomisu to a platter. Decorate with curls of the reserved mango, then slice and serve with berry sauce.

Panzanella
Ingredients (serves 8)
4 large red capsicum
4 slices sourdough bread
1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, peeled
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
100g pitted kalamata olives, halved
1/2 cup torn basil leaves
1 tbs balsamic vinegar*

1.Preheat a barbecue or char-grill over medium heat. Cook capsicum, turning, for 10-15 minutes or until skins blacken and blister. Set aside to cool.
Brush bread with 1 tbs oil, then cook for 30 seconds each side or until lightly charred. Rub bread all over with peeled garlic clove. Tear into bite-sized pieces.
Place in a large bowl.
Peel capsicum over a bowl to save juice. Discard skins then cut capsicum in half, discarding seeds. Cut capsicum into 3cm pieces and add to bread pieces together with tomatoes, olives and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
Whisk remaining oil, vinegar and capsicum juice together. Season to taste, then pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to combine.

Greek Lemon&Yogurt Loaf
Ingredients (serves 8)
125g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1 lemon, rind finely grated
2 eggs, separated
1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
1/4 cup milk
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
Lemon icing
2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
2 teaspoons butter, melted
Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and sides of a 7cm-deep, 10.5cm x 20.5cm (base) loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
Using electric beaters, cream butter, sugar and lemon rind on high speed until pale and creamy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine yoghurt and milk in a jug. Fold flour, almond meal and yoghurt mixture, 1 at a time, into butter mixture.
Using electric beaters, beat eggwhites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Stir one-quarter of the eggwhites into batter. Gently fold in remaining eggwhites. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce oven to 160°C and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Make lemon icing: Combine icing sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and butter in a bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drizzle lemon icing over loaf. Sprinkle with lemon rind and serve.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 16, 2009 07:54

Do you need an egg to get the cornmeal to bind to the fish?

Thx

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 18, 2006 11:13

Tasha1978 write:
1Silverfox4U write:
OK! With all ya'll carryin' on about not postin' any recipes in here I'm gonna share one with ya! Consider it a Suthun Boy In Suthun California recipe.

The recipe is for Southern Fried Catfish. Even my old hootie California uppity friends die for it. Especially, when accompanied by my world famous HUSH PUPPIES! A recipe I will NOT share with you...sooo THERE'S!!!

Here we gooooo:

Buy some Catfish Steaks of about equal size. Put 1 cup cornmeal, salt and pepper to taste in brown paper sack and shake to mix it up. Then put Catfish in and shake to coat.

In fry pot or cast iron skillet, add Wesson Oil and heat to very hot. Fry on high heat until fish is golden brown (about 9 minutes, in all)

There ya' have it! Simple, crunchy and moist inside that'll have da' wiimenzs swoonin' and da menzs envious...

Now for that HUSH PUPPY recipe ya'll wished I'd share...NOOOOOO WAY!!!!!!!!

C' Ya!
James (Suthun Cook Extraordinaires!~)

Salt n pepper? That's it? Oh please,tell me about the hush puppies. You are making me want to go for shrimp and hush puppies...I have a recipe though, called Zatarans lol... I think.

HEY!!!! Don't forget da' cornmeals!!! Most people make the mistake of using Flour instead...and NOOOO! NO HUSH PUPPIES recipe. They are my Weapon Of Mass Seductions!!! heh, heh, heh...
C' Ya!
James

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 17, 2006 14:46

BEST RIBS IN THE WORLD!!!! Take one two or more slabs of ribs cut them apart. Add Tony Casheres Seasoning all over(Just Dash, not too much) You will need about 3 tall bottles of Oyster Sauce from an oriental market ( 1 bottle for each slab of ribs). Let it sit covered over night in the fridge. Using a frying pan , fill it up with oil, let it get hot and drop a few ribs in there. Because of the oyster sauce they are going to turn dark in color. Don't be scared! They are very good. I cooked 5 slabs for my sons birthday party and everyone of those ribs got ate, people were still asking about ribs.----->>> You can also use OYSTER SAUCE in stir fry's, no need for salt but black pepper and bell peppers make a great taste . ----->>> SHRIMP IS ALSO GOOD COOKED IN A SKILLET OR FRIED WITH OYSTER SAUCE. TRY SHRIMP-KA-BOB ON A GRILL.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 17, 2006 14:44

1Silverfox4U write:
OK! With all ya'll carryin' on about not postin' any recipes in here I'm gonna share one with ya! Consider it a Suthun Boy In Suthun California recipe.

The recipe is for Southern Fried Catfish. Even my old hootie California uppity friends die for it. Especially, when accompanied by my world famous HUSH PUPPIES! A recipe I will NOT share with you...sooo THERE'S!!!

Here we gooooo:

Buy some Catfish Steaks of about equal size. Put 1 cup cornmeal, salt and pepper to taste in brown paper sack and shake to mix it up. Then put Catfish in and shake to coat.

In fry pot or cast iron skillet, add Wesson Oil and heat to very hot. Fry on high heat until fish is golden brown (about 9 minutes, in all)

There ya' have it! Simple, crunchy and moist inside that'll have da' wiimenzs swoonin' and da menzs envious...

