#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Religion > NO SUCH THING AS EASTER Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
NO SUCH THING AS EASTER
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 17, 2005 05:27

Spoil - I am NOT a member, I did NOT send you a message.

I wouldn't waste the effort in doing so for a loser like you. A foul-mouthed loser at that!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 17, 2005 03:09

GIFTFROMHELL, now, you are going to deny you said i could go to hades???? You are truly nuts. Oh, assuming is the going thing on this site i suppose, i dont recall saying i was or wasnt a christian.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 21:25

Tony,
very interesting and informative 2 postings. Wish others could inform on their beliefs like that instead of attacking others ideas or beliefs.
I always wondered what the heck did baskets, chocolate, bunnys, chicks and eggs have to do with Easter anyways?
As a kid, it just mean we got a new Sunday outfit and a skipping rope. As with most holidays, this has got out of hand.
Thanks for the background info.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 20:46

GIFTFROMHELL, Profane????? You have to be kidding me. Bad memory huh? I do believe you are the one that has a foul mouth and you are the one that sent me a message telling me to go to somewhere and that one was deleted by support. Had five of mine removed huh? Now, you have become a liar or a dreamer - which is it? I know, you were just wishing - werent you?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 05:07

I did NOT tell you to go anywhere! Someone else did!

Get your facts right, you supposed God-fearing Christian

My work has nothing to do with you.

Go wherever you like, as long as it is at least 1000 miles away from me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 15, 2005 05:32

Spoil - I have had FIVE of your foul-mouthed, profane, vulgar postings removed.

Call yourself a Christian? How dare you!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 10:45

Spoil - you are the most foul-mouthed, rude, objectionable excuse for a man who ever walked the earth. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. There is no wonder that you dare not tell us what religion you are supposed to be.

Having read your posts there is no woman on MM who would want to date you. Can you not see how objectionable you are?

Cut it out. You have been reported by several of us. I would watch your step if I were you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 08:57

A quick quote my dear dad use to say(he had a wonderful soul)....TAKE THE GOOD FLESH FROM THE BIBLE AND SPIT THE BONES OUT............

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 04:25

Toney, that was a great post. You obviously are very knowledgable however, you will see that the unbelievers will try and poke fun at what you write. They are trash so, ignor.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 04:22

Gift, heres one for you. 1 Cor.3:20, "the Lord knows the thoughts of the wise but, they are vain". Dont you watch, "The Apprentice"? The incomes of the street wise people were three times the book worm ones.If winning a debate is the big thing with you based on education level, brag on - want to try and match bank accounts? My oldest sister had that same hang up until i told her that she could talk all she wanted about education but, bottom line was, i made $32,000.00 the previous month, how much did she make? End of debate.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 04:13

NOTHOT, well, you are behind two. I had three of yours removed because of your filthy mouth.Keep it up. I love it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 02:59

The name of the Easter holiday is merely a modern rendition of the name Ishtar. Unlike the true biblical holiday it replaces, the Passover, it is not fixed to a given date (13 Nisan in the case of Passover), but rather occurs on the Sunday following the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox, just as did the rite of spring. It features the pagan symbols of fertility of bunnies, eggs, and spring grasses in a basket. It features another high day nowhere ordained in the Bible called Good Friday. Remember the significance of Friday? The Catholic Church, which was notorious for blending pagan traditions into a corruption of the biblical religion, justified Good Friday by claiming that it commemorated the crucifixion, but Christ cannot have been crucified on Friday. We are plainly told that Christ spent three days and three nights in the tomb. Do the math.

In short, Easter is not a corruption of a biblical holiday. It is an utterly pagan holiday with a little bit of Christian window dressing. Even the name of the holiday and its date are based entirely upon pagan traditions. Perhaps we would do well to bear in mind what happened to the Israelites as a result of their observance of pagan rites.

Judges 10:6-7
6 And the children of Israel did evil again in the sight of the LORD, and served Baalim, and Ashtaroth, and the gods of Syria, and the gods of Zidon, and the gods of Moab, and the gods of the children of Ammon, and the gods of the Philistines, and forsook the LORD, and served not him.

7 And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel, and he sold them into the hands of the Philistines, and into the hands of the children of Ammon.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 13, 2005 15:10

Have you ever wondered where the odd trappings of such holidays as Easter come from? After all, where does the Bible mention bunnies or eggs? Why does the Easter holiday fall on seemingly random Sundays in April? Where does Good Friday come from? What about Easter baskets? For that matter, what is the origin of the word ?Easter? itself, given that it nowhere appears in the Bible?

