MillionaireMatch & Luxury Forum > Family > Screw Marriage Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Screw Marriage
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 24, 2005 05:29

Bonnie, I've never specifically heard of the French term 'LAT,' but I did make a topic once called, 'The Perfect Relationship-His & Hers. That's basically what it was about. Married or unmarried, the two involved not living under the same roof. Just spending agreed upon time together, and then going back to their respective homes separately. I never thought I'd feel that way. First time I got married to the love of my life at 19, it was dreams of happily ever after, white picket fence, etc, etc. Now it's, 'I love my own space and don't want to get back into that day to day grind with another man. I figure it won't won't work out anyway. Not if we live in the same house. Trouble always happens when a man and a woman spend that much time together.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 23, 2005 11:16

Ever heard of the French concept of LAT- Living Apart Together..which means you only get together to go on holidays, companionship and fun and frolicking and then you go back to your respective responsibilities and home..that way you only see the best in each other and spare each other of the nitty gritty boring mundane grind...a bit like an affair of the heart with no strings attached...that could be a good proposition for those who are afraid of the full hog of what marriage and LTR entail..a sort of trial system and could well work out long term without the angst of divorce and painful break ups...speciallyrecommended for those who do not want kids and extended families.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 13:15

YrKnightMare, well I kinda got that impression from reading your posts. What do you like to do in your spare time? Don't tell me, let me guess! Screw? lmao! (just kidding around with you, don't take it seriously)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 03, 2005 05:57

Saoirse, I think I like the sound of those traditions! lol