#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Message board > How do you find a good friend? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
How do you find a good friend?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2005 17:16

I'll admit I'm too shy for words, but others don't see that, infact they don't see me at all. Those who do speak to me aren't exactly friendly to me. I feel as though friends are hard to come by. . . how do you find a good friend?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2005 21:37

Darling Katie, Have you saved enough money for that plane ticket yet? They cannot hold our reservation forever.

To clue you in. I am the shy sweet innocent type.

As far as your comment about not dating until 20, "Liar Liar Pants on Fire." You're so gorgeous girl that I KNOW you had boys lining up around the block just to ask you out.

Sunnee, my daughter is shy like me. I encourage her each and every moment to speak up for what she desires. I want her to be a very loving and strong, confident woman.

My advice, spoil yourself. Treat yourself kindly. Dress well. Smile because life is wonderful. Take a chance once a week. Say Hi to someone you don't even know. It could be at the grocery store, work, Starbucks (if they have them in your neighboorhood).

I know you have great potential.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2005 02:18

Sunnee ... Mel is NOT shy! He's a nutman and a laugh a minute.
Honey, when I was little, my mother hated conceited people. She used to always tell me, "Don't be thinking you're so special, because you're not! You're no better than anyone else in this house! " And, of course, when you become a teenager, you can't take your eyes off a mirror and I would get chastized with, "Stop staring in that mirror all the time! That's conceit! And a show off!"
Well, is it a wonder I grew up shy? I didn't have a boyfriend until I was 20! My mother used to tell me that drawing pictures and writing silly stories was not a JOB. That I shouldn't think I'm better than anyone else, ... because I had a lot I could improve on!
But one day I looked a t my work and my assets and my skills and I thought, "I'm going to make myself the best I can afford. And NOBODY has the skill clusters I do or can do some things better than me. I'm a great person and I deserve to spend my life having fun, meeting new people and feeling great about myself!"
From that day ... I stopped being shy and started making friends. I think you can do the same and soon the offers of dates will come in. Just beware of wolves in sheeps' clothing. Not you Mel! lol
Good luck sweet.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 12, 2005 23:19

Sunnee, Don't worry about being shy. Believe it or not but I am extremely shy when it comes to new people/groups. It takes me a while to get to know people and warm up.

The thing about me is I keep swinging the bat. Take a chance sweetie.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 12, 2005 21:40

I wanted to be like all my friends so put one of my best pics on....but that darn Mel always does me one better. Boy, I'm sleepy.......

Oh and there's nothing wrong with being shy -- it's who you are. In time you'll get more comfortable with it all....give it time and make small advances.
Annie

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 12, 2005 19:11

Sunnee, Where's your kitty picture?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 12, 2005 12:48

btw, Chief2u, the cat/bird picture is the funniest thing!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 12, 2005 12:41

Thanks. I guess I shouldn't expect people to come to me unless I make an effort to speak as well. Being shy is not an excuse.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 12, 2005 07:28

BTW, acquaintance is lot like prerogative, that is, no one pronounces it like it is actually spelled.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 12, 2005 07:27

Just like Sweet said.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2005 23:55

Hey Sweetie, Isn't Sunnee a little cutie? Let's adopt her.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2005 22:29

Sunnee, Mel is absolutely right, even if he can't spell acquaintance, LOL....to put it short and sweet, in order to have friends, you have to be one. Being shy is very hard, though, my youngest was painfully shy most of her life.....so just be there for people and you'll find some real friends.
Annie

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2005 22:04

For me it's simple. I treat everyone kindly. I'll be there in case you need me. I expect you to be there for me when I need you.

I have a lot of very good friends. On the other hand, I have many, many more acquantances. The acquantances (i hope i spelled it correctly) are fun and I like being with them. But I don't expect them to be there for me.

I hope this helps.