#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Friendship > Long Distance Relationships - your thoughts requested... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Long Distance Relationships - your thoughts requested...
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 30, 2005 01:05

long distance sux, but if ur mature, ur
bound to make it work
just rememebr to visit each other often

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 03, 2005 01:33

True, but think if you never tried it out, you will always think "what if" and you will never know..... you only live 1 time, so get the best out of it, I hope you will out there :-)

Have a wonderful day :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 23, 2005 02:43

www..you are in the right category..if you got the libido
you will be the hottest gigolo
a harem who will pay as you go
at anytime IM sex ratio
will show
it's 1:4 or more
in your favor for sure

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 22, 2005 20:59

Bonnie, does this mean I should start my harem now - that the time is right? oh goodie.

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 09:44

Moon..you are too kind ..thanks for being my fan..
do you reckon there are more female than male on this site..I wonder if MM officials will reveal the sex ratio..
LTR and LAT work well too in addressing the imbalance in male/female ratio of certain age groups....it could erase the illegitimacy of polygamy..and softens the stigma of extra marital liaison..mainly because the level of commitment is being revised and continues to be redefined by the individual and the group dynamics
...Morality through the ages is a platform that floats in the water of humanity from which we launch and take our dives at life..it continues to be remodelled , chipped, redefined..even rebuilt to accomodate the needs of the survivors. Change is the only constant factor in life..so as people's lifestyles change, so will their needs, emotional and physical and therefore social norms need to be reviewed and revised..to accomodate these changes..I know such advant garde and daring views that I raise will invite outcry and huge debate..but this is what this site should do..to provoke , encourage thought and debate..welcome aboard..this moving platform

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 08:12

Bonnie, as usual... you make so much sense... I love reading your posts.... and in this case, you make it encouraging to have an LTR and LAT... lol

Panther, I agree with you too and welcome to the Forum...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2005 05:13

Sometimes it isn't the distance that ends a relationship, I have had a long distance relationship, with a 7000 miles distance!!!

In the end it's all about chemistry and the desire to be with that person. If it's right then it's right, things will happen and situations will change to accommodate a real and sincere love that is meant.

If only more people followed their hearts and not their heads, so many answers would not be needed as the questions would not need to be asked....

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 04, 2005 02:09

In this fast shrinking world of global travel and instant communication, LTR is no longer an exception ...distance gives space in relationships..absence makes the heart grow fonder OR it could also be OUt of sight out of mind...chemistry and love should theoretically know no distance..and if at all the distance is the intrigue...and magic..the excuse to meet for that special rendevous and the anticipation of meeting after long hard planning and it means if u really love each other u make that special effort..the real test of true love..
where is the romance if everything comes in convenient compact packages?
LAT-Living Apart Together-a FRench concept on the rise works well for two career minded working parties who have their respective careers in different countries but meet for love and romance...so u rarely find time to fight..it is quality time u want...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Apr 02, 2005 03:51

I had been in some long distant relationship before.I meant really long distant,across the ocean. It was hard at the beginning but I believe in faith and we were end up together. But when we were together. We have more fight than we were apart.My point is a long distant relationship is sometimes doesn't show you the original charaters.It seems all look sweet and lovey duby.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 01, 2005 14:46

I personaly dont like long distance , its hard enough these days to have a relationship with someone in your own area. But then you never know.......my opinion is find someone local you need to spend time together to get to know each other and build that realtionship, it doesnt happen on the phone or threw emails.......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 31, 2005 10:06

Love knows no distance. Always follow your heart for it will never lead you wrong.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 30, 2005 00:37

If you want it to work and she's special enough to make it work, you have no choice but to try....trust me.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2005 12:21

Why is there no hopes of moving closer together? perhaps what you should be looking at is the real obstacle in your relationship....

What is it that could keep two people in love apart from each other?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 28, 2005 10:52

I had a similar experience , a long distance relationship, or tried to have one. I can say it is really very hard, i dont care how much you have in common,.When you do get to see each other, it is very painful to part, I felt such a loss at times, when we couldnt see one another. we were totally in Love, and did everything possible to make it work, I met him in Fl. he was here on business, still comes here at least once a month, but we have drifted apart, we still email, and call, and will always be friends , We sometimes meet for a drink, and almost go back to where we were, it is very hard, but I was not ready to move at that time, still had my daughter at home, but even now that she has left for college, I wouldnt recommend a long distance relationship to anyone, UNLESS, you are willing to relocate, or just choose to be friends,
Thats how i feel anyway

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 27, 2005 08:49

If there is no chance of either of you moving, then there is no sense in pursuing it as a romantic involvement.

Simply change your way of thinking about her and she becomes a valued friend. But be aware that if you meet someone eventually (which you will) or she does, your respective partners may ask that you discontinue this platonic online friendship. And that is understandable, but it can hurt...although not the same level of hurt when there has been romantic involvement. Does that help you?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 27, 2005 06:24

Hi there ... you just asked a cotton-pickin' mouthful! Great question. I've been through this before. I think it IS possible to pursue a long-distance relationship but it takes real commitment from both sides and lots of patience but in the end I think inevitably one or the other will have to consider relocating because obviously you can't go on living far apart forever if you have real feelings for each other. It does get very frustrating. Personally I would prefer to meet someone very close to where I live (I currently live in N.Europe but will be in FLA soon hence my location in my profile) but what I've learned is that just because someone lives in your town or down the street from you does NOT guarantee that he/she will be the right one for you and more compatible or trustworthy than someone you have met online who lives 1000 miles away. I know what I'm talking about cuz I've just been through that!
I'm always optimistic about long-distance relationships and I am always willing to do what it takes to make one work - but that's perhaps also because I am willing to relocate! It's not easy for sure but if both sides are serious about the other person I think it can work in the long-run. Would be a darn shame to break up with your "soulmate" ONLY because of the distance problem (assuming everything else is great).
Wish you all the best - let us know how it works out!
:-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 27, 2005 04:09

My love,
I have solved all of your problems.
Forget that other silly woman. I will move there directly......I can easily see a wonderful man like you should never be allowed to get moldy like old cheese..........

All of my love,
Julia