#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > men and their age.... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
men and their age....
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 08, 2005 20:07

a pet peeve of mine....why do men keep getting younger and women older. I see a few men online who strated out the same age as me...and are NOW five years younger! HOW does that happen??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 26, 2005 23:00

Neat story about the 80-year-old man! Yesterday, I read an article which says that memory loss from aging can be reversed and prevented _in some great degree_ by "eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables" and secondly, by a balanced diet with _very little_ animal products, even butter or milk. Long ago I lived that way for a while and felt it improved my memory even then. Might try it again.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 22, 2005 03:02

We have long term memory loss earlier than women..Walking down the street a few days ago I saw a older man(in his 80's)crying his heart out, I asked him if I could help, he said he got married to a younger woman, a fashion model who made over $10,000 a day, she took him with her on every trip and every where she paid for the best, food,wine,rooms,bought him all new cloth and everything he ever wanted and was the best lover he ever had. I said that sounds perfect, why are you crying he said.... "I can't remember where we live!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 19, 2005 08:32

I personally think it is dumb to lie about age. Myself, I would rather have a woman say that I look great at my age rather then be thinking "wow, he looks old for his age".

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 20:14

I always find it funny when people claim to feel so much younger than their chronological age... I've always felt much older than mine, though I will always have a boyish streak.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 05, 2005 03:39

I have the opposite problem, couldn't keep the women away so I had cosmetic surgery to look older so they would not contact me, I'm really 35,mentally.. I also know some people who have a bridge and swamp land for sale.................
I don't know the real answer but I have two thoughts that might fit.......... Men want to make believe they still have it or can get someone young to make them feel young;...or (what I experienced)older women are out of touch with the real world, today they want to make up for lost time, they want to party and get what they did not get earlier in life.. I recently broke up with a woman I met about a year after her husband died. At first it was great but the more we went out the more she realized she did not party while younger(she married at 17) now all she wants to do is bars/clubs and party... She was treated bad while married and tried to get me to treat her bad, I would not , she started going to bars with out me. I would not chance her giving me a disease...So all you good looking ladies; there are lots of men who will appreciate you more than I would.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 03, 2005 05:07

Ahhhhhhhhhhh am new here but can see the humor and also intellect within this room. After reading the comments I tend to agree with Lightening, and the fact that we are who we perceive ourselves to be, age wise. People do not realize that thoughts are things, or develops our conceptual reality or our environmental self contained world. One must think young to be motivated, but mature enough to make the important decisions. Anyhow, this artist guy has projected his thoughts. Today is a brand new day. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not here yet, let us DO what we can today. Just to say hello to all of you on the site. I hope that today is the best day of your life. Rob

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 02, 2005 20:21

1234562006 write:
Hi Blonde

I am sorry if I came across as "stupid and rude", but I still maintain that I never enquired about whom you were close to: the term "lovey dovey" is not my style and I am not responsible for what Sweendorg was up to. I am open as a book: when someone on the forums sends me a wink, he/she has to stand by it and when I thank him/her via the forums for it, my honesty should be appreciated. But, as you say: he stopped harassing you, so all is good. I never meant to cause ill feelings. I just need to have some contact with people, so I am trying to participate in the forums. I am a very lonely woman who is making the most of internet communication and have no ill feelings toward anyone who is compellled to utilise this way to establish some means of human contact. When you refer to my profile (updated) you will glean that I am not looking for romance anymore; just trying to survive on this planet. Of course I wish you well in your search for love and believe me: I'll never do anything intentionally to stand in your or anybody else's way when they are on a quest for love. (I realise that Sween was never a serious contender in your book, though.)
I still believe in romance, as long as it is for others.
Long live romance!!! Believe me, BlondeIndian: I do wish you well!

fair enough, im going to meet a great guy, one in mind right now, i want a mate that is why i am a member...so, lets all be nice, keep political views out of it and i will be nicer, i promise....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 02, 2005 05:59

1234562006 write:
blondeindian write:
1234562006 write:
Robtest: NO NO NO!

"Lesser brains"?! I think it is due to a severe shortage of brain cells that people are stupid enough to lie about hard facts, e. g. height and age, or am I the stupid one here, somehow missing the point?

I think you miss a few points too 123452006, you knock me and on another po(st about sween, (when you started the mess), i told you, you could have him after you commented he winked at you on a post, so, he started emailing me nasty comments about it, so threw him to the way side like so many on here, how dare you ask me about who i am lovey dovey with sister on that other post i can't find to comment back to you, so next time you make comments to hurt people, think twice, I think you are stupid and rude,chics like me.WILL LET YOU HAVE IT baby..so my POINT is, you get alot wrong...

