#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Newbies > Why do the majority of women want older men? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why do the majority of women want older men?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 21, 2010 12:56

This isn't any good for us young guys, most of the profiles i look on only want older men than themselves usually about 30+ and the older woman dont want young men whats the crack here?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 04, 2014 11:40

I'm 26 but feel like mentally I'm at least 40. 

I couldn't talk to someone my age :/

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 14, 2014 15:20

Maybe because they're looking for someone with life experience, maturity. Males in their 20s are still boys (although you probably think you aren't - but trust me you are) and a lot of women want a real man and not a Justin Beiber.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2014 21:37

I love me a younger man!!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 07, 2013 04:52

I start at about the mid 30’s when I look for men, but I am not opposed to dating people my own age. It has to do with life experience. I have a lot more to talk about with an older man, and they are less cocky. And if they are cocky, they may have good reason, as opposed to the frat boy like arrogance a man in his 20’s may have.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 10, 2012 12:59

I like young guys:)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 19, 2012 19:09

Quoting chris__23:

This isn't any good for us young guys, most of the profiles i look on only want older men than themselves usually about 30+ and the older woman dont want young men whats the crack here?

Chris,

I prefer men near my age although I can't seem to attract them. The men who are most interested in me are the ones with the largest age differences: men in their 20's and men in their 60's. If I had to choose between someone in their 20's or their 60's, I would go with 20's. :)

Question for you: are you interested in older women, and if so, why? What age range are you interested in?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 09, 2011 17:54

It goes both ways.  I see a lot of men here who are my age who want a much younger woman.  I wouldn't mind a younger man (or a man my age or an older man!), but age really doesn't matter--it's what's inside a person's heart that counts.  And I think you just miss out on so much when you limit yourself to only people of a certain age.  If you're a guy who looks and looks at the 10-20-year younger women (and consistently strikes out), you might be missing out on the older woman who could really rock your world.  And if you're a woman who only looks at the older guys, the guy your age might be Mr. Right!  We all have to open our hearts and minds to whoever is right for us.   Take a second look.  And a third.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2011 09:42

Hmmm... Then I'm a deviation from the norm.  I prefer younger guys. 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 18, 2011 14:31

Age really doesnt matter to me anyway.. Age doesnt make the man

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 05, 2011 21:12

I prefer older man because of experience. Younger man does not have enough experience like older man when it comes to handling relationships.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 22, 2011 06:02

i think older men are more stable their generally a safer option and let women feel more in control. Younger men are fickle and every women wants to be the centre of attention we cant do that when we constantly have to worry about the guy were with.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Oct 26, 2010 17:02

For myself, age is irrelevant. Maturity level/life experience is key. I have dated well over a decade older AND younger than myself, and the only thing that made me walk away from the younger men is the fact that at 12 or so years younger, many of them have yet to start a family. Mine is already raised. There are advantages to ANY age man ... as long as you are comfortable with the lifestyle differences (and not feeling like you look like someone's mother/daughter instead of their MATE!)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 20, 2010 10:19

The short answer is evolutionary psychology. Both genders have been showing a preference for older male younger female for 1000's of years, EVEN when the female has money and power. Women hit every stage earlier than men - beginning of puberty, end of puberty, full physical size, physical peak (for example Olympic and pro athletes), and decline(for instance high age group finish times). Notice that freshman girls are interested in senior guys but very few senior girls go after freshman.

But of course this is on average, just like men are taller on average but not in every case. Its just that the average difference is big enough that its noticeable.

Rule of thumb is that there's about a 20-25% diff at any age. The trouble is that 20% when you're in your teens is very small but when you hit 50 its a full decade...but the rule seems to be consistent.

Oh and in case you think its a dissadvantage for females its NOT. Its an advantage! Hitting stages of development earlier gives one a LOT of choices that males dont have til later in life.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 07, 2010 22:37

I do not think that is necessarily true...I usually prefer younger men because I look younger than I am but we sometimes feel uncomfortable if a guy is too young because we think he might have a problem with the age difference or we may have a son at this point in our life around his age...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 23, 2010 05:18

Most think an older man will take better care of them.