#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Women > The Curse of Being Beautiful Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
The Curse of Being Beautiful
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, May 05, 2013 11:41

Psychology Today (2012) did a nice review of the research on beautiful women.  Here are some of the key findings:

1. Low-self esteem is more common in beautiful women.
  2. A shy beauty is viewed as snooty and stuck-up.
  3. They have hidden selfish streaks.  They are beautiful and know it and use their looks to their advantage.
  4. Their success is attributed to their looks and not their ability.
  5. She faces greater social rejection from her own gender.
  6. It's expensive. They spend 1/3 their income on trying to stay beautiful.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Dec 06, 2013 22:42

I think that beautiful woman don't have the sincere dates,because most men want the arm candy,not love.Everyone thinks a beautiful woman gets all the men,so men won't ask her out,So they are at a catch 22.I see alot of beautiful woman with ugly men because they are treated better,kind of sad.It's not about maintinance some woman are beautiful without any make-up at all,make lip stick and blush.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 23, 2013 10:12

I don't know if I qualitfy for those statistics because to some I'm just the most ugly thing they have ever seen on the face of the planet. So it can be clear I do not have a low self esteem. I'm also frugal with my "beauty maintenance" it is my talent. I'd rather spend money on things worth while involving my actual ability. I have make up and hair benafits for my skills anyhow. I don't really fit the mould it appears. I'm pansexual. So I also swing a rainbow of ways. 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Sep 28, 2013 23:17

From my observation of beautiful women:

In adolescence, early 20s and 30s, being beautiful has many advantages.  You are admired by your own gender and a magnet for the opposite sex.  Men love beautiful women and may date or marry them solely for their physical attributes.  However as a beautiful woman ages, she worries more about losing her most valued asset and faces an uphill battle of maintaining her looks.  Worse, she may feel displaced by other beautiful younger women.  It's probably a difficult situation to be in if this is all that she has going for herself.

Most women learn at an earlier age that you cannot depend on beauty while beautiful women learn at a later age that... well you definitely cannot depend on beauty. 

Thanks Orlando for this study and others, I enjoy reading them.