#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Astrology and metaphysical > Chinese Astrology Can Be Full of Surprises Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Chinese Astrology Can Be Full of Surprises
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 23:49

Finding truth in Western Astrology. Reading the daily newspaper horoscopes seemed a farce when predictions or advice suggested activities with my "non-existing" spouse -- or the mood for the day was a complete opposite for my experience. Reading Western Astrology was like a fool's entertainment for this Capricorn who felt compelled to read it every day for the purpose of proving it would fail to meet my daily scenario.
During my weekly bookstore browse, I discovered a good collection of Chinese Astrology books and after exploring a stack, I purchased my first two by Shelly Wu. Her translations seemed very standard for English plus one text addressed sexual compatability and that was fun. I enjoyed those two so much that I bought three more by Damian Sharp, THeadora Lau, and Man-Ho Kwok. I've used them with friends who have met new potential partners and we enjoyed sections about a few dates from some websites.
All friends have been amazed at how these writers, especially Wu, have captured the personalities of the person. It is best to know the year and even the time of birth, if possible when doing the profile.
I happen to be a rabbit with metal as my earth sign. The books showed that instead of Capricorn, I should be more inclined to act like a Pisces in Western Horoscopes. I love the water so much, I'm not surprised.
Has anyone else out there looked into Chinese Astrology? What were your experiences?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 04, 2010 13:20

I am a metal monkey I believe...I know I am monkey for sure.

The Chinese astrology fits me better and more accurately than western astrology does. I am a Gemini, but I do not exhibit a lot of the Gemini traits, some yes. I fit more into the 3rd Decan of Gemini, but even that is not as accurate as I have found the Monkey to be.

What is that book by Shelly Wu called? I might want to look for it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 14, 2008 10:33

I FIND IT TO BE QUITE ACCURATE. I'M A DOG, AND EVERYTHING THAT IT SAYS ABOUT ME, ACCORDING TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY IS QUITE TRUE.
MORE SO, I THINK, THAN OUR ASTROLOGY. IT ALL FACINATES ME.
THANKS FOR POSTING.
REBECCA

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 10, 2008 23:07

yup u mean fengshui?

I got a paid personalize report. It was cool. I love it. I am Chinese, too. :)