Best courses in UK on investments? Message Board

• View author's info Author posted on Apr 24, 2011 04:06

What are the best short term courses run in London, UK on finances and investments?
    Thank you for your recommendations x

Available only
    to logged in members

• 3Comments

• View author's info posted on Dec 28, 2011 19:58

Don't forget to add. (To give her)
    Your appetite for Risk? Are you conservative or a player?
    Your age in investments is very important.

Since area in investments is so large, you need to streamline categorically. I doubt the best "general" investment books can make you successful. Find the area in which you have the most interest,
    and get a book for that specific area only. Your brokerage house and Google can supply you with just as much information.

Timing is everything, therefore a word of advice -- what held true when the book was written, may not be so Golden after all.

A big area, take everything under consideration to broaden your learning curve but take the advice with a grain of salt.
  • View author's info posted on Dec 08, 2011 22:59

Thank you for the reply. I need a general one, to learn the terminology etc, but more on the side of fund management and asset management. Alternative investing is of interest too.
  • View author's info posted on May 04, 2011 18:43

I could teach you investments (lol). On a serious note, tell me more about the specific area you want to learn about and I can point you in the right direction. If you so desire, you can send me an e-mail with more details and I will be more than happy to help. In the meantime, these areas could range from:
    Investments - Private or institutional, fund management, asset management, Mutual funds or unit trusts, ISAs, day-trading, hedge funds, derivatives, options, futures, swaps, forex and commodity trading, offshore investing, capital investment bonds, Govt Gilt, corporate bonds (investment and non-investment grade) etc
    Pensions - Different types and allowable investments etc.
    Property investments
    Alternative investing - private equity, venture capital etc.
    This is by no means exhaustive and do not let the long list put you off.

I work in investments so if you can streamline what you want to learn and let me know, then I can recommend some/a course or a trainer for you.

Happy to help and good luck.
Follow - Email me when people comment