#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > Long Term Relationships & Long Distance Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Long Term Relationships & Long Distance
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 03, 2005 09:01

I believe they can work if both individuals want them to. It can be difficult, but with technology today with e-mail, chatting on-line and phones you can easily stay in touch. These can be helpful in keeping things together until you can meet again.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 25, 2011 08:09

My ex-wife of 18 years was a long distance relationship.  The difference is I met her in person and dated for close to a year and then we were apart for months.  The distance only made me want to marry her even more.  On the other side, if I have not met them and I'm trying to create a relationship online, I just can't seem to make it happen.  I think I just need that initial contact to solidify that emottional love.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 22, 2011 10:15

i will like that hit me up

Available only
to logged in members

Chat now 
Posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2011 20:10

once two persons are committed to each other then i believe that long term relationship will work.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 18, 2011 14:36

Talk  about LTF......NO TALK NO, EMAIL, NO COMMUNICATION PRRIOD RIGHT NOW!! BECAUSE I'M NOT DIVORCED YET! BUT NO ONE'S broken it off. The relationship has been going on for over a year now and he REALLY IS THE MOST WONDERFUL GUY IN THE WORLD and makes me feel like his princess when we're together. The thing I don't understand is he wants to see me as soon as I'm divorced to" CELEBRATE the signing of my divorce decree" Like we planned and I won't get into Specific details. he also told me the last time I did hear from him that he thinks of me and can't wait to see me. I haven't seen him in almost a yr now because of my divorce & it's left a hollow place inside of me on top of this divorce. So, LTR..... ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! BECAUSE THEY CAN BE WONDERFUL & YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE!!!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Sep 25, 2009 18:10

Excellent comment Steve1552.

Long Distance Relationship CANNOT sustain itself without the ability to be around the person on a regular basis...to see how the interactions work doing daily, real acitivites.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Sep 03, 2009 16:00

i think is hard to do a good relationship in long distance.. is not the same.. .. a really hug that a emoticon?s hug.. dont think so? i dont like so much the distance.. will miss him.. i could understand if is temporarily

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Sep 07, 2008 13:42

steve, i believe you hit it right on when you said lack of communication because i always believed communication is the key to any healthy relationship...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 27, 2005 22:02

It may work for some but for me...
I would like my piece (with the "ie" or the "ea")to be within reach, tangible. I need what I need and when I need it, I need it.
It may work for some but for me...
I would like my piece (with the "ie" or the "ea")to be within reach, tangible. I need what I need and when I need it, I need it.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 08, 2005 20:01

I feel they can work. Both people have to want it. It gives you a chance to build a friendship through words, getting to know each other on a level of the mindes. Nothing to stand in your way, you can reveal your true self. Yes physical intimacy is missing, however different levels of intimacy can be achievd. Through the heart, mind and soul. Communication is very important in relationship..it enables a foundation of friendship to be able to be built. Trust and faith is tested. You become closer through technology and using words rather than dinner and a movie I think. Once you have obtained the communication, the friendship, you can be yourself (should be regardless), but nothing to hold you back..the trust from being apart, the faith..and wanting of it to work..you already have the most important ingredients for a relationship to work..than work on being with each other physically. But someone has to give in the end anyway..you cant stay apart forever...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 05, 2005 21:40

Good day!
I am astonish your photo.
U be encouraged me. It is gratefully.
Do U like to ride bike or swim?
Attention! See my photo!!! )?and write me free?Don?t miss me.
I glad will write and meet with U.
All the best!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 05, 2005 21:38

Good day!
I am astonish your photo.
U be encouraged me. It is gratefully.
Do U like to ride bike or swim?
Attention! See my photo!!! )?and write me free?Don?t miss me.
I glad will write and meet with U.
All the best!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 21:31

