#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Millionaires who are online > what keeps you happy Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
what keeps you happy
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 16:36

someone with endless resources, what keeps them happy

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 29, 2009 10:09

AS LONG AS MY BILLS ARE PAYED AND FOOD IN THE HOUSE NO ONE WOULD HERE A HARSH WORD OUT OF ME EVER AGAIN.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 02, 2008 13:14

to be in love.
the only happiness

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 08, 2006 09:33

Music keeps me happy as well as food and my family>>my career also.
(chocolate:caramel and nuts)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 03, 2006 05:27

Sprite, hugs, kisses, remembering the good times, funny stuff and good food

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 02, 2006 20:31

What keeps me happy are the small things in life, the smile on a child's face, having my cat jump in my lap for loving,seeing a beautiful sunset or sunrise, waking up each morning, and remembering the times I had with my lost love before he died a year ago.
Money, friends and materialistic things come and go. I lived with him in an 8,000 sq ft home and then in a small 3 bedroom apartment, and was just as happy in both places.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 22:44

sharp1 write:
Speaking of bad service, I can see that Benefactor has posted (Mar. 14), he is a preferred member, yet his post is not showing.
You'll read this tomorrow, cause I am a ghost!

I think we established with abundant clarity that the technology of this site sucks (and some other aspects of it too).

But what's with the "Preferred" label - I never asked for it or placed a check mark or anything? And I see it says those are the members who are "more serious" and I have never held out myself to be anything of the sort?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 21:56

Ben...Preferred means you are a paying member. I was preferred until I let my membership expire Mar. 5...now I'm ghostly...lol Like many of the other posters.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 20:22

What keeps me happy? A smile on my child's lips! Oh have I said that before?

"All you can do, as a parent, is create a "best case scenario" plan for how you will make the children's lives as trauma-free as possible" -

Katie you are right, my situation is different being a widow. But the same philosophy applies to the above except I would add - " Help heal the children's lives from the trauma and give them better memories than I had"

Last weekend I showed up at my Mothers house without calling or anything (she lives 90 miles south of me). I said lets go to the beach (Savannah - 2.5 hrs away) with my boys. We spent a long weekend and had a blast.

My point, as a child I remember going to Savannah on vacation. The oak trees lining the streets. Well I gave my boys the same memory but better because we spent it with Grandma!

It is our job as parent to see that these kids have it better than we did. And I had FINE parents!

Katie & Sharp you have done well by your children. Be Proud!

Don

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 14:44

My FAITH in GOD, A heart of GOLD, A Wallet of PLATNIUM, (an American Express Black Card wouldn't hurt) and a man that's willing to SHARE it with me. Of course he HAS to know how to please his woman.....:) And that's being real.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 08:51

katiegrl write:
Sharp writes:
I don't know your situation, but as it takes two to tango, it takes 2 to make a marriage work, and it takes 2 to kill and marriage also. No blame lies on one person's shoulders alone.

Sharp babe,
(and Ben)
In my personal experience, I became ill when my daughter was around 3. One day, I came home from work in the late afternoon and found our house empty, the car gone, my baby taken and our bank accounts gutted. I never saw it coming.

There was no 50/50 responsibility for the marriage breakup here. HE made the decision we were getting divorced and he had divorce and sole custody papers delivered to me. There was nothing I could do to change his mind.

Sometimes, trying to come up with any and every solution to marital problems is a dead end lost cause. It's only prolonging the torture, thrashing a dead horse into hamburger.

But Ben, my daughter was nearly 4 when it happened and after I kidnapped her back (long story) after telling her I was whisking her away for ice cream, I kept every aspect of her life as wonder- filled and untraumatic as I could.

Even tho my ex tried to undermine me at every turn as my daughter grew up, I still stuck to my plan to make the split-up the least upheaving that I could. Sometimes my daughter would sob, heartbroken in the window, as he drove away, after he dropped her off from her week with him. He was feeding her a lot of poison about me and MAKING her miss him terribly.

