#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > He's just not that in to you Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
He's just not that in to you
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 05:12

Whisper, for men to tell us the truth would be to break the "Male Code" and be cast out of the boys-only treehouse club forever!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 04, 2006 15:57

whisperinocean write:
I've had mixed responses from guys about the book. I think the book is brilliant and clears up alot of things.
Some guys say, that some of it is hogwash.

Why is it so hard for most men to be honest with a woman regarding a second date etc? It also says that a man would rather lose a limb than tell a woman it is a no go.

What do the men say?

I saw that book on the BooksAMill website the other day, I did'nt buy it. What I did buy is a book called Why Men Love B*t*hes. I have read it once before. It had also passed through many hands, and never made it back to me. I just had to buy it again. It's a very good book and full of laugh's. It's a must read. Anyhow, I personally feel like I just know weather or not there will be a second date. Ya know that ... I'm so bored, or can't stop looking at your watch kinda thing or looking for something to say... I guess what I am trying to say is, it's always mutual. It really does'nt bother me. I definatly would not go home and be sad.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 26, 2006 12:36

whisperinocean write:
robtest write:

whisperinocean write:
I've had mixed responses from guys about the book. I think the book is brilliant and clears up alot of things.

Why is it so hard for most men to be honest with a woman regarding a second date etc? It also says that a man would rather lose a limb than tell a woman it is a no go.

What do the men say?

The dishonesty on the second date knows no gender bias! I had met one lady a couple years ago, and to me it didn't seem like that much of a "click", but thinking it might be "me" and I was being too picky, I gave the non-commital "we should do it again sometime", which is normally responded to with "Sure, give me a call sometime"...

Her response was "Let's get together the day after tomorrow! I'll give you a call"

On my way home, I pondered at how I had really misjudged the body language and conversation on that one!!!

The next morning, I wokeup to an email sent at 4:30am that read:

Dear Rob,

This is the hardest thing I have had to do... blah, blah, blah... blah, blah...

Can I just buy this book and change the He(s) to She(s) or maybe just leave it generically "THEY are just not into you" with no gender bias at all??? LOL

I think actions speak louder than words, so they can say what they want, I am watching for the follow thru...

Rob, there is a book. "You're just not that in to him", then the contencts go: but you dated him anyway, you slept with him anyway etc etc etc. Can't recall who the author is.

When at the bookshop, I like to flip through books on dating to see what they say. I had many a laugh.

Guys get the other side of the coin too.

E-mails at 4:30!!!! The only time I'll read mails at that time is offshore. :):)

If we had to do a survey, I think the dishonesty in dating will lean more toward the male than female.

Well Dear Rob,

I think the lady let a catch slip through blah blah blah

The book is written by Greg Behrendt. And I dont think, Rob, that you can change the hes to shes. Men have a different approach to turning someone down than women. A woman will usually tell you what she means, where as men (except for you of course) speak in code. They have to be deciphered. this book has given women the advice to go on with thier lives and quit waiting for stinky the time waster to be a man and tell what hes really thinking. Some parts are a little harsh but they sure hit home when youre trying to figure out what a man really wants.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 22:04

GeminiDi write:

weelassy, I've noticed that with a LOT of posts lately. Their name appears on the right of the forum topics' list, but nothing appears on the thread until much much later ... sometimes not at all.

I'm wondering if they've started actually READING our posts and forget to make them public afterward.

This site isn't the best; that's for sure! LOL

Ditto ...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 17:07

robtest write:

whisperinocean write:

What do the men say?

The dishonesty on the second date knows no gender bias! I had met one lady a couple years ago, and to me it didn't seem like that much of a "click", but thinking it might be "me" and I was being too picky, I gave the non-commital "we should do it again sometime", which is normally responded to with "Sure, give me a call sometime"...

Her response was "Let's get together the day after tomorrow! I'll give you a call"

On my way home, I pondered at how I had really misjudged the body language and conversation on that one!!!

Dear Rob,

Can I just buy this book and change the He(s) to She(s) or maybe just leave it generically "THEY are just not into you" with no gender bias at all??? LOL

I think actions speak louder than words, so they can say what they want, I am watching for the follow thru...

Where the frick is my post?????? Hmmmm MM stop this as it not fair to delete be previous post on this and other threads.

P.S People I already typed to this hours ago...lol...However it does not appear to show.....Grrr

This site sucks

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 15:02

whisperinocean write:

What do the men say?

Dear Rob,

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 07:35

thegoodlife421 write:
Whisper, for men to tell us the truth would be to break the "Male Code" and be cast out of the boys-only treehouse club forever!

Oh no I don't buy it. If done correctly it is very simple to be done honestly. ALWAYS, ALWAYS do your first date at Starbucks/coffee shop.

Before the date joke with the next victim I mean lady that if we don't click I will tell her "I need to go home and wash my dog or something". I have done this twice. We laughed about it and agreed we didn't click. No hard feelings and you go your seperate ways. Now if you do click move onto dinner, movie etc.

My rationale behind Starbucks is if you have not done a thorough job of screening and you end up on a bad date, the amount of time spent can be limited to how fast you can drink a small cup of coffee. (Secret Tip - If the date is real BAD have them add a few ice cubes to cool the coffee!) - Yes once, always ask for a recent pic!