#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Friendship > Friendship is better than marriage! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Friendship is better than marriage!
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 26, 2005 16:23

Bonnie88 write:
Friendship is better than marriage-
in different scenarios but same question:
When you meet someone and realise in time he /she maybe the life partner that you are looking for, but he /she may not be available or in a circumstance to marry you..
Would you choose to remain friends if marriage is not possible?
But if you do that it might jeopardise his/her marriage or your own because you realise it is the sort of dangerous friendship which might develop to an illegitimate liaison?
Some people make better friends than spouses..but if you reject them as spouse , they walk away and refuse to be a friend..what then?

Bonnie, from experience, if you value each others friendship, then it can work out. But I think only if it can remain platonic. The moment a romantic liason becomes a possibility...then I think trouble is not far behind. I have a male acquaintance of 8 yrs. I value his friendship too much to lose it. I don't think we'd last as a couple; hence I'd probably lose his friendship forever ... so a romantic liason is not an option I'd even consider.

A couple who have been married for years, and share kids...is different. I have remained friends with my ex, it has been very beneficial to my kids. I agree with you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Apr 26, 2005 13:45

A good reason to get stranded on an island with a friend you might want to marry, eh Bonnie?
You can run, but you can't hide!!

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 04:29

Friendship is better than marriage-
in different scenarios but same question:
When you meet someone and realise in time he /she maybe the life partner that you are looking for, but he /she may not be available or in a circumstance to marry you..
Would you choose to remain friends if marriage is not possible?
But if you do that it might jeopardise his/her marriage or your own because you realise it is the sort of dangerous friendship which might develop to an illegitimate liaison?
Some people make better friends than spouses..but if you reject them as spouse , they walk away and refuse to be a friend..what then?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 25, 2005 03:56

I believe having friendships, is the way to go. As long as your honest upfront before meeting someone. As long as you stay friends, I think theirs less drama in the relationship. And if the friendship lasts, you never know what the future holds.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 02:56

BUt even if the marriage fails..is it not better to remain friends ..at least for the kids' sake..
A good husband /wife should be a friend for life ...
the companion through the storms and fine weather..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 20, 2005 23:49

Wow! Finally something I can be a mentor on -- something everyone does what they want to do, anyway!

Hey, I was a very bright young lady from a great family. I dated only the best and believed, wholly, that the one I married would be my best friend. I married that man when I was 29. He's still my best friend. But, unfortunately, a friend is not a husband.

Be careful of categorizing too much. All that you say has true merit. Just, listen to your heart.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 20, 2005 20:53

I agree with Kisses.

Marriage will naturally fall into place with your best friend.

But KK, a seed? Are you trying to date a plant honey? Good to see your smiling face again.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 20, 2005 02:14

As much as marriage seemd to be the pinnacle of a relationship for many...it is having that best friend that is the seed to a lasting relationship...marriage would fall into place, but shouldn't have sooo much emphasis....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 16, 2005 19:47

Ostara, very good?...I think the person that you are going to marry and live with is going to be your best friend or why bother. To laugh with, to play with, to cry with, who understands you, who can finish your sentence or even understand your sentence when one of you screw your words up. If you don?t have that, what?s the point of getting married? You can just get a partner to play with.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 15, 2005 15:32

Hmmm..... intriguing. This is a very interesting topic to me as I am dodging the marriage draft at the moment. Maybe that's because I actually haven't found the right one. But I think I'm afraid someone if going to smother my independence. On the otherhand, I DON'T want a pushover. I need someone who can challenge me.... have you ever met someone that you could listen to a song with and not even need to say a word. That's powerful!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 21:38

In my personal opinion: the friendship is one of the most things in the life...!!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 11:46

I'm looking for friends who have similar interests. I'm professional educated in cigong, yoga, astrology and want to create foundation in memoriam to one my friend and teacher - very famous russian astrologist and not only...
Need to do many good thing in this earts...
Ask me : ))))

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 16:44

Well, i have to say, friendship is a good start anyways! Marrige sometimes ruines that, friendship is unconditional, without reserve or judgement. I'm looking forward to a friendship i might be able to have and to hold ,on here. And! i'm not paying for that!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 31, 2005 13:41

Friendship is the foundation of all relationship. The marriage vows we take often apply aptly to friends too. In sickness and in health , for richer or for poorer, real friends stick by you..or at least when they split they won't be taking half your assets..and often they outlive and outlast marriage and spouses..
So this MM site should be one for friendship first before anything else..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 21, 2005 05:59

I so agree with this. No one can ever have too many friends. Sometimes you can't be on the same level of friendship with your mate either.