#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Off topics > What is "Friends and More?" Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
What is "Friends and More?"
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 10:18

One thought comes immediately to mind, but posing the question out of curiousity.
Tell me, what does "Friends and More"
mean?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 04, 2011 19:27

I have no clue what "friends and more" means.  Like any relationship, it is best to DTR... define the relationship.  Ask the owner of those words.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 29, 2011 16:09

Friends and more means "friends with benefits (sex)". If a man wants this from you then he must not be good at relationships or he is in a relationship and wants some fun on the side.
Hold out for a gentleman.........

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 05, 2011 13:44

does any one believe in friendship any more does it have to be always about sex what about friendship with out sex you all are screwed up if you cant find some one that just wants friendship come on its not all about sex

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Aug 01, 2007 17:56

'Friends and more' is a rather odd choice of words, since it can indicate opposite sorts of people; either one who is innocently seeking friendship with the possibility of them morphing into Prince(ss) Charming, or else someone a bit more lecherous who is rather boldly seeking a two-for-one special.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jun 11, 2006 06:17

Very simply sex without complications. and if you believe in this good luck.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 13, 2006 01:19

Straight forward, open-ended Q. deserves straight forward A.
In a nutshell, disregard friends, have more ( sex not love ) without all the commitment! I'd check for STD's if you run with such Maveriks

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 30, 2006 02:23

sexyandee write:
i would take it to mean friends with benefits but not a booty call buddy.

Okay, then what are the "benefits"?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 04:15

i would take it to mean friends with benefits but not a booty call buddy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 20:56

hmmmmmmmmm

good friends that become aware of their comfort level when they interact, and take mutual steps to next level>acceptance,understanding, trust, its all about the dynamics that they privatly create> n of course moving to the next step the lambada dance and hot passionate steamy kiss with a king size bed beside them n I should stop with the info

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 02:04

Altruisticman write:
redhead524 write:
mean?

To me if a woman says "F.A.M." it means that she wants to take it slow, so if your in a rush please don't bother. However, sometimes it can mean that she seeks an exclusively, ongoing sexual relationship that affords her the opportunity to date without the pressures associated with an official title.

hmmm...I'm still a bit skeptical...And what does it mean when a man selects that category? I still get the neon signs that flashes boldy what Rob and I take it as.....But have to say you and Silver give me cause to pause and hope!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 20, 2006 14:16

redhead524 write:
mean?

To me if a woman says "F.A.M." it means that she wants to take it slow, so if your in a rush please don't bother. However, sometimes it can mean that she seeks an exclusively, ongoing sexual relationship that affords her the opportunity to date without the pressures associated with an official title.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 19, 2006 14:35

When I see the term "Friends and more" it translates for me as Friends OR More is the way I take it. In other words, the person is primarily looking for friendship ONLY. However, they are realistically thinking that if the friendship were strong enough they may wish for it to develop to MORE than just a traditional friendship and therefore would evolve into a sexual one.

Anyways, that's MY 2 cents worth on it!~ probably worth bout half that! grin..

C' Ya!
James

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jan 09, 2006 15:20

gcr9999 write:
if that is your definition of everyone gets what they want, it differs from mine...no offense...and if that make u happy good...just not what i would have in mind...take care

You told us what your definition wasn't, but didn't really express what your definition was...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2005 07:12

Oh, as I understand it, they are getting what they want from the "relationship" (and I use the term loosely) and have no need to progress it further.

Not sure on a gender bias... My last GF enjoyed getting together about once a week, but seemed to have no interest in expanding the "time together" window or in progressing our emotional closeness either for that matter. In the end, I had no interest in being simply "FridayBoy"...

If both involved are on the same page, you're right, everyone gets what they want, even if short lived.

But doesn't it usually end up that one wants more than the other (a reason they're short lived??)?

I don't think there's a gender bias either. Takes two!

Like you, I've been in that situation and long ago realized it doesn't work for me. I think that's one reason why I even choose my dates carefully.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 08:09

redhead524 write:

I guess that would depend on how you communicate, negotiate, and compromise in your relationships... LOL

I have a friend that is fed up with women not having enough time to date. His theory is have 3 different girlfriends, whom all live atleast 40 miles apart...

My brother-in-law's brother does it based on time division. He has no GF, but has "friends"... One is a weekly friend, one is a twice a month friend, and one is an every other month kinda thing that lives out of state.

At the risk of sounding too "Venus", I'm thinking one could substitute "juggling" for "communicating, negotiating & compromise"....(smiling)

It's been a long time since I dated more than one man at a time and as I recall, it really is a balancing act. Just to be clear, I did not "sleep" with all of them. It may sound old fashioned, but for me dating is exploring the potential. Once it goes to that next level, then there's a risk of heart that must be taken.

What do your friends do when one of their friends wants more from the relationship? Does a man view this situation differently if it's a woman who's doing this rather than a man?

And I guess if it's really still this common, I'd better go invest in "socks"! lol...

Oh, as I understand it, they are getting what they want from the "relationship" (and I use the term loosely) and have no need to progress it further.

Not sure on a gender bias... My last GF enjoyed getting together about once a week, but seemed to have no interest in expanding the "time together" window or in progressing our emotional closeness either for that matter. In the end, I had no interest in being simply "FridayBoy"...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 28, 2005 03:52

I guess that would depend on how you communicate, negotiate, and compromise in your relationships... LOL

I have a friend that is fed up with women not having enough time to date. His theory is have 3 different girlfriends, whom all live atleast 40 miles apart...

My brother-in-law's brother does it based on time division. He has no GF, but has "friends"... One is a weekly friend, one is a twice a month friend, and one is an every other month kinda thing that lives out of state.

At the risk of sounding too "Venus", I'm thinking one could substitute "juggling" for "communicating, negotiating & compromise"....(smiling)

It's been a long time since I dated more than one man at a time and as I recall, it really is a balancing act. Just to be clear, I did not "sleep" with all of them. It may sound old fashioned, but for me dating is exploring the potential. Once it goes to that next level, then there's a risk of heart that must be taken.

What do your friends do when one of their friends wants more from the relationship? Does a man view this situation differently if it's a woman who's doing this rather than a man?

And I guess if it's really still this common, I'd better go invest in "socks"! lol...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 14:12

redhead524 write:

robtest write:
A friend that you sleep with... No one can have too many friends! LOL

I am laughing...that's what my thought was but then I said surely my mind is in the gutter, who would make a category for that?! lololol

One cannot have too many friends, but can one have too many friends they "sleep" with?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 10:17

robtest write:

I am laughing...that's what my thought was but then I said surely my mind is in the gutter, who would make a category for that?! lololol

One cannot have too many friends, but can one have too many friends they "sleep" with?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 27, 2005 06:01

redhead524 write:
One thought comes immediately to mind, but posing the question out of curiousity.
Tell me, what does "Friend and More"
mean?