#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Friendship > Long Distance Relationships - your thoughts requested... Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Long Distance Relationships - your thoughts requested...
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 25, 2005 17:02

A dilemna - when you believe chemistry exists with someone thousands of miles away (obviously based on words, feelings, thoughts, and pictures shared) and there does not appear to be any short-term hope that either person could move close to the other...would you continue to pursue a relationship which may always be unrealistic in terms of being together, or stop pursuing altogether? I'd appreciate your thoughtful and sincere answers.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 13, 2009 18:24

Quoting Peasantprince:

A dilemna - when you believe chemistry exists with someone thousands of miles away (obviously based on words, feelings, thoughts, and pictures shared) and there does not appear to be any short-term hope that either person could move close to the other...would you continue to pursue a relationship which may always be unrealistic in terms of being together, or stop pursuing altogether? I'd appreciate your thoughtful and sincere answers.

Hello I beleive if its meant to be by Gods hands then you ll be with that person.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 29, 2009 20:17

you saw each other exclusively?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Mar 16, 2008 02:18

Its a very difficult one that. I am in a very similar situation. I am hoping that time will sort it out one way or another. I am not afraid, of the distance, I am more afraid of the two possible outcomes. One is that when we meet and we ARE going to ,If it works What do we do then? It brings to mind the eternal LDR connundrum. Who relocates? Obviously, a lot of water has to flow under the bridge first but its as well to keep an eye on the end game. The alternative is that it becomes too much of a strain and it all ends in tears. Very difficult all round. One thing I know is this. We none of us know whats roung the corner. I wont pass by the chance for love no matter how far away they are Let the chips fall where they may.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 09, 2008 23:40

I think when two people are in a long distance relationship it can be healthier and more loving. When you have total access to a person physically all the time it can prohibit you from getting to know that person mentally. Getting into a persons mind instead of their bed can create incredible intimacy.If you find your soul mate for sure I believe you will come together eventually. Even if it takes 20 years it is worth the wait.We are all on here seeking a connection that we don't have. Maybe emailing (the new letter writing) is the way to connect to your beautiful soul mate out here in cyber space. When you are connected to the right person you are never lonely that person is always with you.Or I am just hoping that is the way it will be

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 29, 2007 06:30

I might keep it as a special friendship without demandings just enjoying each others company . there are important messages that people should get .
who knows it could turn into something deeper .

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 15, 2006 14:42

I might carry on some sort of a pen-pal relationship with someone out-of-state, but that's probably as far as it could ever go. I've tried it before, and besides the obvious obstacle of the distance itself and lack of any time spent with them, is how deception-friendly such an arrangement is. The guy turned out to be already living with another woman, but agreed to go find an apartment with me without telling either of us about the other person. Last person I dated lived ACROSS THE STREET from me, and even though we aren't still together, it was much nicer as far as nobody hiding anything important from the other, and being able to spend time with one another pretty much whenever we wanted to.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 07, 2006 20:23

I've been in several LDRs and some work and some don't. I ended up marrying a guy that I met from online. We were married for 4 years, but it was the worst relationship I've been a part of. I think the more you make time to see each other, the more successful the relationship might be.
I am currently in a LDR that has been going on for 3 years now. It's been a struggle, but we've managed to keep it together. Will this one last? Who knows.
LDRs can be emotionally draining and you often question yourself if the time spent waiting on this person is/was well worth it. There are just so many men and women who promise you the world and can't even promise you the shirt off their back. So I think the wise thing to do is be cautious of who you get involved with long distance.
Lots of people lie about who they are and whether or not they are married and have children. That's the last thing I want is to be caught up in a love triangle, especially one that involves children.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 07, 2006 09:48

sharp1 write:
Peasantprince write:

If there is no possibility of ever moving together, what is to stop you from just maintaining a wonderful friendship with that person. Maybe one day you'd meet, but if by then you are both in another relationship, you will always just remain the best of friends. It's not impossible with opposite genders you know! :-)

