Here is the best advice for those who just can't seem to get past a date or two:
1. Don't reveal too much about yourself too early. There will be plenty of time for that if you get another date.
2. Ask questions, but not too many.
Have a genuine desire to learn more about the person without being noisy.
3. Do not expect more than a hug, even if you are aching to do more. If it goes farther, neither will develop the trust necessary to develop a solid foundation for something lasting. Keep your cool, and see what develops.
4. Guys: say that you would like to see them again, if you want to. Do not leave things dangling. If you do not want to continue, give them a gentle, and kind idea that it is over. This gives closure, and does not leave anyone wondering. Honesty is good, even if it is a little brutal.
5. Be yourself. If you are not, you certainly set yourself up for disaster, when your true identity comes out. The other person will either like you, or they will not. It is just a gamble, so do so.
6. Ask me questions. Tell me what you think. Give me your thoughts.