#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Long Term Relationships & Long Distance Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Long Term Relationships & Long Distance
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 21, 2005 20:09

Minerva415 write:
what instrument would you prefer she play CP? now, now everyone... stop tut-tutting....just a little wee innocent question.

Hey, I'm an instrument...her fingers could dance on my keys ;-) Seriously though it wouldn't matter to me what instrument she played. I just love women who express themselves creatively whether that be through music, art or some other talent. If I had to pick though, I would say the violin or cello, both beautiful sounding instruments and if she could sing I would be putty in her hands!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 21, 2005 20:09

Hey Bonnie - don't entice him too much with Bulgaria - we're trying to get him to come to LUX first!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 21, 2005 18:21

Champayne,
The food in Bulgaria is excellent esp food for monks ..never knew they ate that well...must be adventurous though..try tripe soup,nettle burger, caviar, baked garlic, and Banitza (a light pastry filled with cheese or other filings)
So there u have paradise...wine , women, song and food...looks like a one way ticket for you..

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 21, 2005 13:25

...well .... if u ever come to Lux after having spent sometime with Minerva and I... u'll not want to come back...LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 21, 2005 12:44

Hey Bonnie:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about checking out Bulgaria. I have heard that the mountains are beautiful there and provide some great backpacking. Now if I can combine that with beautiful, multi-ethnic, musically inclined women...wow, that could make it tough to come back!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 21, 2005 10:33

what instrument would you prefer she play CP? now, now everyone... stop tut-tutting....just a little wee innocent question.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 20, 2005 17:08

Minerva415 write:
But hardly anybody wants to come to little ol' Luxembourg - lol!! So tiny and insignificant...!

I've been to Luxembourg - admittedly only passing through en route to the Alps. I think I only spent about 30 minutes in the country...

On a more serious note, I agree that long distance relationships only work if both parties agree to an "end game", otherwise it is a very frustrating (and expensive) experience.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 20, 2005 10:50

Yep, you said it CP! Thanks for the invite - I just might take you up on that! And of course same goes for you too! But hardly anybody wants to come to little ol' Luxembourg - lol!! So tiny and insignificant...!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 20, 2005 05:49

Hey Champagne,
10 days away, I see you are keeping all the ladies well occupied..go to Bulgaria Champagne..Pleven in the north is well known for the most beautiful girls..the years of mix between Turkish, Rumania genes have produced some stunning modification of the best models.. apparently when Marco Polo and Genghis Khan came on this route they discovered the most beautiful call-girls from this region and several were sold or bought as gifts for tribe leaders and emperors and Arab chiefs in the south..
the 30 girl orchestra which we formed to take to China and I was there for the Sofia Music Fest to promote and have them perform with my 2 soloist friends , pianist and violinist (Bulgarian's prodigy and youngest lead violinist in London Royal Opera HOuse) ..boast of some of the most talented and prettiest from the two famous music academies..if u love music and beautiful women who play equally beautiful tunes..go there!! but do learn some Bulgarian tho they all speak some English..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 19, 2005 19:15

Yeah, I think the whole experience is exciting. Hey if you don't like it you can always move back right. I just don't want to be the one sitting on my death bed thinking about all the stuff I COULD have done. I'd rather be reminiscing about all I actually did. Sometimes you have to take a chance and great things happen! If you're ever in the states Minerva, drop me a line. I'd love to show you beautiful CO.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 19, 2005 07:31

Bonnie88 write:
Wow, Minerva you are truly exotic and well travelled..I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss..what we don't know we don't miss..
We remain the outsider and sometimes the outcast everywhere we go.The advantage is we could then see everything from a 'fresh eye' , a sort of pedestrian view, less judgmental hopefully and a more educated view since we have seen both sides or perhaps many sides of an issue. We are more tolerant of others' quaint ways of life and never feel that our own is the only way of life or our view is the only one..and of course , our friends are a colorful bunch from all corners of the world that add to a greater dimension and variety.
Our roots will belong to a wider horizon and we will have memories that are extracted from several different countries, cultures and encounters......

it is such a bizarre world living the life of the modern gypsy..lol

Bonnie - coming a bit late to this sorry. Yes, I feel that I'm a bit of a nomad or a gypsy in my heart. Having grown up in different countries and in a multi-cultural society, I am much more tolerant and understanding of other cultures and religions and I can understand and very much appreciate the little idiosyncrasies that make up and separate all these nations from each other. And even though I might not have "real" roots somewhere where I feel 100% at home, I wouldn't trade my life with anybody's. I have only good memories of my travels with my parents throughout my childhood years and my own experiences. They felt the same way too. My life has been interesting, educative, exciting and definitely never boring so far. Hope it continues that way and I hope I will have other new experiences to look forward to in the near future.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 19, 2005 03:54