The key word is "friendship". In the meantime while trying to figure out if there is a way to finally be together, keep your options and your heart open to another. You cant spend the rest of your life hoping to be with someone that you will never see, and meanwhile blowing off the one that you were meant to be with. I believe that if youre meant to be together, then it will happen. But if we are talking about someone on the opposite side of the world, and you havent found a possibility of meeting then try to open your heart to someone new. Its sad.
Hey sharp, I love your new photo! I didnt realize that was you at first.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 07, 2006 02:06

So many words could expressed my feelings for you, but these few words say it best i care for you,
hillary

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 03, 2006 15:53

Peasantprince write:

If there is no possibility of ever moving together, what is to stop you from just maintaining a wonderful friendship with that person. Maybe one day you'd meet, but if by then you are both in another relationship, you will always just remain the best of friends. It's not impossible with opposite genders you know! :-)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Apr 23, 2006 07:20

Peasantprince write:

Prince, If there is no possibility that either of you will move closer to the other, then you need to make a decision. Sure you know that the emotional aspect of the friendship is wonderful, but the reality of physically being with that person doesnt always match up. You can be emotionally bonded to someone and find that you have no physical chemistry. I dont know how many times youve waited to meet someone from far away, but Ive found many times that the physical was missing something. Its heart breaking, realizing the person you love has no effect on you anymore. So just keep in mind, that she needs to remain a penpal and open your heart to someone that will be able to move closer. Its not always in your best interest to feel a closeness to someone that you may never see. they could possibly in the future, set you up to send them money. That wasnt meant as a slap in the face, but that is the reality of online romances. Sometimes they are not really as they seem to your heart. Whatever you do, dont ever send money my dear! No matter how much you think you love her.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 08:27

i think anytime you can give and receive love that space and time are of no consequence. Love is all we really have at the end of our day/lives. you can always find me at flyingheart2 at the major mail dudes. cya.. talk soon

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 10:28

LDR can be compared to the pen-pals I had in latency years.
I preffer to have my man with in 45 min. distance from my house-
LDR=Not for a serious relationship I couldn't do it-

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 18, 2006 10:34

Met a man named Pocono Slim,
went all the way to Philly,
to reel him in,
Got to California,
and things went sour,
took a year to undo,
what started in an hour.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 02, 2006 04:02

owhitfield_77429 write:
I have factual data about long distance relationships. I reside in TX, and I met a great guy in Idaho. we called, and web cammed each other to death, and even flew once a month. He decided to move down here, and then it fell apart. This was a great guy, but because he was hurt in the past, he had a jealousy and trust issue. I would have gladly married him, but I can't deal with such situations. To answer your question, sure, anything is possible if BOTH persons WANT it to happen, it cannot be one sided. Love is a wonderful pain.

I to can say I have experienced the LD from ladies I met on MM. Before you go into the relationship you must honestly determine and DISCUSS if you would be willing to move. This was one of the issues that could not be overcome.

Would I do it again yes.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 20, 2006 07:19

Long Distance does not work unless one or both are willing to compromise to come together.

Plus, if either person loved each other as much as they claim then they would make it happen and none of the stuff like 'Im not ready to move' and yada yada would enter your mind, so if the relationship was all you claim it to be then you both would be together with no 'Ands, If's or But's"

And if you continue such long distance relationship then you may be neglecting yourself from seeing a good opportunity right in your own backyard.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 19, 2006 09:35

I have met and had long term relationships over the past few years. They are great but there is nothing better then having that person close by. Someone you can talk to snuggle up with on a long cold night. Even though they have not worked out so far I would do it all over again. I have met a couple whom I am very good friends with. So how can it be bad? I am a very lucky woman to have added more friends to my life.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 17, 2006 21:32

I have factual data about long distance relationships. I reside in TX, and I met a great guy in Idaho. we called, and web cammed each other to death, and even flew once a month. He decided to move down here, and then it fell apart. This was a great guy, but because he was hurt in the past, he had a jealousy and trust issue. I would have gladly married him, but I can't deal with such situations. To answer your question, sure, anything is possible if BOTH persons WANT it to happen, it cannot be one sided. Love is a wonderful pain.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 18, 2005 17:08

Well from my expierence I love a long distance relationship because when I do spend time with that person, I HAVE A WORLD WIND ROMANCE!! I love that I'm always excited to see that person. I guess on what you enjoy and what you want out of a relationship.