#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Pets > Unusual names that people call their Pets Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Unusual names that people call their Pets
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Oct 19, 2006 21:22

I was just curious about the various unusual names that people have used and then regretted. I myself am the proud owner of a 80lb pup named "Booger". Being a caring mother, I promised my daughter that she could pick out a pup and name him. I did not figure in the fact that she was a 17yo with humor. She chose a large breed dog not the "toy" one and then named it Booger. I thought hard about this then decided that I had indeed taught them that a promise is golden; Thus Booger it is for the next 15+ years.

Available only
to logged in members

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 10, 2012 21:42

I've been blessed with pets my whole life... These sweeties have gone over the Rainbow Bridge:
Jacob - orange & white tabby
Toby - grey & white tabby
Pete/Petey - border terrier mix
Tucker aka "Tuck den geberger Von Olympia" - GSD - always in my heart
Willie aka "To Be Or Not To Be" - gorgeous golden retriever boy
Darcy aka "Darcy of Three Oaks" - sweet GSD girl
Lucky - amazing GSD who died too soon & unexpectedly...
Purrl - grey & white long haired tabby girl

Critters I still have:
Milo - merlequin Great Dane pup
Jacob - another orange & white tabby
Pixie - a tiny brown & white tabby girl
Ninja - an all black polydactyl girl
Jack aka Jack Sparrow - a black and white tuxedo cat with cattitude
Gunther - a plush coated GSD pup - arrives here in a week!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 08, 2010 14:43

I have a solid gray cat named Penguin. My ex was determined to name her after the big eight foot penguin in the movie Billy Madison (he was a huge Adam Sandler fan at the time.)

My hamster is Houdini and for good reason.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 26, 2007 10:48

I have a gorgeous little Maltese dog.( He's one year old. His birthday is the day before mine. (Good omen?)
I wanted a really unique name for "His Preciousness"............so I've named him Rudy. But (you say) he should have a last name, right? Okay that is "Toot". Put them both together AND his name is
"RUDY TOOT".

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 17, 2007 19:13

My son was at the beach one day when the singer-girl named Pink went by calling her dog. She was yelling "Here F%$#^er, here F*&^er". The girl has no shame.

MagdalenaMicro

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 17, 2007 11:14

I have saved and adopted many cats through out the years and these are a few names
Misty,Noname aka Bunny,Jasper aka Pee,FuFu,NeeNee,Rambo,DeeDee aka Delilah,Smokey,Bennihana aka Benni,Chester,Bambi,Pheobe,Shylo,Mini,Janey aka Pooper,Arnold,Dusty,Cali,Hector,Bobble Head aka Bob,Gretchen,Bowie,Connie,Sophia Purren aka Sophie,Tinkerbella,Grayson,Beary,Punky,Ramsey,Scooter,Maggie,these ones died very young Chelsey,Mindy,Bart

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 07, 2006 17:40

lol I have a dog names Xena, 3 cats:
Babakazoo (baba 4 short)
Rondini and Richard.
Richard is the strangest name so far rotflmao.

I use to have a dog named merlin. A cat named yngwie (use to pronounce it yingwee) zapper, pussywillow, penelope (pronounce pennylope lol) princess shamrock and cackers. I won't get started on my old pet rats names...lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 27, 2006 16:42

i have 2 cockatiels,,actually rocketiels,,,name one coosy,21 years ago,,he's slowed alot like me..lol.the other i had weeks of straining to come up with a name.................................finally,,a lightening bolt!!Louie..gave him spaghetti..coosy thought it was wierd snake freaked out,,louie ate it up and has since been pasta louigi,,loui..loves his italian food..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 25, 2006 14:39

Geez, I thought that there would be quite of few out there. I guess I am more alone in my embarrassment. Well to end this thread - I also have four cats

Leo - Leonardo DiVinci
Merlin - Merlin Wizard
Didi - Diamond Days
Cali - California Dreamin
NC

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Oct 20, 2006 05:54

My cats names came about in a strange way, after cat of mine had passed away. It was very hard for me to lose her. I decided that I would never have a pet again so I would not go through that pain.

One night she came to me in a dream about 6 months after her death. She told me (she could talk in my dreams) that it was time for me to let love back into my life and that there would be two new kitties coming to me. She told me I would recognize the parents of the kittens. She also gave me their names, Isis and Zina.

As the story unfolds I was in Maine teaching a clinic and met a young female cat. As soon as I saw here I knew she would be the mother of my kittens. That was weird as I was living in So. Florida at that time and it was a long way away. That week I also met who I thought was going to be the father of the kittens. He was also a young cat. Both of the cats were manx/maine coon crosses.

I thought I had a vivid imagination.

The farm asked me to return for another clinic and we set the dates. I had known the owner for a few years and told her about my dream and that I thought that her little female might be the kittens mother. We both laughed but she promised to give me first choice if the female had a litter.

As these things can be magical, the owner of the farm called me 6 weeks before I was to return to Maine. She said that the little female had just had a litter of kittens. They would be at the right age for me to take two home with me on the plane when I arrived in Maine.

The kittens choose me. Isis is a calico and Zina is a male. I thought they would both be girls with those names but Zina has a short tail with a Z on the end of it.

Available only
to logged in members