The List... Romance

• View author's info Author posted on Feb 16, 2005 10:49

Has anyone ever sat down and made a list of exact qualities that you would like to find in the next person that you date? (Example: he must be respectful, have brown hair, be people-oriented, etc...)
  • 2Comments

• View author's info posted on Feb 23, 2005 22:43

I once had a list of about 30 characteristics I'd look for in a man...prioritized of course. I met someone who I swear met every criteria on my list! I thought he was a Godsend. I fell head over heels in love. He was the worst thing to come into my life...extremely charasmatic, good looking, but very narcissistic, manipulative and mentally abusive. My list blinded me. I no longer have a list. I was married for 19 yrs to a man who had many qualities I admire. The man I fell for lacked these qualities...and I forgot to look for these qualities because of his incredible charisma. But I'll never make that mistake again. Then I met a man who has all the qualities my ex had that I admired, plus all the qualities I wished my ex could of had (on the side of showing emotion/affection). We're friends now, and I know completely what I want in a partner. So if you have lists ladies...be flexible, and make sure you truly know what are the important qualities in a person. And it is not his pocket book! Money buys material items which might bring comfort, but not happiness.
  • View author's info posted on Feb 22, 2005 22:34

List? Ha! Darlings, I have made so very many lists that if I went to file them it would jam my harddrive!! It's a womans perogative to have many many lists. Many different lists. Being a 24 year old Chicagoian, I revel in my lists.
Follow - Email me when people comment