I think what makes developing a lasting, sustainable relationshp with a long distance partner difficult is the lack of quality time together. By quality time I mean just doing ordinary things together and really getting to know each other. When you do see each other, it's usually very special, romantic and exciting and you do special things together. A trip, dinners out and so forth. Plus you are on your best behavior during that short time period. That's all well and good but to really know someone and see if you're compatible and not just in love, you need to see all sides of each other. That comes from spending time with one another.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 16:29

It varies from person to person. For me it doesn't work...well when it's dating and getting to know one another it's fine, but when things get serious I need to be with my man. That's how I ended up down in NYC. I was living upstate met my ex and moved down here to be with him. I've long since dropped him, but never regretted the move. I love change, new experiences, and I always seem to take risks, luckily for me they always work out...lol I'm definitely of the mind of "we only live once" so I plan on doing as much living as I can!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 29, 2005 05:12

I have had a few long distance relatinships and I enjoyed them very much. The anticipation of seeing one another is nice and I enjoyed the challenge of keeping things spicy and hot! I enjoy the freedom that long distance situations offer. I have has a couple that have lasted for years!! Give it a shot.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 26, 2005 23:15

Long term relationship can work if both really wants it to work. I once have a 3yr relationship. It was the best thing that ever happened in my life. No matter how things get harder, we are still together. My ex had patiently followed me. He frequently drives 5 hours to visit me in Germany, calls me everyday for an hour or three and flew in US when I moved here. I thougth it was the best fairytale of my life because we never have a figth, we have so much fun wining and dining together,traveling and he had always been romantic and treated me very well like so precious with lots of spoiling. But it did ended . . . One day, I encouraged him to go to single's party to have fun because I thougth I am standing in a stable ground in his heart but I was wrong. He always wanted a skinny girl while I want to have meat at the rigth place . . . He quit on me when I needed him most in my life. Distance had never been an issue between us but other woman did.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 07, 2005 06:22

I once got a fine mail where it was mentioned that "Love travels". I think it is right that "Love travels", but it is quite different people in this world. My respons is often that the woman must have a concrete plan for her life and that I cannot travel the world around just due to hopes and promises. If there is something really serious in the bottom, "Love travels" of course.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 04:04

hmmm - just found this topic, and HAD to post a reply.
I have not stopped travelling the world, for the last 14 years, so EVERY relationship I have been in for that period, has been a LDR.
on one foot, you can say it is bad, because I am never married, but on the other foot, from experience, absence makes the heart grow stronger - and at times, this really is the case. If it remains a LDR for a long period of time, this is where I have found the "strain" creeps in.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 16, 2005 15:13

champagnepowder write:

Minerva415 write:
Hi CP - you have also become a non-paying ghost I see.... lurking in the dark corridors of the forum.... waiting for your post to appear....lol
We've missed you, your intelligent input on the forum, not to mention that se*xy pic....

Hey Min:

Yeah, I stopped paying for a bit because I won't be around enough in the next couple of months to post a lot. Nice to see that you have a similar view on the LDR thing. It's tougher but it can work for the right couple. They took my 'sexy' pic off when I stopped paying. I'll try to get it back up. Guess you have to pay to play

You're kidding! MM chose your main photo for you??? That's crazy! By keeping the sexy picture up, you may receive more emails from beautiful women you might consider as potentials, which would be your incentive to want to renew your membership. Bad business move on their part!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 17:42

BlondeLightning write:
Hi Bonnie,

How are you this weekend? Hear any good lawyer jokes lately lady? lol.

Can I interject something here?

In California (Southern California) we like to say about the women here: Blonde Hair, Blonde Skin, and Blonde Teeth, lol. It's a blonde thing since 3 out of 4 are bottle blondes. And from being a natural blonde myself, I can tell who is natural and who is not, lol.

HI Blondelightning,
Do blonde men like you suffer from the same derogatory jokes that blonde ladies are typecast with?
So u are a typical Californian blondie with taut six packs, the sort that skateboards or roller blades down the boardwalk with Ipod in you ears and old women oogling at you?