#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Long Term Relationships & Long Distance Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Long Term Relationships & Long Distance
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 17:10

Oh maayan...we would never get along then. I tend to snore in my sleep not mention the sudden twitching of my arms and legs ;-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 15:46

katiegrl write:
Champ ..... aren't you getting confident now? LOL What a hot photo! Good move!

Hey, I used to be one of the 'newbies' once too and felt I could help her out by sharing the wealth. Thanks for the compliment by the way!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 13:20

katiegrl,
Your point about the forum has validity.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 00:13

Someone asked me recently if I honestly thought I could fall in love with somebody from another province or even country (I don't see the U.S. as another country since we share the continent). Well, I don't see what the problem would be with that at all.

Actually, it's easier to fall for a man online and then meet and push it forward into love than it is to try it in person.

Think of it. You meet someone face to face. The looks are agreeable, so you go for a coffee together, or drinks or dinner. You talk about general things, get a basic idea of what your date is like, then go home after. Not much quality time to base a relationship on.

But here, on a forum, you get to read how people speak to you, to others, to people they like, to people they don't like, how they handle compliments, humour, sarcasm, critisizm, and out and out rudeness. You can learn more essentially crucial stuff about someone in a Forum than you ever would in singular conversation with them.

This is where love affairs can start and all you have to have is a pretty good pic of yourself. Only here can you impress people with your intellect and wit before your physical attractiveness. Two years ago I fell for a short, balding, workaholic man living 2000 mi. east who totally blew me away with his romanticism and hilarious humor. I was crazy about him, but his wife soon put out a contract on me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 00:00

Champ ..... aren't you getting confident now? LOL What a hot photo! Good move!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 12, 2005 08:33

Hey shelly thanks for the compliment. I am sure you will meet some great guys on this site especially because of your age. Your profile was good in the sense that you shared some of your artistic passions. Your reference to your chest size may bring out some of those 'pervs' you were speaking of but you should be able to weed them out.

Good luck to you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 12, 2005 01:25

my first post was for champagnepowder

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 12, 2005 01:24

i saw your profile on here and well you sound like a really nice guy ;) i wish there were guys like you in my area so far the only kind of guys iv seen up here in alaska are pervs :P if your ever on y-a-h-0-0 if you would like you could message me i have the same name on there as i do here

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 01:26

charque write:
i like what i see

Charque, you mean Champayne or the topic?
If the former, check out 'Verbal Intimacy' thread, he is already the hot guy on this site..has his own fan club going there..first come first serve though...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 09, 2005 23:50

i like what i see

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 09, 2005 19:42

Congrats chateau on having the confidence in yourself to pick up and start something new. I moved out to Colorado on a whim six years ago and never looked back. Sometimes it's that one decision in life that allows you to start anew. You've probably already met some great people and started experiencing some things you never would have had you stayed put. Go with your heart and soul and you'll probably happier more often than not!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 09, 2005 00:25

Chateau_Paris write:

Well donehole to the office party..most men love the sight of an atttractive new girl in town...bet you are the buzz of the neighborhood right now and the local lads are secretly making a bee line at the local supermart or office drinks machine thinking of a chat up line for you! Chateau , you are my kind of girl!! YOu will also find that it gives you that much more confidence once you have done it and know you have survived and soon you will be looking further and beyond..and wonder why you did not do it earlier...Im afraid you have been bitten by that curious bite..
Also your travel and relocation experience will be great openers at social meeting places , from the local drinking
Enjoy it..your exciting chapter has just begun...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 18:59

Dear Bonnie:

Last November I relocated to Indianapolis for a job, not a man! It was an adventure to say the least. I'm still getting use to living in a new place but to answer your question..... yes I considered it and did it!!!!!

Chateau

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 14:34

Thanks 1TAll and same to you and all the mums here.. we celebrated Mothers day in March..don't know why it is not the same day...
you are right, the little things that we take pleasure in are the ones that give us a sense of achievement and accomplishment, however insignicant that task maybe..just completed my phtoshop computer exam..nice to know at least I understand how the system works now...so I shall not be frustrated or let down by my own ignorance..lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 13:01

Thanks, Bonnie! I'm different from some others I know in that I LOVE change....it doesn't always seem to be good at first, but it keeps life interesting, and sometimes forces us into doing things we wouldn't ordinarily do...and so there's always some good that comes from it. Right now the time and $$ are an issue for me, since buying my new place, but I should be done in the next few months and then I can get back to my life again! I can't believe how much time even just shopping for a piece of furniture takes...and let's not even talk about painting! I had to match some existing paint and I've spent days finally doing it and painting. Though I'm tired, I get such satisfaction out of doing things myself that I just sit and look at it for a while. Today is Mother's Day so I'm going to take it easy and later go to my youngest daughter's for dinner. Happy Mother's Day, Bonnie and all the other Moms here.
Hugs,
Annie

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 00:39

.so even we grammas have to find our own happiness elsewhere, too. If we're very lucky, it all works out and we can still see our families as much as we like. I hope to get real lucky, and Maggie knows just how I feel!

