#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > Wine...collecting, drinking, cellars and corks Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Wine...collecting, drinking, cellars and corks
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 07:01

I've done a search, no one seems to be talking about wine...being an Aussie it's pretty easy to collect and indulge the interest extensively......................................
.............................................................................. Anyone interested in learning about Australian wines or know about them? I have a fairly extensive cellar which is for drinking not investing and I love visiting the wineries and chatting to the disconcertingly unknowledgable mother of the winemaker who's doing cellar door as a favour...does that ever happen in the Napa Valley?............................................................................................................................
We also have the Stelvin vs. cork debate raging here...ok, not really raging like a theological debate in Constantinople in 600AD, but sometimes people get spittle collecting unnoticed in the corners of their mouths when they talk about putting vintage port under Stelvin (invented in Australia apparently) - I mean are we buying wine for our great-great grandchildren?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 03, 2008 10:21

Hey, great interest.I have a whole case
of YELLOW TAIL.Is it really Australian?
They come in cans now as well. A nice, smooth imported wine. Yummy for my tummy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 20:54

Nebulatte write:
I've done a search, no one seems to be talking about wine...being an Aussie it's pretty easy to collect and indulge the interest extensively......................................
.............................................................................. Anyone interested in learning about Australian wines or know about them? I have a fairly extensive cellar which is for drinking not investing and I love visiting the wineries and chatting to the disconcertingly unknowledgable mother of the winemaker who's doing cellar door as a favour...does that ever happen in the Napa Valley?............................................................................................................................
We also have the Stelvin vs. cork debate raging here...ok, not really raging like a theological debate in Constantinople in 600AD, but sometimes people get spittle collecting unnoticed in the corners of their mouths when they talk about putting vintage port under Stelvin (invented in Australia apparently) - I mean are we buying wine for our great-great grandchildren?

I've got a pretty good "drinking" collection too and like the Aussie Shiraz & Cab/Sav in recent years. Just enjoyed a couple of bottles of "Stella" which has a fun label and my guests walked around imitating the Streetcar players. love to learn more, I'm a novice

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 20, 2006 11:49

I'll let you know when im over next, got anything from Mudgee ? Cant beat Aussie wine, its just a bloody long way to go to taste the real good stuff, nothing more fun than 'screwing around' in a good wine cellar, and i don't care what the corks are made from as long as i can pop them