#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Wrong Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Wrong
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 08, 2005 13:53

After not exactly getting many ladies to reply, I decided to check out a few 'guys' profiles. Maybe I am not saying the right things. Well, after reading "Calif. Sugar Daddy"s profile, I realize this place ain't for me. It's all about the money, I'm a tad short of 10M....by about 10M....Come on, does anyone tell the truth here?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 11:36

Robert, I wouldn't worry so much about the people who post 10M annual salaries or savings. I'm sure that the majority are well below that ( AND I MEAN WELL BELOW THAT). Don't concern yourself about that. I think most people are on the level, but I know most people on this site aren't millionaires as the url suggets. I thought this would be a great place to meet women who have the means to travel and get away on the moments notice, but I'm finding that it's not. And that's okay. For me now, this site has turned into a good way to socialize online with people who have a little bit of intelligence. It appears that there are many people looking for love and this site does suggest that security can be obtained in the process. There are gold diggers here, but in all honesty there are practical people here as well. Is a woman who is looking for a stable, financially secure man a gold digger? No, I think she or he is just smart. I'd much rather be secure with someone than wonder where my next meal is coming from. I don't people like the paycheck to paycheck lifestyle. But, that's just me. I think younger (early 20s & mid 20s) women fall in LOVE for the true definition of the word. Over time, money (or lack of it) does play a role in the diminishing existence of LOVE between 2 young people. Money is one of the top 3 reasons people divorce, you know. And the rate as we all know is 50%.

Just hang in there and keep sending emails or posts on this ridicously boring forum (they need one that allows for immediate postings and responses). It's not about money, I think it's about attraction and security. If your profile (haven't looked at it) suggets that you can provide a stable lifestyle, I think you'll be okay. (But, you can't expect all people you are attracted too to be attracted to you either. It's a numbers game). People say that money does not make a person happy. True, but it does make life just a little bit more comfortable. It does eliminate...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 10, 2005 00:01

Robert, Sorry you haven't had a good experience yet. There are many nice people here, and I do want to say, for many of us, it's not really about the amount of money you may have, it's how you use what money you have....it makes all the difference in the world. It's also not about that, but about worth. Don't run off just yet, give yourself time to look around and write to some ladies in your area.....you never know!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 23:45

Yes, Robert, there are!Several of us have honest profiles and deal honestly with others.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 13:38

That depends on who you're asking - the women or the men? lol The women I've met on MM.com have never, to my knowledge, made any pretence toward being anyone other than who they say they are, but then, I'm not searching for a woman so I don't really know whether they're being truthful or not! There are men and women on this site who are millionaires and there are men and women who are not. Some come right out and say it and others are more discreet about their assets. What truth were you looking for?

I've met men on this dating site and others who post pics of themselves 10 years younger, 40 pounds lighter, who pretend to have money and don't, who pretend to have their own business when, in fact, they are unemployed and "wish" they owned a business .... but that's okay! That's what you do on the dating sites. It's like investigative work. You see a pic you like, you get to know the person and maybe click and maybe don't. Vulnerable, gentle, shy but cautious girls do it every day. They don't leave the site because it hasn't worked out in a few months because men aren't being honest! You just roll your eyes skyward, block the charletan and move on. Simple.
And not everyone here is looking for money out of greed. Some are just not into a bus ride to dinner out once a month at Arby's for a Super value meal with a coupon. They want fine dining, good wine, dreamy atmosphere and wonderful company ... and are prepared to give the date with the income to afford all that a marvelous evening of great humour, scintillating conversation and "eye candy" for them to gaze at across the table, in return.
Don't give up! What's the alternative? A satellite dish so you can sit at home every night alone?

Cheers,
Katherine

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 12:40

Robert there are very few men on here that wealthy. 100,000 + is a better range for most. So don't be put off by it who knows if it's real. Many are not. Good luck you will find a lady worth their weight in gold..S4U

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 09, 2005 10:44

What sort of women are you trying to appeal to? Younger women? If so, I would suggest a different picture. I know many 50 year old men who don't look like Grandpa, so I know it's possible to do. If you're trying to appeal to women your own age, then I see nothing in your picture or your profile that would turn a woman off.

FWIW, I have found money is not important on this site as most would think at first glance. More than half the people here seem to be for real, and normal ppl looking for normal things. The rest of them are easy to spot.

/sao