C' Ya!

Salt n pepper? That's it? Oh please,tell me about the hush puppies. You are making me want to go for shrimp and hush puppies...I have a recipe though, called Zatarans lol... I think.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 17, 2006 12:52

Here we gooooo:

C' Ya!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 06:41

hondo1952 write:
Tasha I'm leaving early in the morning for Alabama and I'll post my recipe when I get there. It's from my mom and I can just copy her recipe onto the thread. She's the worlds best cook so I can put up all kind while I'm there.

Lol, tell mom to bring on those Buttermilk biscuits!!! Ya know the kind you can really taste the buttermilk, and have to use lard(yuck)? Really good though.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 08, 2006 18:30

Tasha I'm leaving early in the morning for Alabama and I'll post my recipe when I get there. It's from my mom and I can just copy her recipe onto the thread. She's the worlds best cook so I can put up all kind while I'm there.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 07, 2006 09:05

Best freaking Lasagna you could ever eat. No measuring required. Oven bake lasagna squares, 1 large container of Ricotta cheese, 1 or two containers of cottage cheese ( depending on how much you like the taste) largest size jar of spaghetti sauce, hamburger meat(I DON'T USE MUCH, YOUR CHOICE). Using a cake dish(don't know the measurement) but big, Pour spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of the dish. Dip the lasagna squares in egg(after beating). with a tablespoon cover the whole shell with Ricotta cheese(HAS A VERY GOOD AND DISTINCT TASTE). Do that for the first layer of lasagna. Pour sauce over those squares. Start a second layer this time using Cottage Cheese, pour sauce over it, then do Ricotta again and the back to Cottage (You get it). You can add any other cheese you would like. Five Italian cheese is pretty good. Make sure with every layer you make, to add sauce. This is what helps the lasagna bake. I also pour sauce on top and then cover with parmasean cheese , provolone... it's your choice (Shredded). Cover (aluminum foil) and bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes on 350. Don't forget the bread dashes of garlic and butter, ceasar salad is good too. IF YOU HAVE A LARGE FAMILY , YOU MIGHT CONSIDER MAKING DOUBLE DISHES. THIS WON'T LAST LONG. I HAVE TONS OF NEIGHBORS,I COOK FOR ALL.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 07, 2006 09:04

Yummy Guacamole, All you need is avacado 1 or 2. Stir in some sour cream , salt lime juice and onions(If you like lime and onion) Keep doing taste test... Pretty good I think y'all will like it.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 15:35

A good desert. Vanilla or Butter cake mix, you favorite flavor of jello. Bake the cake , let it cool. Take a toothpick , poke lot's of holes everywhere. While the jello is still liquified, pour it all over the top of the cake(VERY SLOWLY). It will seep into the holes. After it has been soaked up into the cake, add your favorite icing, as long as it taste good with the jellow. Mine is Strawberry Jello with Cream Cheese icing on top of a white cake. This is good with Angel Food Cake too!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 08:58

Roast in a Crock Pot... Take a large pork or beef roast place it in the crock pot. Add one whole onion. Using a hand held shredder remove the skins from potatoes and carrots( as many as you would like) Put them on top of the roast and pour Hot and spicy BarBque sauce over everything. DO NOT ADD WATER TO THIS!!! let it slow cook low or medium until done. If you don't add potatoes, cut and boil some.Homemade mashed potatoes are the best! And this is the best roast!!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 08:44

Pink Salmon (fish), Ranch Dressing, Mrs Dash. Mix it up... Use Butter Flavored Keebler Crakers and start dipping. This is very very good.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 08:43

Fast and easy nacho's... 1 block of Velveeta cheese 2 or 3 cans of Rotel(hot, extra hot, medium or mild) any way you like it. Heat the Rotel first, it shoud be nice and hot before you put the (CUT UP CHEESE BLOCKS IN THERE). Make sure that you use a non stick pan, like T-Fal or anything like that. Stir frequently. Make sure not to burn the cheese it taste nasty!! This stuff is good when sitting at home watching movies.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 08:35

Looking for a good snack?? Try pepper jelly and cream cheese on Ritz crackers. It's outta this world!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 08, 2006 21:14

start with 2 slices or cinnamon raisin toast.
spread lite cream cheese in the middle.
dip as if for french toast.
fry until golden brown.

top with pat of butter,
100% pure maple on the side,
thick sliced, baked to crispy perfection, smoked low salt bacon.

fresh lovely strawberries on the side,
hot mocha coffee,
and a rose.

worried about calories?
DON'T!
this breakfast will give you all the workout you need, when you serve your partner or your partner serves you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 08, 2006 08:18

bedford40 write:
Breakfast...

2 Slices wholemeal toast
Spread with "Laughing Cow Lite" cream cheese
Cover with several slices of wafer thin oak smoked ham
Top with two poached eggs

Very healthy... best served in bed

Hi Bedford!

Yuuummm! But those crumbs are killer LOL!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 08, 2006 07:52

Breakfast...

2 Slices wholemeal toast
Spread with "Laughing Cow Lite" cream cheese
Cover with several slices of wafer thin oak smoked ham
Top with two poached eggs

Very healthy... best served in bed

Available only
to logged in members