1TALL
You sound like you have what it takes to be that adventurer and traveller..go for it!
You will be pleasantly surprised that it is not that tough and it will certainly change your life completely..a sort of female Indiana JOnes adventure that will not only toughen you but often you will also collect some of the most amazing friends and memories..I mark each year of my life with some eccentric adventure or project that will go down in my memory for life..and perhaps my novel someday..
LDR whether it works or not is still an experience that would be different from a stable LTR with the boy next door..that distance is the acid test of love..which a local one will never know..and it will be memorable..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 08, 2005 00:28

Wow, Minerva you are truly exotic and well travelled..I guess sometimes ignorance is bliss..what we don't know we don't miss..
We remain the outsider and sometimes the outcast everywhere we go.The advantage is we could then see everything from a 'fresh eye' , a sort of pedestrian view, less judgmental hopefully and a more educated view since we have seen both sides or perhaps many sides of an issue. We are more tolerant of others' quaint ways of life and never feel that our own is the only way of life or our view is the only one..and of course , our friends are a colorful bunch from all corners of the world that add to a greater dimension and variety.
Our roots will belong to a wider horizon and we will have memories that are extracted from several different countries, cultures and encounters..
My concern use to be of my kids..one of the most glaring is their transient lives meant that they don't form very deep friendships with their peers. If they don't get on with anyone, they don't make the effort since they feel that the problem will remove itself when they or that person will soon depart after a short stint..kids growing up in third culture are less able to confront problems especially inter-personal relationships because they feel they could remove themselves physically from them by taking the next flight out...and my daughter felt exactly that way when she hated the boarding school she came back to and just called to say send ticket she wants to fly back to Japan...lol
I have also observed children who move through as many as 13 schools in their first 15 years of schooling..some coped very well but some don't and their fragmented academic life meant they have to be constantly catching up with curriculum that they never did complete ..
it is such a bizarre world living the life of the modern gypsy..lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 07, 2005 16:22

Bonnie88 write:
BUt I belong to the nomadic group which is a growing tribe now , these are people who have lived away in several countries from their birth home/country for so long , that it becomes hard for them to find those roots again to go home, and when they do , they find they have less in common with those in their hometown who never left..that dislocation is often hard to adjust..and probably never..and strangely the love of a man/woman may not be the only reason they want to keep moving on..

Oh Boy can I relate to that one Bonnie!!
I was born in Athens, Greece of a Greek mother and Greek-American father. Lived in France, Germany, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg but NEVER Greece or the USA. When I go back to Greece I feel like a foreigner. Although I speak the language fluently and a lot of my relatives are there, and although my real roots are there, somehow I just don't really belong. I'm too different. Everyone thinks I'm a foreigner anyway cuz I don't look Greek. I go to the States and everyone thinks I'm a foreigner who speaks English very well. lol... I don't always fit in with the mentality or the way Americans see the world.
I live in Luxembourg where I grew up for many years, went to school here (British school) and had most of my jobs here. Yet I do not speak the local lingo Luxembourgish (never went to the local school) but I do speak French and German. So I'm not really at home here either. Sometimes I don't know where I belong! Although I've had the privilege of having lived in such a multi-cultural environment and in several countries, it is also a curse not to feel that I have real roots somewhere. Must be a nice feeling to know and to be really sure where you belong.
My IDEAL scenario would be to split my time equally between Greece, the US and Luxembourg!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 07, 2005 13:40

Bonnie,
I think, were it not for the grandkids, I might be wandering, too. I stayed in this town to take care of my mother, and when she died, I was ready to move on. I had job interviews up and down the coast, but the best job I found was here at home, so I stayed. I understand that my youngest and her hubby may pick up and move sometime and all I can hope is that it won't be too far away. We have to understand that our kids have their own lives and may settle elsewhere...so even we grammas have to find our own happiness elsewhere, too. If we're very lucky, it all works out and we can still see our families as much as we like. I hope to get real lucky, and Maggie knows just how I feel!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 07, 2005 01:21

Tall and Maggie,
I gather that when we all reach a certain age we will find letting go
of our roots and our comfort zone so much harder..and that it would need a damn good reason like love of a man to move you. Whilst for the young and adventurous it would be easier since there are less family roots to tie them down ..
BUt I belong to the nomadic group which is a growing tribe now , these are people who have lived away in several countries from their birth home/country for so long , that it becomes hard for them to find those roots again to go home, and when they do , they find they have less in common with those in their hometown who never left..that dislocation is often hard to adjust..and probably never..and strangely the love of a man/woman may not be the only reason they want to keep moving on.. a condition that has been around for a while and I recognise it amongst a lot of second generation expat children..I call it a roving -cycle..we get restless after a while..
I for e.g. could go anywhere anytime for adventure or for love and if it is both it would be a bonus..well I may just sign on as a roving reporter or join a gypsy caravan..lol