#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Friendship > Being a True Blue Friend Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Being a True Blue Friend
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:11

"Never Alone"

You're never alone, I'm always near when you're troubled, down, or blue. All you have to do is call me, I'm always here for you. It doesn't matter where I'm at, it doesn't matter when; when you need someone to talk to, I'm here to be your friend. If you need someone to hold your hand, or a hug to say I care; if you need a shoulder to cry on, for you I will be there. So never think you are a burden, when the weight gets to be too much; you might find if you look hard enough, a good friend could be just the right touch. You're never alone, I'm always here, through the good times and the bad. I'm always here to be your friend, I don't like to see you sad.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 16:59

sharp1 write:
Here's a story of how you know whose not a good friend.
A brief history first. An old room mate of mine calls me up after 20 yrs. She married one of the fellows I worked with after 10 mos. I never understood why he married her, because she was such a rude bi*tch! She'd cut people down thinking she was being funny, but she wasn't. Not sure at what point in their marriage he realized this, but he left sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night! lol I understood why he did it that way! She had a wicked temper, which she passed or taught to her daughters.
Anyways, this gal is in her house alone, falls down the stairs, hits the wall at the bottom and smashes her ankle. She calls a "good" friend of years, explaining her fall and that she is in excruciating pain and thinks she's broken her ankle. The so-called "good" friend asks her, "can't you get one of your daughters to come and help you?" lmao This friend was 5 min. away, her daughters were 30 to 40 minutes away. She couldn't get a hold of her daughters and had to call 911. I guess this "good" friend wasn't much of a friend...but when I think of how this roommate of mine treated people...she didn't make such a good friend either! Tit for tat! She called me and told me this story, I told her she could have called me, I'm an hour away, then I asked her if she was still friends with this other lady? Just shaking my head.

Yeah ! some people have sure funny wways about friendship...

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 18:49

Here's a story of how you know whose not a good friend.
A brief history first. An old room mate of mine calls me up after 20 yrs. She married one of the fellows I worked with after 10 mos. I never understood why he married her, because she was such a rude bi*tch! She'd cut people down thinking she was being funny, but she wasn't. Not sure at what point in their marriage he realized this, but he left sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night! lol I understood why he did it that way! She had a wicked temper, which she passed or taught to her daughters.
Anyways, this gal is in her house alone, falls down the stairs, hits the wall at the bottom and smashes her ankle. She calls a "good" friend of years, explaining her fall and that she is in excruciating pain and thinks she's broken her ankle. The so-called "good" friend asks her, "can't you get one of your daughters to come and help you?" lmao This friend was 5 min. away, her daughters were 30 to 40 minutes away. She couldn't get a hold of her daughters and had to call 911. I guess this "good" friend wasn't much of a friend...but when I think of how this roommate of mine treated people...she didn't make such a good friend either! Tit for tat! She called me and told me this story, I told her she could have called me, I'm an hour away, then I asked her if she was still friends with this other lady? Just shaking my head.

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 29, 2006 17:50

sharp1 write:
So true unsnaggled...real friends will be there for you no matter where you are in the World if it is at all possible.

Yep ! you are right Sharp 1 and unsnaggled...real friends go the extra miles, like going to help a friend in the middle of the night 3 a.m. at -35 stranded on the road about a 40 minutes away from you and report to work at 7 a.m., missing a paid ski trip to help a friend, driving 16 hours one way and 16 hours back in 4 days to celebrate a friend 40 th birthday...I could write more but those are real friends whom you would do the extra's for. Real friends always carry a special place in one's heart..

I bet you have some good imput to share Sharp1 you are an Albertan.

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 28, 2006 20:16

AN IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH:
May there always be work for your hands to do. May your purse always hold a coin or two. May the sun always shine on your windowpane. May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you. AND May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:17

"A friend is a 'gift' our heart treasures. Friendship is a gift we treasure close to our hearts... it is a special bond that needs nurturing!"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:15

"Let Me Show You the Way"

I'm looking at you
Dear friend of mine
It's no use pretending
That everything's fine
Now don't be so stubborn
Don't be so proud
I want you to know that I'm here for you
Now I can see you hurting
And it's hurting me
It doesn't have to be this way
If you'd let me hold you
Let me show you the way I'm feeling for you
Feeling so much
When this heart is big enough for both of us
I'll give you my love
If you give me your pain
I'll hold it inside of me
'Til you're stronger again
I hate seeing you so far away
When not a word can say enough
I'll be your rock for this day
When I hear you call my name
'Cause I know you'd do the same
I'll hold your head up
I'll see you right
I'll show you the light
Let me show you the way

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:15

"Carry On"

Carry on as I would, My Friend.
Lay your problems down to rest.
Put all bad times behind you
and strive to be your best.

