#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Religion > Did Jesus Exist? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Did Jesus Exist?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, May 27, 2006 20:06

Lombard write:
Actually, BigBozMaam, when a babe plays a candy apple red strat, it proves that god exists.

And here's you proof. Now if all those other people would just get it...lmao!

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 02, 2006 06:42

Lombard write:

Now, Blackhole makes a statement saying that, since, logos is the underlying root of logical, therefore Jesus must be logical.

Why?

If I say my name is Mr. Truth, does that make me truthful?

I am not doubting his existence. I am doubting the proof of his existence.

Sorry for editing your post, Lombard.
Agree with your logic. Just because your name is truth does not make one truthful.

At the risk of being accused of blasphemy from the devout Christians, I also have doubt of proof of Jesus' existence. Further, I have doubts that he was the son of God. It comes down to what someone wants to believe. I believe Jesus existed. I do not believe his was born from a virgin mother. I believe he was a teacher, a spiritual leader but not the son of God. I believe in God.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 25, 2006 18:52

Did Jesus exist, does Jesus exist, will Jesus exist? Yes, yes and yes. What if the Bible is the word of God and what if Jesus is the only name given unto man by which he may be saved? What if there really is a Satan and a hell and what if it is more horrific and more terrible than human intellect can possibly imagine...? Yes, and what if Jesus is the truth and the way and the life - like the Bible says he is. What if the only way to the Father is through the son... what if...? You have heaven to gain and hell to lose if you choose Jesus - now , as your Lord and Saviour. Blessed be his Holy Name. Blessed be his Holy Name forever. Jesus - I love you. I love you Jesus. Jesus you are my Lord and my Saviour. I love you Jesus. Praise be your Holy name. Blessed by the name of the Lord from this time forth and forever more. From the rising of the sun, unto the going down of the same - The Lord's name is to be praised Hallelujah. Praise be the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 09:16

well that isn't entirely accurate, there were quite a few accounts of "Jesus" personalities wiht that name, then add to that maze the theory that "Jesus" might not be the name the "saviour" was known by and the ball of wax gets larger.
Even before modern times the theory existed that since there were new and better "saviours or messiahs" being touted each week around the first century bce and ce the "Jesus" story is a compilation of charismatic figures from around that time that became embellished, like a rolling stone, picking up new and better attributes and assertions of his power and might.
Who knows?
The problem with religions is they do not follow thier tenets of non judgemental love.

Regardless, I love to travel and do my own digging around and research and learn about all spirituality and religions ...
Simply I beleive in the Absolute energy we all are.

Anyway everyone knows that Jesus simply replaced Mithrias... sheeeshhhhh
*peals of laughter*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 07:11

Lombard write:
Robtest

You are giving the "god by any other name" argument. Clearly it does not pass logical muster. Just because allah means god in two languages, it does not follow it means the same god.

The Islamic god is not trinitarian, it is not a died and reborn god. It is a god of laws, more like the Jewish god, though with some different laws. In fact, one of the central tenents of Islam is the "unchangingness" of god, which negates a tripart "dead and reborn" god.

Monotheism, god, yahweh, allah and Jesus are not all equivalent terms. We, in the twenty- first century like to smooth over these differences to create a kitchen sink god that nobody can fight over, but if you believe in a specific god that is monotheistic, by logic, it excludes all other gods. If you believe that that god commands you to glory him and create his kingdom on earth, it is wholly logical to kill those who want to block your goal, whether they are Hussites, Huegonots, Cathars, Sunnis or Nestorians.

I can give you hundreds of reason why the Jewish, Islamic and christian gods are different gods, and not even mythically related to the Indian "great spirit' (merely one of the native American mythologies by mostly Athabaskan speakers).

Which leads to this whole "I'm spiritual, but not religious thing" The speech goes something like this" I know that there is something greater than me, but I don't think it is the religion I grew up with. Therefore, I will combine all of the elements I like from the noble indigenous peoples of the world and create some custom spirituallity with candles, chanting and easy choices."

Of course, we are all just people, and the chance of this religion being right is exactly the same as a traditional religion being right. Zero, nada and bupkus.