Ooooh... reading your posts CP, Sharp, Chateau makes me want to RELOCATE to the USA - lol! I always have that itch to get up and go live somewhere else - now more than ever. It would be so exciting to pack up and move to a new city where I don't know anyone! Wouldn't scare me one bit. I like travelling by myself too. For the moment I can't go anywhere - have to sort out some family matters etc... but once that's done.... I will seriously consider it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 18, 2005 10:47

champagnepowder write:
Hey Sharp:

I did a lot of those things on my own at first but it definitely helped to work somewhere where there were other people around ;-) There are a lot of singles clubs here too though for hiking, biking etc. so that is also an option. I am young but I know what you mean by being around all couples. I have found that a lot of my friends are getting to that stage where they are having children and getting married...what's a single guy to do ;-)

Hope your daughter recovers quickly. I tore my ACL/MCL about a year ago playing soccer and it took me about six months to get close to normal. Physical therapy isn't fun but it definitely helped!!

Wait 5 more years...you'll have their kids crawling all over you! lol I tend to find the clubs have more people in your age group than my own, but at least it's people to do something with!

With fracture in her vertabrae she's been she can't do anything. She was doing physio and massages, they would aggravate it...now we know why. She'll be fine, but I damaged my knee 3 yrs ago and it was a year before it was 100%.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 18, 2005 06:37

Hey Sharp:

I did a lot of those things on my own at first but it definitely helped to work somewhere where there were other people around ;-) There are a lot of singles clubs here too though for hiking, biking etc. so that is also an option. I am young but I know what you mean by being around all couples. I have found that a lot of my friends are getting to that stage where they are having children and getting married...what's a single guy to do ;-)

Hope your daughter recovers quickly. I tore my ACL/MCL about a year ago playing soccer and it took me about six months to get close to normal. Physical therapy isn't fun but it definitely helped!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 18, 2005 00:00

champagnepowder write:
I actually moved out to CO on a whim and just wanted a change of pace so I didn't know anyone when I arrived but I met people through work and through recreational activities. I spend a lot of time snowboarding, backpacking, playing soccer so it was fairly easy to meet like minded people with the great weather and scenery here!

Did you go snowboarding and backpacking by yourself? Or did you join a church group or club who do those activities on weekends?
I have to go back and check your age, because I'm not so sure it's that easy to meet like minded people in your mid-40's ... aging myself...lol. I work for myself, so I only meet my clients who are mostly couples.

Playing soccer would help. I curled last year...again couples or ladies only league, still everyone was married. Ahhhh!!! lol
My just turned 16 yr daughter played tier 1 soccer. She was recently injured by a deliberate attack on her from behind catching her off guard. Found out yesterday she has a fractured 6th vertabrae. Will have a bone scan on Thursday. It's one thing to be competitive, it's another to have rage at someone because they are able to out play you with their ball skills and speed. I know...went off on a tangent...oh well! :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 23:40

Hahaha! Twitching from vivid dreams...is that like having what they call a "wet dream?" LOL
Well if you were twitching from a vivid dream next to a light sleeper, you wouldn't be dreaming anymore...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 18:43

You to, Champ. What was it like for you when you first moved? How did you meet new people...was it through work?

Hey Sharp,

I actually moved out to CO on a whim and just wanted a change of pace so I didn't know anyone when I arrived but I met people through work and through recreational activities. I spend a lot of time snowboarding, backpacking, playing soccer so it was fairly easy to meet like minded people with the great weather and scenery here!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 18:41

Sweet whispers and cuddling are always a possibility and the sudden twitching only comes about during vivid dreams ;-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 20:47

champagnepowder write:
Oh maayan...we would never get along then. I tend to snore in my sleep not mention the sudden twitching of my arms and legs ;-)

Snoring...I'd just tell you to roll over on your side! :-) But sudden twitching of your arms & legs? lol
What's that all about? lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 20:40

Chateau_Paris write:
Dear Bonnie:

Last November I relocated to Indianapolis for a job, not a man! It was an adventure to say the least. I'm still getting use to living in a new place but to answer your question..... yes I considered it and did it!!!!!

Chateau

Chateau you are beautiful! You have probably been snapped up on here! :-)
Compliment is intended in a non-lesbian way.
Needing a change myself, I have been considering relocating South bound CA, FL, Mexico...somewhere. When you moved did you know anyone where you moved to? Did you find it easy to get out and meet people? I'd appreciate hearing about your experience.

You to, Champ. What was it like for you when you first moved? How did you meet new people...was it through work?