Sorry, Blondeindian, but get your facts straight before you unfairly attack me (again!). I was certainly not the one asking you whom you were lovey dovey with!
And thanks, Sharp, for trying to change the subject, but I feel it is my right to defend myself against totally irrational attacks from people who suffer from an acute lack of humour. I wish you well with this voyage you are arranging and think it is just great that you are making the effort.

facts are straight, it started when you made a comment to him, im not attacking you, when you made a comment, he started in on me in a email assault, enough said. just thought you would like to know, not being mean, just honest, but atleast it has stopped, thank god...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 02, 2005 03:21

1234562006 write:

"Lesser brains"?! I think it is due to a severe shortage of brain cells that people are stupid enough to lie about hard facts, e. g. height and age, or am I the stupid one here, somehow missing the point?

Actually, perhaps my point was lost. If we had lesser brains, then the hard facts would not bother people so much to the point that they feel compelled to lie. Of course, on the other hand if everyone had greater brains, then they might realize that it is truly what's on the inside that counts and would not be quite so insecure in themselves to feel compelled to lie either. I guess it is a paradox and we are lost in the middle with a bunch of liers.

scorpio_ice write:
Hey...I've got lesser brain and I'm just fine so yeah...maybe that IS the answer lol

Having read your profile, I would have to say that was either some intense sarcasm or the humbleness of a sage.

:o)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 16:54

I met some one on the internet that lives 30 miles from me,we talked on the phone and she sent me internet pictures, her profile said she was 5 feet 6 inches, I'm 6'1" we both like to fish and there is a lake half way between us.

We agreed to meet at the lake. When she arrived I was in shock, the 5'6" was WIDE not tall.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 22, 2005 05:38

dammmmm its true,girls do fight over guys. sween you lucky dog

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 20, 2005 07:18

sharp1 write:
May I intervene here? Change of subject? :-)

This is a chance for people to meet others, in a fun, friendly atmosphere. No pressures. If you find you don't like the people, well, there are 3000 other passengers to meet. You can go off and meet other people and do other activities. I look at this as an opportunity to go have fun as a group.

To book the Princess Cruise you will need the following information:

Group #: TSQ
Ship: Golden Princess
Itinerary #: 5609
Date: February 25, 2006

Prices: Including $46.00 taxes
Inside Cabin: $795.00 USD; $993.75 Cdn
Outside Cabin:$1025.00USD; $1281.25 Cdn
Balcony: $1145.00; $1431.25 Cdn

US & Canadian citizens: Require certified birth certificate and one government issued photo ID such as driver's licence; or passport (preferred now)

UK & Europeans: Require Passport and Visas for each country. Contact consulate of each country or contact ... Zierer Visa Service: 866-788-1100 (Princess uses them)

Destinations: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, isla Margarita, Aruba, Sea, San Juan

Sharp, is it leaving from miami?sound like so much fun, does it matter where you sleep? i don't see myself in the room to much, but i don't want to be treated like steerage on the tittanic, lolt

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2005 08:31

May I intervene here? Change of subject? :-)

This is a chance for people to meet others, in a fun, friendly atmosphere. No pressures. If you find you don't like the people, well, there are 3000 other passengers to meet. You can go off and meet other people and do other activities. I look at this as an opportunity to go have fun as a group.

To book the Princess Cruise you will need the following information:

Group #: TSQ
Ship: Golden Princess
Itinerary #: 5609
Date: February 25, 2006

Prices: Including $46.00 taxes
Inside Cabin: $795.00 USD; $993.75 Cdn
Outside Cabin:$1025.00USD; $1281.25 Cdn
Balcony: $1145.00; $1431.25 Cdn

US & Canadian citizens: Require certified birth certificate and one government issued photo ID such as driver's licence; or passport (preferred now)

UK & Europeans: Require Passport and Visas for each country. Contact consulate of each country or contact ... Zierer Visa Service: 866-788-1100 (Princess uses them)

Destinations: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, isla Margarita, Aruba, Sea, San Juan

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 19, 2005 05:10

1234562006 write:

I think you miss a few points too 123452006, you knock me and on another po(st about sween, (when you started the mess), i told you, you could have him after you commented he winked at you on a post, so, he started emailing me nasty comments about it, so threw him to the way side like so many on here, how dare you ask me about who i am lovey dovey with sister on that other post i can't find to comment back to you, so next time you make comments to hurt people, think twice, I think you are stupid and rude,chics like me.WILL LET YOU HAVE IT baby..so my POINT is, you get alot wrong...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 13, 2005 18:08

You should take care of your life "dear" not of the men's life....im thinkin' that you are very frustrated if you come on this forum to post on it...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 13:35

robtest write:

GeminiDi write:

scorpio_ice,

I agree with you. If I wanted lies and deception, I would have stayed in my last relationship! lol

Gem

If they start with a lie, where do they think it will end up? But I think the problem lies in basic human insecurity.