Exactly! And when you remove all the funny words and terms, it mostly boils down to opinion and ego. And often times one big ego trying to impose their opinion on others. If your God infects your life positively and doesn't impose negativity on others, run with it...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 18, 2006 10:52

Lombard write:
BigBozMaam

I am confused. you and your father both recognize the absurdity of other "revealed" systems, but have randomly chosen another human construct as your path. I understand that Zen gives you the flexibility to believe or disbelieve in it's Bhuddist underpinnings, but it is still a man generated system and inherently no more or less valid than any other.

In speaking to most Zen followers, however, I find that they use the construct of Zen to convey "non Judeo-Christian intellectual curiosity with a spiritual element". Being perfectly OK to live in a totally random world without meaning, I barely understand that point of view, but I am always curious as to hy people believe what they believe. Why Zen?

Why?
The question, is the answer.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 18, 2006 07:42

Lombard write:
By your logic, with Islam being the fastest growing religion, Allah will be god in the future. Also, the earth was flat until it became round and Britteney Spears is the best artist in the world.

Actually, Allah by most interpretations is God now. It is not even a term that is exclusive is Islam. it is not exclusive to that faith; Arab Christians and various Arabic-speaking Jews (including the Teimanim, several Mizrai communities and some Sephardim) also use it to refer to the monotheist deity. Arabic translations of the Bible also employ it, as do Roman Catholics in Malta (who pronounce it as "Alla"), Christians in Indonesia, who say "Allah Bapa" (God the Father) and Christians in the Middle East who use the Aramaic "Allaha".

My personal theory is that each understands in his own way. This was spoken/written of in the Bible after Christ's death, when the apostles "spoke in tongues" to many people in voices that they could understand. I think it is often mis-interpreted that it was just the language that was understood. My personal feeling is that it meant in a "message" that was understood by all. The American Indians have "the Great Spirit", and many asian cultures believe in the Tao. The list goes on and on...

Is it truly a twisted God? Or perhaps just very young children that do not truly understand the meaning of a parents intent and interpret as best they can???

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 18:45

I believe that Jesus did exist. I believe that he was a carpenter, and a god-like man. I believe that he should be an example of the way people should treat each other and the planet. But as far as my religious views go, he was not god.
My Dad was a professor of anthropology and sociology, he studied all religions, and raised me Zen, (the humanities dept. where he taught is named after him). I would like to quote him on this...
"I believe that immaculate born saviors sent to save our souls, rival the boogeyman in assininity"
dad*

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 09:24

BlackholeSun write:
Your the biggest stupid Beee-atch, I've ever heard of. People in Asia and India New about Jesus, He was predicted in the Vedas Even! If you even listen to what the bible says you'd know Him, But Ahhh, this is where we get too, Some people are stuck in hell so they don't anything about Him, blind them selves to Him like the pharisees. But Since your such a scholar, you would know of all the 'hidden' gospels and scrolls found especially in the 1900s, two thousand years after His coming and they would answer every question and beyond what any man or woman could ask. How were this people so smart and scientifically logically if the Christ, the Supreme Personality of GodHead Himself come down as The Son of Man and knew everything about heaven and EArth and hell even, and what was in between, didn't come to visit them. Plus all the idiots (rulers of the Earth, so called, and the 'intelligent' people of the time) were scared out of their minds because He could indeed heal people, cauze earthquakes etc...chase away weird spirits....just as people do today.

AMEN to that Blackholesun!!

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 21:50

You ask "what would it been like to follow Jesus" Answer: When he healed everyone,made wine from water,fed many with a few fish and bread, gave life to the dead, cast out evil spirits, He was Loved. When times got tough and He needed them they left Him. When He first came back they did not know him even though He walked with them on the road. When they discovered He was alive they were happy and finally believed.

When He returns soon, we will face the same troubles, the weak will fall away and be lost forever,Jesus will come to separate the strong in G_D from those who found other gods.

It's time to get serious. As scripture says this is not a threat, it is a promise made before creation.

Please, talk to G_D ask him to tell you His truth.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 18:07

logic and religion don't mix. for obvious reasons. all i can say is.."she blinded me with science"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 12:13

ThatOnePlayer write:
Gapeaches69_ write:
Dear you don't know me. I have a lesbian niece and it that is what she want to do well that is her business. I still love her. I am not going to judge no one. Let god be the judge of all that. PS I also have gay friends.

Maybe you didn't read the "most" part. I'm not saying all Christians judge people becuase, I don't know all Christians. I am saying, MOST of you Christians judge becuase the amount of them you see protesting against gay marriage are usually Christian.