Carry on with confidence;
your hands now hold the reins.
Don't think your talents won't compare,
for there's good blood running thru your veins.

Carry on with honesty;
you know what's right and fair.
Just call on me when problems strike;
you know that I'll be there.

Carry on with your dream, My Friend;
Let your conscience be you guide.
Remember when you feel alone,
I'm standing by your side.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:14

"Dear Friend"

Dear friend, what's on your mind
You don't laugh the way you used to
But I've noticed how you cry
Dear friend, I feel so helpless
I see you sit in silence
As you face new pain each day
I feel there's nothing I can do
I know you don't feel pretty/handsome
Even though you are
But it wasn't your beauty
That found room in my heart
Dear friend, you are so precious, dear friend
Dear friend, I'm here for you
I know that you don't talk about it too much
But we can share this day anew
Dear friend, please don't feel like you're alone
There is someone who is praying
Praying for your peace of mind
Hoping joy is what you find
I know you don't feel weak
Even when you are
But it wasn't your strength
That found room in my heart
Dear friend, you are so precious, dear friend.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:14

"The Beauty of Friendship"

This life is like a garden place. Our friendships are the flowers. The perfumes of the blossoms fair are friendship's pleasant hours. Some friendships flower much too fast, and fading, quickly die. While others are like posies sweet, that flower perennially.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:13

"Trust"

The comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words; but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:13

"Friendship"

As long as we have memories, yesterday remains. As long as we have hope, tomorrow waits. As long as we have friendship, today is beautiful.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:12

"Your Friend"

If the wind will blow, I will hold your hand. When the sun won't shine, I will never fade away. When the tears appear to wipe away your smile, don't be afraid, I'll be here. I will be your friend who will always care. I'll be the first to catch you, if ever you should fall, and hold you in my arms. I will be your friend. If you lose your place in life's crazy race, you can make it through, 'cause I will run with you. We'll always pray and believe in our hearts that God will be by our side. God knows our imperfections and He loves us anyway. A closer friend than I can ever be. But a little piece of Heaven I will do my best to bring, you'll never have to search again. I will be your friend. One who will always care. I'll be a little closer when you feel so far away, and hold you in my arms. I will be your friend.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 07:11

"Just Call Me"

When times get rough and you can't get what you need, just call me. When things go wrong and you need some sympathy, just call me. Reach out your hand to mine and I'll be there as soon as I can, just call me. When you don't know which way to turn, you know just where I am, just call me. If you need love, I'll be right there, just call me. When you can't find a friend that you can depend on, just call me. When you need a hand to hold on to, just call me. When nights are cold and loneliness has the best of you, just call me. When you're feeling down, I'll be around; I'll be right next to you, just call me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 09:29

Hi, Desireamda!

I'm glad that you've enjoyed my writings. Thank you, for your compliment. It's very much appreciated. Have you read my other topics, or just this one?

I'm all about touching lives, bridging distances, healing rifts and building bonds. I love to celebrate festivals & events, personal milestones or just everyday-moments with stories, cards, quotes, and/or poems. They're my way of expressing my thoughts and feelings to others in a personal way.

Unfortunately, I'm not currently a gold member, so I can't initiate e-mails. However, if you'd like to shoot me one, I'd be more than happy to respond.

Wishing you a wonderful, beautiful day filled with sunshine that warms your heart,
Aicila

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 16:59

So true unsnaggled...real friends will be there for you no matter where you are in the World if it is at all possible.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 07:20

Aicila I have a few good friends that I count on. A true blue friend as you say will know what you are all about and be there for you such as you are for them...when the time comes, I have encountered a few rough roads in life and found out who my real friends were, and they were there for me and visa versa. So they are special and I do consider them like my personal angels..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 06:32

" Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 05, 2006 20:45

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 19:28

A true friend won't stab you in the back but the front :)