#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Cultures and Education > Recommend a book! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Recommend a book!
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 10, 2013 07:17

There seem to be a lot of people on here who, like me, really enjoy a good book, but don't have time for all the bad ones out there. 

So, let's recommend books here and see if we can't share some literary inspiration. 

My recommendation for holiday/weekend fiction is:

Steven Sherill "The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break" - it's a surreal tale of the Minotaur 'M' working as a chef in the modern day USA. 

Anyone else who read and enjoyed it let me know  :) 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 30, 2013 09:55

Hm

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 12, 2013 11:41

This Is How You Lose Her, by Junot Diaz:

reminds us that racism has many flavors, and catches us with a love story as well.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Oct 21, 2013 01:52

I'm a fan of tomb raiding thrillers..... I have got to suggest Matthew Reilly's work. The second and third best that I've discovered thus far, are Andy McDermott and Will Adams. I also have to recommend "The Breath of God" by Jeffrey Small if you also like adventurous thrillers that involve uncovering the origins of world religions. 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 11, 2013 05:03

Antonin Scalia has some journal articles on the topic- his legal points really set the scene for Bonilla-Silva's arguments on 'color-blind racism'.

For the Australians George Williams "Australian Constitutional Law and Theory" is a good introduction to the Australian constitutional problems that legalise forms of racism. I think he's planning another book that will expand on that a lot more. 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 10, 2013 16:23

Racism without Racist by EDUARDO BONILLA-SILVA. This book will have you take a real look at yourself and implicit bias that ALL humans have.  If you truly strive to become a better human being then this book is a must read.