For men, there is a 6' barrier. Men who are 6 foot or better, as simply looked at as better by society. I once read in a dating article that men 6' tall get more responses. So for a test, I changed my 5'11" to 6'... The results sadden me. :o( 1" difference, but my feeling is that if that 1.388% shortfall is what doesn't define me as your life partner, then I hope you find what you are looking for elsewhere! Now don't get me wrong, I believe it is everyone's right to pick and choose their need to have and have to have requirements for a relationship and a partner, but I hope you get my point none the less...

Met women who couldn't make thier height listing in the 3" heels that they had on. So seems no gender bias.

But people have difficulty being themselves sometimes, not just in their height and their weight and their age, but in their interpersonal communications.

We are an odd species... Sometimes I wonder if we wouldn't have been better with lesser brains...

Hey...I've got lesser brain and I'm just fine so yeah...maybe that IS the answer lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 11:36

GeminiDi write:

scorpio_ice,

I agree with you. If I wanted lies and deception, I would have stayed in my last relationship! lol

Gem

If they start with a lie, where do they think it will end up? But I think the problem lies in basic human insecurity.

For men, there is a 6' barrier. Men who are 6 foot or better, as simply looked at as better by society. I once read in a dating article that men 6' tall get more responses. So for a test, I changed my 5'11" to 6'... The results sadden me. :o( 1" difference, but my feeling is that if that 1.388% shortfall is what doesn't define me as your life partner, then I hope you find what you are looking for elsewhere! Now don't get me wrong, I believe it is everyone's right to pick and choose their need to have and have to have requirements for a relationship and a partner, but I hope you get my point none the less...

Met women who couldn't make thier height listing in the 3" heels that they had on. So seems no gender bias.

But people have difficulty being themselves sometimes, not just in their height and their weight and their age, but in their interpersonal communications.

We are an odd species... Sometimes I wonder if we wouldn't have been better with lesser brains...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 06:10

susan_nn8 write:
robtest, thank you. Honesty is right here in the heart. Telling a number of age, just like we choose the best photo show here. Sometimes, we even choose 10 years ago photo to show year. What is the different??

If I am attracted by a man, I will really not care if he tells his real age or not. Honest!!!

Susan..maybe I have misunderstood your posting but....
If I am attracted by a man...and age wasn't quoted fair enough but if they put an age other than their own..or a picture that was ten years old and didn't say it was from ten years ago then...dishonest!! A relationship starting with lies goes nowhere in my book!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 11, 2005 09:02

Well, aside from the honesty issue, some folks use a person age as an indicator of compatibility.

For example I am 42, and as a graduate student I have many opportunities to converse with females who range in age from 18 to 35 (that is the predominant range in the soc101 class that do recitation for).

I see many areas that I can have conversation with all of the girls/ladies. But all of these areas are current event type topics. The moment we begin speaking about ideas from the recent past(approx 20 to 40 years ago: examples, the moon landing, watergate, vietnam, cooking in or on a regular stove cause we didnt have a microwave[I love my microwave by the way],the times when work was optional for most women, and many more ) they seem to become lost and unable to contribute to the conversation.

After noticing this reaction I began asking them to explain why this happened. Some had no idea, only that they felt uncomfortable talking about stuff they had no knowledge of. Others told me, "You lived through those things you are discussing. The way you talk about it shows that you own those ideas and concepts, but I can only guess, or imagine what they are like or are all about, it isnt part of the culture I was raised with."

Only one girl (age 21) was comfortable discussing things of that nature with me. But it was primarily a learning session for her, she questioned and I answered. It wasnt really a sharing of ideas or discussion based on understanding of the idea.

I know that people can learn new cultures and become adapted to a different way of life. I am native american and my whole tribe assimilated the parts of the europearn lifestyle brought to american by the multitudes.

But I believe most people look for common ground in the people they choose as life partners. So it stands to reason that people might use age as an indicator of how compatibile someone is, or how much common ground they might have together.

As in all things there are exceptions to the rule, I know beyond a doubt that somewhere there is an 18 year old who could have a healthy and enjoyably loving relationship with someone who is 60 years old. I would even applaud them for being brave enough to consider it. But I dont think that is the rule.

Hence people use minor indicators to narrow the selection field enhancing their prospects of finding that one mate which provides the answer to their longings.

Wow, that was way longer than I thought it would be. Sorry.