Anyone who has actually read the Bible will surely be aware that the nation of Israel was notorious for repeatedly backsliding into the pagan practices of their neighbors. Yahweh repeatedly punished the Israelites for these lapses, but it seemed that they could go for no more than a few generations without repeating their error. Some things never change.

Among the paganisms the Israelites repeatedly fell into was the cult of Ishtar. Also known as Astarte, Isis, Venus, Freya (in the Germanic), Kali (in the Indus Valley) and other names, was featured in virtually every polytheistic religion of the time. She was alternately a goddess of war and of fertility/sexual love. Most of the rites associated with her veneration were quite licentious. These included the use of little figurines known as Ashteroth used as sexual aids. Ishtar appears in most of the ancient epic stories of the Mesopotamian region, such as Enuma Elish and the Gilgamesh Epic. As Isis, she is well represented in Egyptian lore.

The high festival of Ishtar was the Rite of Spring, a pagan fertility rite. The rite commenced on the first full moon following the vernal equinox. The high day of the festival was on the Ishtar?s day of the week, Friday. As a matter of fact, Friday receives its name from Ishtar?s northern European equivalent, Freya (as all our days of the week are derived from the names of pagan gods, plus the sun and the moon). In Italian and the other romantic languages, the name of the day is derived from the Roman equivalent, Venus (venerdi). The festival also featured the sacrifice of symbols of fertili...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 14:06

I had your post removed Spoil.....now stop spewing your venom.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 05:51

Spoil - so I am looking for a man like you ?????

That is the most ludicrous suggestion I have ever heard in my life!!

You would not last one hour in conversation with me. I spend my quality time with men whom have intelligent sensible conversation, who are capable of speaking one sentence without bringing the bible or JC into the equation.

Dream on............

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 16:30

PS - Posting different ages is FUN and messes with OLD MEN like you! You may not remember, but you used to write me with interest.....so at one point, I guess I wasn't so UGLY and AWFUL!! hahahahahhahahahahhhaaa

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 16:29

Spoil, leave agiftfromheaven alone. You don't know her either. She is WAY TOO smart for your dumb azz!! You are old and ugly, I don't know why you are on this site! You are like a venomous snake.....slink away before someone reports your abuse.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 16:27

thanks for the support ladies.....I appreciate it greatly! I happen to have a lot of friends on this site and adding new ones all the time.

I was raised Catholic, worst years of my life, and I went through confirmation. Who cares how the words are used, if you don't like what someone writes, then don't read it! Weirdo!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 11:39

Spoil -

I can think of a dozen more suitable handles for you than the one you have, none of them able to be published here!!!

This is not your personal forum to slag off anyone else who posts here, or those of us who don't agree with you and your bible.

Your religious beliefs are YOURS and no-one else's.
The same way that my religion is MINE and not yours. I have a right to follow any spiritual path that I wish to follow. There are many pathways to God, not Christ, to God.

I am writing a book too but I will not be doing as you are doing and gaining free publicity on this Forum. Actually, methinks that you will have done the image for your book more harm than good!

Oh and by the way,I will not be changing my handle in order to please you in any way.

You believe what you wish, I don't care what you believe, I am not here to change your pathway, or to enhance yours.

I am a Spiritualist, I have always been a Spiritualist and I always will be. If you, or anyone else, doesn't like that then that is your problem not mine.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 11:26

Well, Spoil, you have stooped very low this time, have you not?

You need a few appointments at my clinic!

I deal with people in my clinic every day of the week that have your self-obsessed notion of grandeur!!

As for the rest of the gibberish, I shall ignore it!!

I will argue all I want to! Or does it say in the Bible that a woman may not argue with a man who is spouting rubbish? Just because you are man does not mean that you know what you are speaking for your posts dictate otherwise. As other posters on this Forum will undoubtedly agree!
I will argue against the rubbish that you spout any day of the week. Why? Because I know for certain that you are spouting nonsense!!

The Bible contradicts itself on EVERYTHING!! From the first page to the last, except for one subject.

I don't have any ex, so you are wrong there too!!!

You do no know your Bible any more or less than any other Bible student that I have ever met. The LDS's, the JW's, the Pentecostals, to name but three all have Bible classes on a weekly basis to have the scriptures rehashed for them under their own banner of "religion".