#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > The One Truly Great Love Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
The One Truly Great Love
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:35

TRUE LOVE...

Love endures long and does not give up; Love cares more for others than for self. Love is patient and kind, never jealous or envious, boastful, proud, or rude, does not display itself haughtily (it does not brag). Doesn't force itself on others, isn't always "me first". Love isn't selfish or quick tempered (does not easily become angered). It is not conceited (arrogant or inflated with pride); does not act unbecomingly. It does not insist on its own way. It is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or resentful; it doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do (it pays no attention to a suffered wrong, does not remember the suffering that comes from being hurt by someone). Doesn't revel when others grovel. Love does not rejoice at injustice or evil, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. It always protects; always perseveres. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end. Love never fails!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 05, 2006 17:19

There is only but one True Love and that is in giving of yourself completely without holding back and sharing your feelings 100 percent. No lies and completely honesty. The sky is the then the limit.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:38

"Reflections of a Beautiful Morning"

The sun rises above the hillcrest,
As does the joy in my heart;
Rays of warmth and love,
From him I will never part.

Fresh dew upon the grass,
Young birds chirping in their nests;
I watch him gently sleeping,
My love to him I silently profess.

I enjoy the stillness and calm,
Watching as he smiles and dreams;
His love brings to me such a peace,
Like that of a slow flowing stream.

My heart and soul flow with love,
And I smile as I quietly reflect;
I've been given a sweet prince,
A sweet prince to love and protect.

A vow to myself I make,
As he quietly sleeps away;
To always love and cherish him,
Until my last breath... until my last day.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:37

"You Must Have Been an Angel"

I was feeling all lonely inside
Seemed like my prayers had been denied
I had come to the decision
that I would never find a love that is true

Down on my knees again in prayer,
Oh, Lord, please send someone to care
My best imagination could not
have dreamed someone like you

You must have been an angel, I can tell
By the heavenly way my heart fell
Oh, it was spiritual, a miracle
that an angel would come down to me

You've got a heart of gold, I swear
You are the answer to my prayer
And so much heavenly power
to make a mortal dream come true

Oh, you were heaven sent I know
For even when the lights are low
I can almost see a halo
Boy, I'm so in love with you

Boy, I'm so glad I found you
Gonna wrap my whole world around you
Oh, it's gonna be so heavenly
Just you and me...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:36

FEELINGS & THOUGHTS ON LOVE...

If I am unaware of love, I live drably. If I become intoxicated with love, I live in dreamland. If I recognize love, and shake his hand then comfort, dreams, and sometimes intoxication become mine to drench in and give away as well. To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be. The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a Divine gift of God. The secret of love is seeking variety in your life together, and never letting routine chords dull the melody of your romance. Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it. What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things, instead of using people and loving things. No matter what, no matter where, it's always home, if love is there. Love is not blind, it sees more not less; But because it sees more, it chooses to see less.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:36

Love...

We spend so much time looking for the right person to love, or finding fault with those we already love; when instead we should be perfecting the love we give to others. This is the only way we can ever be truly satisfied with anyone or anything - for in loving, we find love itself.

Available only
to logged in members

REAL LOVE...

Love is the best medicine, and there is more than enough to go around once you open your heart. Our true identity is to love without fear and insecurity. Real love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Love is fire. Real love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain. Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile. We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another. Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the common fiber of life, the flame that heats our soul, energizes our spirit and supplies passion to our lives. It is our connection to God and to each other. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.

Available only
to logged in members

The Meaning of Love...

To love is to share life together, to build special plans just for two. To work side by side and then smile with pride, as one by one, dreams all come true. To love is to help and encourage with smiles and sincere words of praise. To take time to share, to always listen and care in tender, affectionate ways. To love is to have someone special on whom you can always depend. To be there through the years, sharing both laughter and tears; as a partner, a lover, a friend. To love is to make special memories of moments you love to recall. Of all the good things that sharing life brings, Love is the greatest of all.

To know love is what life is all about. To be in love is to possess something that is beyond the reach of age or time. To give love, to experience love is to be rich in the joys that give color to each day and significance to each detail of our lives. To share love with someone wonderful is to know the fullest meaning of what happiness can be.

Love is more than the words we say. It is the way we reach out day by day with a welcoming hug, a laugh to share, a helping hand to show we care. It's a comforting touch, a gentle phrase, an encouraging smile, a word of praise. It's a warmth we give right from the heart.

Love is the treasure that multiplies by division. It is the one gift that grows bigger the more you give it away. It is the one business in which it pays to be an absolute spendthrift. You can give it away, throw it away, empty your pockets, shake the basket, turn the glass upside down, and tomorrow you will have more than you do today.