#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Pets > Guys with dogs Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Guys with dogs
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 13, 2005 09:20

Well in your case Bill I got along with the your dog Izabell, and you I was lucky I believe.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 13, 2005 07:57

unsnaggedeagle write:
Just want to add that sometimes when you meet a person with an animal I find that I get along with the animal better lol

Not always though. I think we need a clarification here. lol.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 13, 2005 05:00

unsnaggledaggle, good comment. I find that to be true. Also, if you meet someone and your dog does not like them, run!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 12, 2005 09:30

Just want to add that sometimes when you meet a person with an animal I find that I get along with the animal better lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 05, 2005 05:55

With me, it is also love me, love my dog. New studies have shown that children who turn a cold shoulder to animals or worse yet torture them are going to lead troubled lives.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 04, 2005 04:08

I really think you have an issue with pets rather than men who love dogs.
With me its love me, love my dog. Any guy wanting to date me has to have Daisy's seal of approval before he gets anywhere near first base!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 29, 2005 13:36

Wow sound like some of these woman like to be in control, god forbid a person to love an animal or child you woman are self centered and need a good kick in the rear end.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 20:02

billzeke write:

sharp1 write:

billzeke write:

LivingParadox17 write:
I agree, it is true. Any man who is "really attached" to his dog or cat (or to children for that matter) is not going to be good at being a husband or partner. They are choosing to give all of their love to someone who is more of their own speed, rather than take the challenge of a full-grown complexity of a woman.

Men who LOOOOVVVVVE the complexity and challenge of a woman are not interested in wasting their deep love on pets or children.

ATTENTION: this goes for women too, if they are "really attached".

by the way, this is spoken on authority of having coached many single men (and women) in Tantric sexuality, relationships and spirituality. It just happens to be my area of expertise.

Sounds like you are looking for a guy that is incapable of loving anything or anyone but YOU. Pretty selfish on your part, don't you think? Now I know why they say: "A dog is mans best friend."

That thought crossed my mind too, glad you said it...sounds better coming from a guy!

I'm having a spelling problem today, but no way am I going back to correct! y_a_'ll have to bear with it! lol

I am glad I said it too. Also glad I am not her type. I would rather have a bad spelling animal lover any day.

Whoooo Meeee???? lol Ooops! It was bad! lol I was a little late picking up your advice that maybe I shouldn't post today! lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 15:39

sharp1 write:

billzeke write:

LivingParadox17 write:
I agree, it is true. Any man who is "really attached" to his dog or cat (or to children for that matter) is not going to be good at being a husband or partner. They are choosing to give all of their love to someone who is more of their own speed, rather than take the challenge of a full-grown complexity of a woman.

Men who LOOOOVVVVVE the complexity and challenge of a woman are not interested in wasting their deep love on pets or children.

by the way, this is spoken on authority of having coached many single men (and women) in Tantric sexuality, relationships and spirituality. It just happens to be my area of expertise.

Sounds like you are looking for a guy that is incapable of loving anything or anyone but YOU. Pretty selfish on your part, don't you think? Now I know why they say: "A dog is mans best friend."

That thought crossed my mind too, glad you said it...sounds better coming from a guy!

I'm having a spelling problem today, but no way am I going back to correct! y_a_'ll have to bear with it! lol

I am glad I said it too. Also glad I am not her type. I would rather have a bad spelling animal lover any day.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 12:14

billzeke write:

LivingParadox17 write:

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 12:00

aphotoguy write:

Hello, All--this is my first post (well, except for the newbie thing I put up. Which nobody posted to, by the way! :-)) So, LivingParadox, I think most broad generalizations like this rarely hold true under scrutiny. I, for one, completely disagree that my love for my children in any way affects my ability to fully embrace the complexities and challenges of a woman. Is there any significant research that supports your point of view? Not to diminish your own work of course, but how large of a sample group are you working with? W.

I disagree too. Animals area often used therapeutically and successfuly I might with young children and teens.

Her generalization. I think stems from her own personal view and dislike of animals, which can not be used to stereotype all men and women.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 11:53

LivingParadox17 write:

We an accept your opinion as being the only truth...but I'm not going to. Amongst yourself, how many others have conducted their own personal study thru the obervations of some of the people they come in contct with who has any or all of these animals. Looking at things from their own angle, I'm sure they will old a completely different opinion.

Let's see my first Goldend Retriever died 5 yrs ago. 1.5 yrs later, to make my daughter happy i purhased another. Then I bought a property & the owner didn't know what to do with their Australian Shepherd X Border Collie...so I said I take her too. I was then convinced I needed a cat (mouser) if I was going to live out in the counrty. I also used to have 2 horse. The horses gave us pleasure riding morning or evening. Miss them. It was difficult to find someone to look after them when we were away. The dogs & cat are easy care, give us much love and pleasure, protection, and it's not that difficult to have someone lookinng after them daily.

My pets do not cause me to neglect my family, friends, my own social life, or intervere in our travels.

People who make such comments, I usually surmise they do not like pets of any kind!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 09:45

justonecutey write:
Is that a bouv?? I have one too! She is almost 13 and is still in great shape! What a wonderful breed!

andie

She is an all black German Shepherd. They are not as rare as some people think. Goo*gle, black german shepherds and you will see what I mean.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 09:26

Is that a bouv?? I have one too! She is almost 13 and is still in great shape! What a wonderful breed!

andie

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 07:40

billzeke, that is a huge dog!I can't tell the breed by the picture. Is he or she a mixed breed?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 27, 2005 06:50

LivingParadox17 write:

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 10:25

Any man who has pets is an added allure. I find that those who are bonded to pets are able to bond period. My pug and cats are the ultimate test. If a man reacts warmly to them .... they get many points! If they seem irritated by their presense, to coin a familiar online dating phrase.... NEXT!! (i.e. I quickly give them a Hasta la Vista !!)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 21:48

Hello, All--this is my first post (well, except for the newbie thing I put up. Which nobody posted to, by the way! :-)) So, LivingParadox, I think most broad generalizations like this rarely hold true under scrutiny. I, for one, completely disagree that my love for my children in any way affects my ability to fully embrace the complexities and challenges of a woman. Is there any significant research that supports your point of view? Not to diminish your own work of course, but how large of a sample group are you working with? W.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 20:11

LivingParadox17 write:

well i find that very hard to believe a man who is attached to his dog his cat or his children ? wht the hell does it have to do with sex.. i find all of those qualities as being excellent and it happens to be my area of expertise that they are also are great in bed... so i dont know who u are treating- unless they are making out with their dog - then its an issue

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 20:08

middlesexbabe write:
if they are good with pets, u know they going to be a good father!

[/quote_message i agree i can judge a man by the love and care he shows his dog and his mom.. im a dog lover and wouldnt pick a man that didnt like dogs