#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > Love or Money? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Love or Money?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 04, 2006 15:55

I agree with you. LOVE and chemistry are the most important things in a relationship...

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Aug 23, 2011 10:03

You get a social status with money and you are not happy without love. So you have to make a choice...Sometimes happen miracle, you have bouth of this.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 20, 2006 14:01

afs543210 write:
You don't have to have one or the other. I'm getting both. I want it all. I have the one part, money, I want more of it and have ambitious goals. The love part, I have to still find the right one. Why settle?

Well put,bobsthename! Why should there be any contradiction between the best things in life? After all, money means power, and power is sexy , isn't it?

I agree, these are not mutually exclusive concepts as long as you keep in mind that love is love and money is only money (and that power is sexy).

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 15:39

robtest write:

Angyson write:
Has anyone heard of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs ?

Isn't that the one that says the longer you do drugs, the more money you need so that you can get heir and heir ???

lol..honestly, rob, you just crack me up!

I know what Maslow's theory is. So, angyson, how would you relate his theory to this question?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 14:54

gotta be love!! re other post ive made!

its hard to find when you have all your dreams. most are easily phased by all you do, and dont see you for real reasons.

ive always treated everyone equally, yet some can be so sly to con ya with your heart!

so true love is must for me. must be pure than ever before! and money aint an issue! as im happy being a independant woman. and will wait for the hero to whisk me away!!! hey no harming in dreaming!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 09:19

Angyson write:
Has anyone heard of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs ?

Isn't that the one that says the longer you do drugs, the more money you need so that you can get heir and heir ???

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 12, 2006 06:25

robtest write:
We have 4 Bday's in Febuary in my family. While my mother was alive, we had 5. Mine is the 19th, which is the cusp of Aquarius/Pisces. Tend to be a little more dreamy pisces, but still know how to handle a budget. :o)

One of my favorite things to do is count 9 months back from your Bday. I am a june vacation beach baby! ROFLMAO... No wonder we were all born with sandy colored hair!

lol...kinda like that commercial where the woman is in the elevator with a young daughter and a baby in the stroller and the little girl says something like "mom says she got our brother at disneyworld"...I'm sure I wrecked that but hopefully you remember the commerical. I think I was a hot summer night baby, but then since there's eight of us, they were just doing it all the time! The only month without a b-day is December - thank goodness!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 16:49

We have 4 Bday's in Febuary in my family. While my mother was alive, we had 5. Mine is the 19th, which is the cusp of Aquarius/Pisces. Tend to be a little more dreamy pisces, but still know how to handle a budget. :o)

One of my favorite things to do is count 9 months back from your Bday. I am a june vacation beach baby! ROFLMAO... No wonder we were all born with sandy colored hair!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 14:22

beautynbrains4u write:
sagittarius, 12/20...which still makes me closer to 45 doesn't it? Maybe I should change my age on my profile??

lol...so very tempting...
fiery, passionate sag! you can tell by your posts and this pic!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 16:05

Completely agree - the two do not have to be mutually exclusive. I want it all too!

Whisperin.....I'm a Gem...5/24 (thus the red..524), Taurus rising and moon in Aires....always appreciate 'earth' people. Trustworthy, practical, veerryyyy sensual (usually)...My combo makes me air (thinker) earth (see above), fire (action, passion)....yikes!!!

So how about you, bob & beauty? When's your b-days?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2006 05:56

You don't have to have one or the other. I'm getting both. I want it all. I have the one part, money, I want more of it and have ambitious goals. The love part, I have to still find the right one. Why settle?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 09, 2006 02:19

robtest write:
redhead524 write:
I do think that above all else, there has to be a mutual love. My practical side though says there is a balance - that is not ALL about love and love does not conquer all problems. After all, how many of us are willing to date the homeless man - even if he would love you unconditionally?

I'm not saying a man has to be wealthy or that a person's wealth should come before love. In our age range, both should bring self sufficiency to the party. I also think that men in my age range should, in reality, be making more than myself. If his income is significantly lower than mine at this stage of his life, it's usually an indicator of some characterisic that is not going to be a fit for the long run.

Well said Red !!!

The "who makes more" thing I would possibly debate though. Depends on the field that one works in... I am certainly no millionaire, but my salary and my networth put me in the top 15th-20th percentiles based on published results. I have found in the last few years there are many women that I go out with that make much more than I do, but they are typically in a sales or top level management field. The downside side is that most companies don't give something for nothing, and one of my biggest difficulties is that on an "hourly wage" basis, I made significantly more than they did. And in the end, pisces boy cares little for monetary gains, so if they didn't have time to play, I had to go away... I don't want to date a workaholic. And the gifts they bring to make up for the time not spent together just don't cut it...

I will agree that being on closer "peer" levels across the boards (time available, income, intelligence, emotions, and physicality) does lead to a much stronger relationship.

So, "Pisces", huh? Got a b-day coming....when is it?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 08:49

redhead524 write:
I do think that above all else, there has to be a mutual love. My practical side though says there is a balance - that is not ALL about love and love does not conquer all problems. After all, how many of us are willing to date the homeless man - even if he would love you unconditionally?

I'm not saying a man has to be wealthy or that a person's wealth should come before love. In our age range, both should bring self sufficiency to the party. I also think that men in my age range should, in reality, be making more than myself. If his income is significantly lower than mine at this stage of his life, it's usually an indicator of some characterisic that is not going to be a fit for the long run.

Well said Red !!!

The "who makes more" thing I would possibly debate though. Depends on the field that one works in... I am certainly no millionaire, but my salary and my networth put me in the top 15th-20th percentiles based on published results. I have found in the last few years there are many women that I go out with that make much more than I do, but they are typically in a sales or top level management field. The downside side is that most companies don't give something for nothing, and one of my biggest difficulties is that on an "hourly wage" basis, I made significantly more than they did. And in the end, pisces boy cares little for monetary gains, so if they didn't have time to play, I had to go away... I don't want to date a workaholic. And the gifts they bring to make up for the time not spent together just don't cut it...

I will agree that being on closer "peer" levels across the boards (time available, income, intelligence, emotions, and physicality) does lead to a much stronger relationship.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 05, 2006 04:36