#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Family > Single mama! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Single mama!
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 18, 2012 18:09

Hi, I'm a single mom.  I am having a problem with dating because of it!  Just an hour ago I was having a chat with a guy who seemed really nice until he said "oh, you already have a kid... sorry I'm not interested."  What a douche.  Oh well, not all men are like that but I need to know where to look to find men who are not!!
I am young (22 years old) and my son is 5!  We are so happy, except I'm kinda lonely.  I barely look like I've had a child, and I am a lot of fun.  I live a healthy lifestyle, and I'm mature.  Men seem to be looking for that, but they rule me out because I have a small family member... Their loss!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 10, 2013 11:51

I can see the disappointment of hearing an early 20ish have a kid. That doesn't necessarily register in the mind of a man in his early 20s nor in the mind of an older man who's trying to live out his fantasy of dating a much younger woman. Your age is viewed as youthful, carefree, full of energy, having that spark before life changes your views, innocent, freedom to travel at any moment, late night booty calls, etc. A child sort of ruins the fantasy that some guys have about dating a young woman.
It's always best to make that one of the first things that you disclose after making communication. If he can't accept that you have a kid, then it's nothing lost. Your kid comes first. Men may come and go, but your child will always be your child. Don't let douches get you down or distract your ultimate goal which is to find a man who will appreciate you as a woman and mother.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 14, 2012 23:59

Quoting Orlando__:

There are guys who don't have issues with children.  In fact, I look for women who have had kids because it shows they are other centered.  If somebody rejects you because of your child... screw them.  They are not deserving of you and your child deserve better as well.

Agreed, I love my son so much that I'm a proud mother. If men those men aren't into it, they aren't the right ones.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 31, 2012 02:50

I am new on here so just came across this post.
Yes I agree if you are a mom that is who you are and should be celebrated our children are gifts.   Some of my best relationships friends started from the friends in my children's life so I am thankful for that.  Any relationship worth having should be accepting of who you are and what you already have and remembering deserving and not settling for.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 20, 2012 16:55

Few months ago I ended up a relationship with a "wrong '' guy. It was my first boyfriend after I got divorced  and I was saying to myself that my child is first on my list. So this guy was mad about my son and the more I saw that he accept and love him...the more I saw him as a potential father...and here I start to make mistake after mistake.Lots of flows,differences in character,education etc., but everytime my son came first...so I said why not to continue, maybe he will change, I'll make another compromise just this time. I lost 2 months with this guy then we split...waste of time..only my son was trully happy:-)
But for the future I've learned that I should be looking for a lover for me instead of a father for my kid.And that is true, that if someone loves you then he has to accept and love your child because it's from your blood..so it's a part of you. Sometimes I laugh a when I saw on this site some men pretension like: "'No luggage please" :) and that is very clear..but thanks God they are few:-)
Actually a kid is like a guest that is comming to visit you  ..but never leaves:)))

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 19, 2012 21:39

There are guys who don't have issues with children.  In fact, I look for women who have had kids because it shows they are other centered.  If somebody rejects you because of your child... screw them.  They are not deserving of you and your child deserve better as well.