But I still had emergency plans up my sleeve to ease the horrible pain he was putting her through. I'd have popsicles in the fridge or a new craft for us both to do together to make her think of something else. Sometimes I would take her up to her room and show her a wonderful tent I made over her bed or a new poster I'd painted for her wall.

I was always careful not to spoil her by buying things for her, (I couldn't afford it after the divorce ANYWAY) and was quick to take advantage of the short memories little kids have.

It was hard. On ME. As you both say, it kills you to see your child hurting, but it isn't always a 50/50 faus pas. Sometimes one or another parent can only see their child as their "property" and also an ideal tool for making the spouse suffer. That kind of selfish person cannot be reasoned with. All you can do is be ready to counter-attack with love for your child and distraction if your child is being used.

All you can do, as a parent, is create a "best case scenario" plan for how you will make the children's lives as trauma-free as possible, knowing you will have to bear the full brunt of negativity from all sides, on your own shoulders, in silence, for the sake of the children.

Luckily, there are so many ways to ease the strain of divorce on the little ones, with a little creativity, strength, tenacity and, of course - love.

If anyone wants to discuss this, I'm only an email away. I'd love to help. That goes for you too, Ben.

You are right, each individual's situation is unique, and can't be stereotyped as a text book case.

I'm sorry you had so many problems with your ex, and for what he did to you and your daughter. It's cruel to children when parents behave in that manner.

I have been extremely lucky in that my ex and I get along. We used to share custody until my daughter decided she just wanted to live with me, and in her teens, she needed that. My son going to University now lives full time with his Dad. Neither of us have ever bad mouthed the other to the kids. There father may be apathetic, but he's a good man, a good father, and respected by his business colleagues & everyone who meets him, and his family. We were just two very different people, and the marriage didn't work out after 19 yrs. I am very luck and thankful, that I have not suffered some of the traumatic experiences that many women have had to suffer and endure.
I was a mom like you...crafts daily...painting gift wrap, making cards, beading, playing baseball with all the neighborhood kids...I had so much fun with them. Alot of good memories. Sometimes I think I can hardly wait for grandchildren! Although I think I can wait until my kids are older, married & ready for kids! lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 08:32

Benefactor123 write:
No idea what I would bid before seeing the numbers.

And barriers to entry are so low in this business that if they asked for too much I would simply start another site,call "BetterMillionaireMatch.com" and post a few messages here about cheaper and better site that is an alternative.

Hahaha! That would be hilarious...you should do it just for the fun of it!

It would work you know, because that is how over 20 people left this site Aug/Sept 2005 and went to Yahoo 360. wwwww123 started telling everyone about it, and how to do it...before you knew it, people were gone, and now they keep in touch and have their fun on the 360. Once in awhile 1 or 2 of them might add their 2 cents on these forums, like NYCHICK!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 08:26

whisperinocean write:
At our age as you say, I will not change for someone, because it suits them. I know what I want and won't settle for anything else.

Good for you. You are beautiful, one day someone will come along and see and love you for who you are.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 23:17

cookie2013 write:
someone with endless resources, what keeps them happy

I think a REALLY interesting question would be, "Someone with minimum resources ... what keeps you happy?"

Then when the answers roll in, perhaps people of means can see how simple and priceless, or rather - "not purchased with money" happiness can be obtained for.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 23:10

Sharp writes:
I don't know your situation, but as it takes two to tango, it takes 2 to make a marriage work, and it takes 2 to kill and marriage also. No blame lies on one person's shoulders alone.

Sharp babe,
(and Ben)
In my personal experience, I became ill when my daughter was around 3. One day, I came home from work in the late afternoon and found our house empty, the car gone, my baby taken and our bank accounts gutted. I never saw it coming.

There was no 50/50 responsibility for the marriage breakup here. HE made the decision we were getting divorced and he had divorce and sole custody papers delivered to me. There was nothing I could do to change his mind.

Sometimes, trying to come up with any and every solution to marital problems is a dead end lost cause. It's only prolonging the torture, thrashing a dead horse into hamburger.

