Marrying a millionaire: Is it realistic? Dating Wealthy Men / Women

• View author's info Recommended Author posted on Nov 23, 2011 20:04

Is it realistic to marry a millionaire?  The statistics are stacked against someone. The percentage of millionaires in the U.S is 0.62% (that's less than 1% who have net assets over 1 million). Of those, only 20%-30% are single depending on the study.  Of those, about 50% are cohabitating or in a relationship.  That leaves about 1/6 of 1% available.  To make matters worse, a typical "millionaire" would make about $80,000 per year but they have net assets (total assets minus debt) from their house, car, mutual funds, etc.  They are classified as a "millionaire" because if they sold all their stuff and paid all their bills, they would have over 1 million.  The U.S. Census also classifies whoever lives in that house as a "millionaire"--the husband, wife, kids, dog, etc.  Keep that in mind when you consider the 0.62% of millionaires in the U.S.  I was calculating the numbers and it appears a close race to marry a millionaire vs. get hit by lightening.  I thought you might find this interesting. 
  • 20Comments

• View author's info posted on Jan 27, 2014 14:51

Well said!

• View author's info posted on Jan 23, 2014 03:09

Lol

• View author's info posted on Dec 29, 2013 12:31

hum many things that been said here, well i feel the same way. 

its not to have a milionaire or bilionaire. 

its to have a good understanding between the two of you, and can live trough difficult times together. 

its not money that makes you happy, it makes is some easier in live to life, but it needs to be oke between two people to live a life together. 

• View author's info posted on Dec 02, 2013 18:25

I think it´s less likely but it could happen to anyone.

To all the women that are looking for a millionaire, I want to share my experience so you could give a second thought to your quest …

I recently broke up with my boyfriend who is millionaire (+$1.5Mill) and a very good looking, single gentleman of 33 years old. Why would someone break up with this catch right?? (Very common thought), I´ll tell you why.

That relationship was by far the less happy one that I have ever had, and I have nothing bad to say about him as a person but definitely he is not the one with which I want to spend the rest of my life. He was always more focus on his money and how to invested to acquired more, that in Me or the Family that we were supposed to form together.

So ladies be sure that MONEY DOES NOT BRING HAPPINES, look for someone that love you above all things, that’s where real happiness is, at least for me.

• View author's info posted on Oct 31, 2013 17:51

i wonder now about the gay millionaire statistics? lol

• View author's info posted on Oct 21, 2013 07:24

Fact

• View author's info posted on Oct 18, 2013 14:11

Self made people, just care for themselves and just want a bauble to hang on their arm when it is uselful to them, then discard when they realise that the other person is in love with them,.. Heartbreaking, old money is oh so different.

• View author's info posted on Oct 18, 2013 07:51

Reality an wanting are two different things,

Money is a comfort to some an a life of loneliness to others x

• View author's info posted on Oct 15, 2013 18:58

Everything is realistic if you want it bad enough. Although, be careful what you wish for sometimes...

• View author's info posted on Jul 15, 2013 20:29

Insightful, and mostly true.
  • View author's info posted on Jul 11, 2013 09:20

WOW!  That is really interesting!
    You should always think on the bright side.....At least now I know I can find that 1/6 of 1%
  • View author's info posted on Jul 04, 2013 02:29

I think it depends on your socioeconomical status.
    Women tend to generally marry two classes up, they feel that a man can provide for her better than she's used to but still have enough in common with him to enjoy the marriage.
    Men tend to marry down because they like to feel like they are the one in the position of power and therefore have control.
    little do they know ;)
  • View author's info posted on Jun 23, 2013 13:59

lmaooo
  • View author's info posted on May 25, 2013 11:09

The statistics aren't realistic to some people that know nothing about people, in general.

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that rich people are still... People. With needs.

The rich marry their own kind, in search of equality.

But a wealthy person, lacks the adventurous spirit. Let's face it, people get bored with objects, when they have nobody to share them with.
    And when wealthy marries wealthy, they both get bored, because they are able to afford stuff on their own. Rich with rich doesn't work. It's a boring match.
    They need enthusiasm. The poor have plenty of that.
    I'm very certain about my theory: the rich and the poor need each other.

I would marry a wealthy woman, if i had genuine feelings towards her, not out of just interest.
    Marrying for interests create bastard babies, frustrations, and so on.
    If i can't be completely honest with a woman, why the hell would I marry her? To get frustrated?

Before getting married, try being a real couple first.
    It seems everyone has forgotten this step...
    Without this important step, you get involved in a bad marriage that is bound for disaster.

People need honesty. All of them.

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Feb 27, 2013 18:35

A millionnaire is not that difficult to achieve nowadays. I meet a good share of them weekly.
    The spirit of millionnaire I think is actually a billionaire now. If we want to get technical.
    It doesn't really matter though. For me, a millionaire is someone who will make me feel like a million bucks!! :-))
  • View author's info posted on Jun 06, 2012 13:18

Millionaires don't always look like a million dollars. Everyone puts thier pants on one leg at a time. Some are frugal and work hard to keer those dollars working for them, some induldge thier whim more ofen.   I know several unattached millionaire men - they are not on this site. They scuba, they bike, they grocery shop, they go out to eat in dives as well as 5 star spots. They are they guy you look at and go, hummm just another guy.  You can expect to marry a millionaire but searching for one isn't really going to accomplish finding a soul mate.  Ladies, there is soooooo much more to long term compatibility than money. And um, by the way, some women are millionaires too :)
  • View author's info posted on May 18, 2012 17:41

Well, I don't know much about this topic..never met a man with lots of $$$..and I don't think I missed anything..being happy is important..look at me..its friday night..I'am home on this site..whats wrong with this picture..lol..but I'm still happy..

Available only
    to logged in members

• View author's info posted on Jan 05, 2012 02:08

IntelligentGIRL, because they hustled and the Right place at the right time. I believe myself that it is awful difficult to meet a millionaire online, or anyone for a permanent relationship at that. It be easier to go knock on their door and sell cookies, and throw a sexy smile.

And at Orlando, I thought it was only 4% (not .62%) who had a net worth of more than 1 million. [According to my Reuters reading about 1 year back.] Actually anyone can become a millionaire, it's not exclusive, I parlayed $3,000.00 dollars received in 1962 into $25 mil, and Zero for Liabilities, plus I quit working at age 37 and don't consider myself so special at all. I'm just an average guy astute of ones surroundings. Most all in life is just common sense. There's nothing special I see in Millionaires, other than a luxury car and a nicer or bigger home. Ladies would do themselves a disservice if that's their objective -- it only makes life a bit more comfortable, yet human animal can get used to anything, the mind and body adjusts.
  • View author's info posted on Jan 03, 2012 11:56

LMAO!!!!!
Follow - Email me when people comment