#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > You attract what you are Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
You attract what you are
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 04, 2013 11:28

As William Shakespeare said,,,,Love looks not from the eyes ..but from the mind..
I love this quote as I think this is so very true in my experience.I know I am always drawn to someone of a similar mindset to myself....regardless to a great extent of age or looks.and it has worked vica versa
However...I have to admit I have also attracted my fair share of clowns!  haha  : ))
..altho none on this site yet  thankfully!..

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 03, 2013 13:47

i think i disagree. if people are too much alike i think things might be a little mundane. shouldnt we learn and maybe take with us the good qualities that we "adopt"  or learn from others close to us that we admire and / or respect?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 19, 2013 09:07

I disagree, we do not attract what we are at all. For example if youre a beautiful person , do you always attract beautiful people ? not all the time, you end up attracting the wrong attention in retrospect. The weirdos, the geiks , people the totally opposite of yourself. I wish I did attract what I really wanted.
Thats just how I feel about that sayin.
Lexus

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jan 22, 2013 18:55

Might be true in some circumstances like smile and the world will smile back..i also agree that we also can attract what we might need at a certain moment anddisattract what we dont...but they also say opposites attract for a reason meaning sometimes opposites complete eachother while the same can get into a fuzz...so i would say its relative..as stated...an innocent lamb will definately attract a vicious wolfe etc...the human mind is very complex and there are many sensoric strings floating which either get picked up or picks up...waves..hence attraction is somewhat unexplanable to a precise point.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 26, 2012 21:03

I dont agree, Ive been on  a few dating cites and I never attract someone like me, I have a degree and am always looking for someone who is educated but I always attract the opposite, I am very positive and some of these men just tell me sad or negative stories no matter how I try to turn the conversation around Or I will try to chat about meaningful things and they just want to talk about " your cute " or "what are you doing tonight"

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Dec 09, 2012 16:24

I really disagree with that quote!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 06, 2012 15:31

true

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Sep 17, 2012 17:20

I don't think we attract who we are.  We attract who we need.  Our needs change after a while, as do the person we attract, so we grow apart.  Thus, monogamy is not natural in this respect.  But that is another story.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 31, 2012 18:35

I absolutely agree...whole premise behind law of attraction

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Aug 31, 2012 18:31

I think that's absolutely true... hence the old saying: birds of a feather flock together.

But if not what you are, certainly what you need... and the two usually aren't two far apart.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 27, 2012 21:58

I agree, we feel more comfortable with people like us.