But Ben, my daughter was nearly 4 when it happened and after I kidnapped her back (long story) after telling her I was whisking her away for ice cream, I kept every aspect of her life as wonder- filled and untraumatic as I could.

Even tho my ex tried to undermine me at every turn as my daughter grew up, I still stuck to my plan to make the split-up the least upheaving that I could. Sometimes my daughter would sob, heartbroken in the window, as he drove away, after he dropped her off from her week with him. He was feeding her a lot of poison about me and MAKING her miss him terribly.

But I still had emergency plans up my sleeve to ease the horrible pain he was putting her through. I'd have popsicles in the fridge or a new craft for us both to do together to make her think of something else. Sometimes I would take her up to her room and show her a wonderful tent I made over her bed or a new poster I'd painted for her wall.

I was always careful not to spoil her by buying things for her, (I couldn't afford it after the divorce ANYWAY) and was quick to take advantage of the short memories little kids have.

It was hard. On ME. As you both say, it kills you to see your child hurting, but it isn't always a 50/50 faus pas. Sometimes one or another parent can only see their child as their "property" and also an ideal tool for making the spouse suffer. That kind of selfish person cannot be reasoned with. All you can do is be ready to counter-attack with love for your child and distraction if your child is being used.

All you can do, as a parent, is create a "best case scenario" plan for how you will make the children's lives as trauma-free as possible, knowing you will have to bear the full brunt of negativity from all sides, on your own shoulders, in silence, for the sake of the children.

Luckily, there are so many ways to ease the strain of divorce on the little ones, with a little creativity, strength, tenacity and, of course - love.

If anyone wants to discuss this, I'm only an email away. I'd love to help. That goes for you too, Ben.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 12:01

Speaking of bad service, I can see that Benefactor has posted (Mar. 14), he is a preferred member, yet his post is not showing.
You'll read this tomorrow, cause I am a ghost!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 09:27

sharp1 write:
You're right about the quote feature. I often delete the portion of the quote I do not want.

I have written MM several times, including this past week when I suggested to them they might want to consider taking some University Business courses to learn how to run a business efficiently, and more profitably. They wrote back they's consider my suggestion! LMAO!
Hey, they're Canadians out of Toronto, maybe they'll take you up on your offer...what would you bid? lol

No idea what I would bid before seeing the numbers. If they are making money, it can't be all that much so I don't think it would cost a lot. Establishing a value is not too difficult once one knows the cash flow that a business (any business) generates.

And barriers to entry are so low in this business that if they asked for too much I would simply start another site, call it "BetterMillionaireMatch.com" and post a few messages here about cheaper and better site that is an alternative.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 18:59

I totally agree that this website needs improvement. I mistakenly registered and find the communicating with others on this site is short of impossible.

Well Benefactor. I am not looking for a benefactor but could use a friend. I do live quite a ways away from you. I live in Tampa, Florida, am thirty-three and work locally for an immigration law firm so I do meet lots of Canadians in the process.

If you are interested and this site works contact me.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 17:10

You're right about the quote feature. I often delete the portion of the quote I do not want.
I considered after posting that it was getting too personal for public reading. I'm sure you receive lots of advice in your IM's.
I have written MM several times, including this past week when I suggested to them they might want to consider taking some University Business courses to learn how to run a business efficiently, and more profitably. They wrote back they's consider my suggestion! LMAO!
Hey, they're Canadians out of Toronto, maybe they'll take you up on your offer...what would you bid? lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 11:36

I just don't like the "Quote" feature on this site which quotes the whole post. Usually we want to respond only to a small part of some post and with "Quote" posts end up being confusing and long. Just look at the Weelassy VS Blonide and Devo thread.

So I prefer to cut and paste the relevant parts.

As we all know, MM's technology platforms sucks and as I said on IM to somebody, maybe one should just put them out of their misery and buy them. MM admins, if you read this, please get in touch if you are interested in getting a bid.

My personal situation is I am sure not of sufficient interest to folks who read this to go into as long of an explanation as your comments would require. So I'll spare everyone such a long post (I have discussed it offline with a number of you).

Oh, yeah, feel free to ask the questions at your dinner party ....