what keeps you happy Dating Wealthy Men / Women

• View author's info Author posted on Jan 15, 2006 16:36

someone with endless resources, what keeps them happy
  • 16Comments

• View author's info posted on Sep 29, 2009 10:09

AS LONG AS MY BILLS ARE PAYED AND FOOD IN THE HOUSE NO ONE WOULD HERE A HARSH WORD OUT OF ME EVER AGAIN.

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Dec 02, 2008 13:14

to be in love.
    the only happiness
  • View author's info posted on Apr 03, 2006 05:27

Sprite, hugs, kisses, remembering the good times, funny stuff and good food
  • View author's info posted on Apr 02, 2006 20:31

What keeps me happy are the small things in life, the smile on a child's face, having my cat jump in my lap for loving,seeing a beautiful sunset or sunrise, waking up each morning, and remembering the times I had with my lost love before he died a year ago.
    Money, friends and materialistic things come and go. I lived with him in an 8,000 sq ft home and then in a small 3 bedroom apartment, and was just as happy in both places.
  • View author's info Photo Verified Certified Millionaire in 2010 posted on Mar 15, 2006 22:44

sharp1 write:
    Speaking of bad service, I can see that Benefactor has posted (Mar. 14), he is a preferred member, yet his post is not showing.
    You'll read this tomorrow, cause I am a ghost!

I think we established with abundant clarity that the technology of this site sucks (and some other aspects of it too).

But what's with the "Preferred" label - I never asked for it or placed a check mark or anything? And I see it says those are the members who are "more serious" and I have never held out myself to be anything of the sort?
  • View author's info posted on Mar 15, 2006 14:44

My FAITH in GOD, A heart of GOLD, A Wallet of PLATNIUM, (an American Express Black Card wouldn't hurt) and a man that's willing to SHARE it with me. Of course he HAS to know how to please his woman.....:) And that's being real.
  • View author's info posted on Mar 14, 2006 23:17

cookie2013 write:
    someone with endless resources, what keeps them happy

I think a REALLY interesting question would be, "Someone with minimum resources ... what keeps you happy?"

Then when the answers roll in, perhaps people of means can see how simple and priceless, or rather - "not purchased with money" happiness can be obtained for.
  • View author's info posted on Mar 14, 2006 23:10

Sharp writes:
    I don't know your situation, but as it takes two to tango, it takes 2 to make a marriage work, and it takes 2 to kill and marriage also. No blame lies on one person's shoulders alone.

Sharp babe,
    (and Ben)
    In my personal experience, I became ill when my daughter was around 3. One day, I came home from work in the late afternoon and found our house empty, the car gone, my baby taken and our bank accounts gutted. I never saw it coming.

There was no 50/50 responsibility for the marriage breakup here. HE made the decision we were getting divorced and he had divorce and sole custody papers delivered to me. There was nothing I could do to change his mind.

Sometimes, trying to come up with any and every solution to marital problems is a dead end lost cause. It's only prolonging the torture, thrashing a dead horse into hamburger.

But Ben, my daughter was nearly 4 when it happened and after I kidnapped her back (long story) after telling her I was whisking her away for ice cream, I kept every aspect of her life as wonder- filled and untraumatic as I could.

Even tho my ex tried to undermine me at every turn as my daughter grew up, I still stuck to my plan to make the split-up the least upheaving that I could. Sometimes my daughter would sob, heartbroken in the window, as he drove away, after he dropped her off from her week with him. He was feeding her a lot of poison about me and MAKING her miss him terribly.

But I still had emergency plans up my sleeve to ease the horrible pain he was putting her through. I'd have popsicles in the fridge or a new craft for us both to do together to make her think of something else. Sometimes I would take her up to her room and show her a wonderful tent I made over her bed or a new poster I'd painted for her wall.

I was always careful not to spoil her by buying things for her, (I couldn't afford it after the divorce ANYWAY) and was quick to take advantage of the short memories little kids have.

It was hard. On ME. As you both say, it kills you to see your child hurting, but it isn't always a 50/50 faus pas. Sometimes one or another parent can only see their child as their "property" and also an ideal tool for making the spouse suffer. That kind of selfish person cannot be reasoned with. All you can do is be ready to counter-attack with love for your child and distraction if your child is being used.

All you can do, as a parent, is create a "best case scenario" plan for how you will make the children's lives as trauma-free as possible, knowing you will have to bear the full brunt of negativity from all sides, on your own shoulders, in silence, for the sake of the children.

Luckily, there are so many ways to ease the strain of divorce on the little ones, with a little creativity, strength, tenacity and, of course - love.

If anyone wants to discuss this, I'm only an email away. I'd love to help. That goes for you too, Ben.
  • View author's info Photo Verified Certified Millionaire in 2010 posted on Mar 14, 2006 09:27

sharp1 write:
    You're right about the quote feature. I often delete the portion of the quote I do not want.