Ps I'm not gay, but I'm a gay supporter.

OK ... I just want to say that some are hate groups. Just to back that up, WESTBORO Baptist "CHURCH" are a hate group, posing as christians. Look them up on the web, you'll see. As Christians we don't always agree, but I cannot down anyone for being gay. I'm not the judge, GOD is. I can only put in my 2 cents...

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 10:04

RakheeRoy write:
hey sweetie i totally agree with you if all this gospel and bible stuff were true our society wounldn't be so lost and incomplete tell me this how many normal loving mothers are out there? Not many , i mean totally fucntional no shortcomings nope not many beause there is a certain way to live and be and the bible will never tell you how to be in peace with yourself but be in conflict with yourself and live in emotional pain. Religion is self made not given to us by higher power to receive this higher power the body and mind must be detoxed and cleansed and fed the right thoughts only you can achieve GOd or higher power. And it is process of the self whereever you are in life
Yes the people of the Light! Girl you on the right track! you go girl! Sincerely Rakhee Roy this is for a giftfromheaven

The world is like it is because of the devil. All emotional pain, suffering, hardship, whatever in life is because people have strayed away from GOD. Sometimes I call it being Empty. You have to accept CHRIST into your life to fill the void. You have to make a choice either give you life to the devil and enjoy all worldly desires and suffer..or turn it all over to GOD and let him be your light. Bye the way "You Reap What You Sowe".If the tree is bad, it will bare bad fruit.People are lost because of their fruit,not because of GOD. For those of you who are thinking Oh My GOD, I'm from the Bible Belt.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 09:39

Hey everyone! This is to the non-believer, you started this crap. You wanted a response...who are you to talk about Jesus and you are'nt CHRISTIAN? YOU WORRY ABOUT YOUR RELIGION... WE'LL STICK TO OUR'S. And to Florida4ever or whoever you are...Jesus was not gay!!! You are freaking CRAZY! I can tell you about one prophet... He married a child! That makes him a child mole$ter. That's a fact! But this bologna you are talking about JESUS being gay... you make me sick...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 08:42

Pontius Pilate did infact exist therefore Jesus did exist as well.
There is a place called Jeruslam, Bethlahem. Secuilar historians proove he existed.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 22:20

If your correct, all 2.5 Billion people who know G_D and Jesus are real are WRONG and you are right.

Even the devil know Jesus and G_D exist.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 16, 2006 22:12

No one has ever provided any scientific proof that evolution exist, everyone has scientific proof that G_D exist.

Evolution does not mean change because more or less food or a better climate is available, evolution means a frog can become a tree or cow or lobster or something other than a frog.
1 of hundreds of billions examples........
Do you know why a giraffe does not eat all the leaves from a tree and eats facing the wind.When the tree feels it is losing a lot of its leaves it produces a toxin to make it's leaves taste bad, the wind carries the toxin smell downwind and the downwind trees start producing the toxin to save its leaves, the giraffe knows this and moves upwind to trees that have not produced their toxin.Is this evolution or creative design.

The other billions of examples are in the book called the "WORD of G_D", available free on the INTERNET or most book stores.(search engine"Bible or Torah")

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 15, 2006 12:28

Jesus was a Safardic Jew. Which means he was dark skinned, with light eyes. No matter what religion you, are as long as you believe in God and accept Jesus as the son of God, you will eventually witness their presence. The hardest thing to do is believe in something you can't see. All religions play off each other, but no matter what, we all are judged. Good people will be taken in the gates, so too speak, while others will be turned away. I don't believe in the anti-christ, there are many anti-christs. The meek shall inherit the earth, Jesus said so. Hell is what people suffer from their own doing, and God's righteous hand. In the end good always wins over evil. Evil is in the hearts of men, and was originated from the word eve. God gives us all choices, will you take the apple, or fight temptation.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jan 07, 2006 22:30

over 3.5 billion people confirmed that Yeshua lived on earth.All the Muslims, Christians and Jews.

Discover for yourself. Say : Yeshua if your real ,show me, I give you my permission to give me absolute evidence that your real. Then wait.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 22, 2005 02:14

ThatOnePlayer, an Easy answer is to look at the rule book (there is a section on gays violating the rules)and if they don't change they will be kicked out of the game. KJV.