#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Newbies > Why are guys mean? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Why are guys mean?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 09, 2006 09:54

I'm new to the online dating venue; have been out of the dating arena for 27 years. Now I find myself thrust back out there to find that online is how it is done now.

I have found similar experiences not that the men are mean but that it's all about casual sex. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the sexual intimacy but would like to find a man that would like to experience other things together.

Also, have found that many of the men begin the conversations talking about walking on the beach, going places together, quite dinner and then the question "So when are you going to sleep with me?"

I'm not sure if this is where dating has evolved or if it's just some of the men online. Are there any men still out there who want a relationship that has substance as well as intimacy?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 03, 2006 10:32

Wow! It has not been my experience that guys are mean. Sometimes men are in pain...just like women are too....how sad.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 14, 2006 18:40

Yes but also, some guys want to have sex with us and maybe thats why we are mean because we just want someone to love us for who we are and not rush into things.
Like i feel like i am a nice person to get to know. But weither its on the net or probably in person because i have had it happen to me. they all want sex. Instead of spending quailty time with a person just for fun. No one can be just friends these days.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 14, 2006 18:34

your right on that. and they also think that if you dont talk there language you aren't for them.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 14, 2006 18:32

I hear you and then sometimes they dont want to give the nice girls a chance like me. :)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 19:25

Honey. Ive never been rude to the fairer sex in my life, but then I'm not breed here either, a gentleman and a squire i do aspire. A true knight a wit but not a shit. I'll chat and quip with any any wit and make a lady feel really fit.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 06:33

When they hit the net and find a huge selection of women to choose from, courting turns into a shopping spree, and you become a commodity.

Prepare to have your tires kicked, and any scratch or nick in your paint immediately noted. God help you if you are dented.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 04, 2006 11:47

Well most of the guys are mean on net mainly. I have in counted plenty of guys maybe not with dating myself. But most of the guys i am referring too are on line ones.
I just had a chance to appolize finally to one of the guys on here, Hopefully he will except it.
I am doing well. Its chilly outside though from it raining yesterday. So not much for being able to go outside today outside of a walk maybe.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 19, 2006 02:37

To every guy that's said, "Sex can wait."

To every guy that's said, "You're beautiful."

To every guy that was never too busy to drive across town to see her.

To every guy that gives flowers and a card when she is sick.

To every guy who has given her flowers just because.

To every guy that said he would die for her.

To every guy that really would.

To every guy that did what she wanted to do.

To every guy that regrets hurting her.

To every guy that cried in front of her.

To every guy that she cried in front of.

To every guy that holds hands with her.

To every guy that kisses her with meaning.

To every guy that hugs her when she's sad.

To every guy that hugs her for no reason at all.

To every guy who would give their jacket up.

To every guy that calls to make sure she got home safe.

To every guy that would sit and wait for her for hours just to be able to see her for ten minutes.

To every guy that would give his seat up.

To every guy that just wants to cuddle with his special movie partner.

To every guy that reassured her that she was beautiful no matter what... because he believes in her.

To every guy who told his secrets and fears to her.

To every guy that tried to show how much he cared through every word and every breath.

To every guy that thought maybe this could be the one.

To every guy that believed in her dreams.

To every guy that would have done anything so she could achieve them.

To every guy that never laughed at her when she told him her dreams.

To every guy that walked her to her car.

To every guy that wasn't just trying to get LAID!!!!

To every guy that actually listened.

*****TO EVERY GUY THAT PRAYS THAT SHE IS HAPPY EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT WITH HER.*****

This one is for you...

Not all girls appreciate us nice guys. There's not many left out there....But we will find that one woman.......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 10, 2006 19:10

Dear Ms Booty
Thank you for your kind words. I'm afraid I'm about ready to give up on the search. I do believe my selection process is seriously flawed, and do not wish to take the time, nor the effort to try to analyze and fix it. I have decided to switch jobs, and will be looking for a job that puts me back out in the 'system'. Meaning, will be driving weeks at a time, all over the lower 48 States, and a few provinces of Canada. My KBR application has also been reactivated for Iraq as a driver.
I figure I have one good adventure left in me, before I'm forced to settle down.
I've put my house up for sale, and will see what happens in the interim.
I wish you were ten years younger. We'd have a ball, and I'd have some badly needed direction in my life.
Such is the pity.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 09, 2006 01:11

Dear Ms Booty
I agree, my dear, not all women above the age of 35 are mean spirited, ect. Unfortunately, the ones I've come in contact with recently happen to display those character traits. I wish it were different, as I feel I am ready for a nice woman.
We all have some 'baggage' from our past, but I do NOT care to spend an evening, day, or afternoon, listening to how rotten their ex was, nor do I care to hear intimate details of his lousy bedroom gymnastics, the horrid guy was cheating on her with a younger woman, he was an abuser, a drunk, ect, ect, ad naseum. Yes, this is probably all true, but I do know that there are two sides to every story. If the man is not present to defend himself, I'd truly rather not discuss, or hear about, his one sided shortcomings. It is none of my business, and the women I've met appear to be 'eaten up' with this stuff, and virtually obsessive when they have a captive audience in me. At times, I felt like I had been taken hostage, instead of being involved in a conversation with someone on a date.
Conversely, younger women appear 'fresh', and full of life. They wish to have fun, and enjoy the day. They do not seem to thrive as much on drama as their older counterparts, and welcome each new day as an exciting chapter in their lives. Their older sisters seem to wish they'd stayed in bed, in their flannel pajamas. Each new day is something to be endured, rather than enjoyed.
The dilema I, and possibly other men my age face, is the search for a woman, not a girl. Yes, I do know men that want NOTHING to do with women at, or near their age. Some of the reasons, I've listed above. Other reasons, might be attributed to fear of aging, desiring a 'trophy bride', 'arm candy', ect. These attitudes I cannot fathom. Personally, I prefer a mature woman, as one can only spend so much time in bed, then it is nice to have someone that I can converse with, without every other phrase being " Like this, like that, like wow man", or worse, " F this, F that, F the other thing". No, I'm far, far from being prudish, innocent, or not street wise. I simply do not care for profanity from anyone, especially a woman that wishes to be treated like a lady.
Of course, your results may vary according to likes, dislikes, sex, and/or species involved.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 06, 2006 21:14

I rest my case. Please do call when the transformation is finished. It appears it will not be long. Have a great day.

J David

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 03, 2006 18:36

Men are not mean, just because they 'can'. That comment bespeaks of bitterness, disappointment, and rejection. Yet another reason why some men look to much younger women in their life. Women that are above the age of 35 that I've experienced lately, are jaded, bitter, and mean themselves. I'd rather remain alone, than wish I were.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 03, 2006 15:33

. . .Because they can be.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 03, 2006 08:07

because they need some boottie.lolol

what they don't realize is that by them being mean they are pushing the good women out.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 23, 2006 05:05

Thanks it does. I dont go in with that attitude just that its hard to figure out who is write and wrong.