I have written MM several times, including this past week when I suggested to them they might want to consider taking some University Business courses to learn how to run a business efficiently, and more profitably. They wrote back they's consider my suggestion! LMAO!
    Hey, they're Canadians out of Toronto, maybe they'll take you up on your offer...what would you bid? lol

No idea what I would bid before seeing the numbers. If they are making money, it can't be all that much so I don't think it would cost a lot. Establishing a value is not too difficult once one knows the cash flow that a business (any business) generates.

And barriers to entry are so low in this business that if they asked for too much I would simply start another site, call it "BetterMillionaireMatch.com" and post a few messages here about cheaper and better site that is an alternative.
  • View author's info posted on Mar 13, 2006 18:59

I totally agree that this website needs improvement. I mistakenly registered and find the communicating with others on this site is short of impossible.

Well Benefactor. I am not looking for a benefactor but could use a friend. I do live quite a ways away from you. I live in Tampa, Florida, am thirty-three and work locally for an immigration law firm so I do meet lots of Canadians in the process.

If you are interested and this site works contact me.

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info Photo Verified Certified Millionaire in 2010 posted on Mar 13, 2006 11:36

I just don't like the "Quote" feature on this site which quotes the whole post. Usually we want to respond only to a small part of some post and with "Quote" posts end up being confusing and long. Just look at the Weelassy VS Blonide and Devo thread.

So I prefer to cut and paste the relevant parts.

As we all know, MM's technology platforms sucks and as I said on IM to somebody, maybe one should just put them out of their misery and buy them. MM admins, if you read this, please get in touch if you are interested in getting a bid.

My personal situation is I am sure not of sufficient interest to folks who read this to go into as long of an explanation as your comments would require. So I'll spare everyone such a long post (I have discussed it offline with a number of you).

Oh, yeah, feel free to ask the questions at your dinner party ....
  • View author's info Photo Verified Certified Millionaire in 2010 posted on Mar 11, 2006 21:49

katiegrl write:
    Thinking of you, Ben ... ANYONE who found life a total drudge and didn't even glean any pleasure from making a big, fivolous purchase like a car would probably get the hugest kick in the world ... simply from buying a carload of toys, cots and learning tools for a local independent daycare and insisting on seeing the little kids enjoying the donation. What a nuclear blast of satisfaction one could derive from THAT sort of move!

Or going to a seniors' centre and buying a whole ton of new chairs, new kitchen and bar equipment, a great sound system and a new piano and let them make a ton of reserve money holding bingoes and Big Band Dances every Saturday night! And going to see them enjoying THAT would give anyone a huge thrill! It may sound boring on a PC monitor, but just trying it ONCE would change the hardest, most disillusioned heart.

But if you wanted a suggestion of something else to turn your crank, (and I don't mean this exclusively to YOU, from ME) my last post was meant to appeal to any good-looking, humorous, caring but lonely man, who was not married, but who wanted to see great joy bestowed upon some crazy chick who always has a dozen creative projects on the go and is funny and loving and a little ditzy and artsy .... and who needs an arts grant every now and then ... to keep her in paint and ink.
    I'm not begging or even asking. Just suggesting, arists have been working under the care of kings and queens for millennia.

The only thing that disturbs my happiness is having to work on a regular basis on ANY contract I can muster up instead of being purely creative 100% of my life. That's not to say I'm greedy, lazy or a gold-digger ... that's just reminding that I'm a creative, artistic genius .... and blonde.

LOL

Katie, thanks for the above. I have done many many things like that and as I said to Wee regarding her thread about what good things we have done, I simply do not want to talk about it publicly because then in my mind it ceases to be as pure a motive as it is when it is done anonymously. If I talked about it here it would seem I am just trying to get on people's good side by showing what a good guy I am or, God forbid, try to get into their pants on account of how compassionate an individual I am.

But the fact of the matter is that for me personally, there is a certain degree of "hedonistic adaptation" to giving as well. The first time you donate or do something totally amazing that you never thought you'd be able to do, it feels great. After a while, that too becomes just another thing to manage, allocate and prioritize. It is still good but it is not a substitute for other things.

As for the "hungry artist" fund - being originally from Europe the concept of "mecenato" is something I am familiar with and believe in. And I have done things like that too.
  • View author's info Photo Verified Certified Millionaire in 2010 posted on Mar 11, 2006 21:32

SHARP WROTE:

Have you ever asked yourself, "What is it about my life that makes me unhappy?" Then tried to answer the question with the next question, "What will it take to make me happy?"
    Until you can answer those questions...you're messed!
    END QUOTE

It may surprise you, although it perhaps shouldn't that I have indeed thought about those questions. In fact, I have tried to help myself zero in on the issues by asking myself the question: "What were the 3 happiest moments of my life and what were the 3 most miserable moments of my life?" I have since asked people at dinner parties to consider those questions and some interesting conversations ensued.

The answers to those questions for me personally were a surprise. They were not kinds of moments Halmark would make cards about or one would write in high-school yearbooks. They helped me understand what is truly the most important to me because those things that are most important to us can both hurt us the most and make us the most contented.

The real problem with complex situations is that somebody somehow will always get hurt and whose hurt comes last? I have always taken the view that I have to be the one who sacrifices the most. If hurt had a scale of 1 to 100, a 5 of hurt for my children is to me "worth" 100 of my own. I would never make that "trade".

One could conclude from all of that then that it's my own fault and that I should not be complaining and I am not. I am just stating my position and thinking out loud.

And thanks for pointing out that I am "messed" ... I know that ...
  • View author's info posted on Mar 11, 2006 02:25

Thinking of you, Ben ... ANYONE who found life a total drudge and didn't even glean any pleasure from making a big, fivolous purchase like a car would probably get the hugest kick in the world ... simply from buying a carload of toys, cots and learning tools for a local independent daycare and insisting on seeing the little kids enjoying the donation. What a nuclear blast of satisfaction one could derive from THAT sort of move!

Or going to a seniors' centre and buying a whole ton of new chairs, new kitchen and bar equipment, a great sound system and a new piano and let them make a ton of reserve money holding bingoes and Big Band Dances every Saturday night! And going to see them enjoying THAT would give anyone a huge thrill! It may sound boring on a PC monitor, but just trying it ONCE would change the hardest, most disillusioned heart.

But if you wanted a suggestion of something else to turn your crank, (and I don't mean this exclusively to YOU, from ME) my last post was meant to appeal to any good-looking, humorous, caring but lonely man, who was not married, but who wanted to see great joy bestowed upon some crazy chick who always has a dozen creative projects on the go and is funny and loving and a little ditzy and artsy .... and who needs an arts grant every now and then ... to keep her in paint and ink.
    I'm not begging or even asking. Just suggesting, arists have been working under the care of kings and queens for millennia.

The only thing that disturbs my happiness is having to work on a regular basis on ANY contract I can muster up instead of being purely creative 100% of my life. That's not to say I'm greedy, lazy or a gold-digger ... that's just reminding that I'm a creative, artistic genius .... and blonde.

LOL
  • View author's info posted on Mar 11, 2006 02:03

As an artist and a writer, I have to be honest. I am blissfully happy when I have enough money from one week to the next to pay for what I need. That's it.

And what I need is so abysmally miniscule that any man, not JUST a millionaire, could SO afford me! LOL

I don't know anything about Prada, Swarovski, Gucci, D&G, Daks, Chanel, Fendi, La Perla, Lambourgini, Porsche, Palm Springs, Versace, yada, yada, yada. I know ABOUT them, but I know more about Winsor& Newton, Grumbacher, and anything else to do with acrylic paints, canvas, brushes, laptops, ink cartridges, writing paper and big cardboard boxes to keep everything in. LOL

I'm sorry if I shock anyone who thought I was a fancy-as*s author and fine artist but I wear Walmart jeans (because I get junk all over them sooner or later anyway) I wear Payless shoes (because I like buying what I see but I still need money for paints)! I go to the malls and I know every art store, computer shop, office supply warehouse and craft market there. When I say, "I'm a cheap date," I'm speaking in the uber-extreme!!! Q'uelle suprise!! LOL

My jewellery? I wear silver rings and I design and craft my own earrings. I write in Zellers notebooks while I'm sipping a java at Tim Hortons or Starbucks. I go to the cheap movie theatres, I take the subway, the streetcar and the bus because cabs are too expensive and fast. Can't see ANYTHING in them!

I live in a bachelor studio/apartment underground. I eat oatmeal, salads and chcken thighs with the skin ON. lol

I have basic cable because all I watch is CSI, Ghostwhisperer, Amazing Race, Lost, American Idol..... oh to hell with it! The list is too long because I derive optimum pleasure from working on my PC while painting something while thinking about the next chapter of my fifth book ..... while I'm enthralled by an episode of Law and Order SVU!

I LOVE my big city. I wouldn't be an artist OR have anything to write about if I drove everywhere or was chauffeured.

I am more blissfully happy than I could EVER be when I know the rent's been paid and I have enough money in my back jeans pocket to buy whatever I want. And that's usually MORE paint, new 2B pencils or a new pair of Payless shoes I've fallen in love with.

I'm very un-precocious ... and very blissfully happy.
  • View author's info Photo Verified Certified Millionaire in 2010 posted on Mar 10, 2006 15:24

OK, so I said to myself that I wasn't going to post on the "mushy" threads. Well, maybe just one.

Not much of anything makes me happy these days and that is probably why I put up a profile on MM. Happy as in the "simple days" when buying a new car could make me happy (for a while at least). I know people (my brother being one of them) who can be genuinely happy for at least a moment from the purchase of a new impossible threadcount suit or a new sports car and I envy them terribly.

If it were only so simple.

Can't believe I just did that, agreed with a mushy thread ..
Follow - Email me when people comment