New Business Business Topics

• View author's info Author posted on May 04, 2006 11:16

Ok, needed some help getting this thing off the ground. This is all new to me, so, I need as much help as I can get. Looking to start up in New Orleans or Florida, which would be better? I am thinking that New Orleans would be the best choice, but the insurance would kill me, as it would in Fl. Type of business would be a cafe kind of thing. Still in the process of writing the business plan and proposal to be submitted to the SBA for funding. Does anyone know how long it takes for a response from the SBA? Any info anyone can give, that is helpful is/would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Robin
  • 7Comments

• View author's info posted on Jan 09, 2007 22:13

any one ever tried resturant bar bring big music acts in ta draw people
  • View author's info posted on Aug 12, 2006 00:56

My recommendation would be to start an LLC in Florida as there are no state taxes on LLCs there.
  • View author's info posted on May 17, 2006 12:13

Thanks for the comments. Completely forgot about SCORE.
  • View author's info posted on May 13, 2006 11:37

GeminiDi write:

billzeke write:

Ms_Mystery write:
    Ok, needed some help getting this thing off the ground. This is all new to me, so, I need as much help as I can get. Looking to start up in New Orleans or Florida, which would be better? I am thinking that New Orleans would be the best choice, but the insurance would kill me, as it would in Fl. Type of business would be a cafe kind of thing. Still in the process of writing the business plan and proposal to be submitted to the SBA for funding. Does anyone know how long it takes for a response from the SBA? Any info anyone can give, that is helpful is/would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Robin

No comment from me Gem. I am not a senior citizen. At least not yet. lol.

LOL Bill! Did I say "senior?" In the US, you're a "senior citizen" at age 55. You qualify for all kinds of lovely things like discount meals at McDonalds!!

Don't let statistics fool you. It's all in the mind. I will admit that AARP saved me a bunch of money for hotels on a recent trip.
  • View author's info posted on May 13, 2006 11:17

Ms_Mystery write:

Thanks in Advance!

Robin

No comment from me Gem. I am not a senior citizen. At least not yet. lol.
  • View author's info posted on May 13, 2006 10:37

seattlesunshine write:
    Have you checked out SCORE? Look at their website, you can find a retired person who will help you with the entire process and probably has 50 years of invaluable experience in the business you want to start. And it is free.

Really think that retired people are one of our most undervalued resources in the US.

SCORE is an excellent suggestion.
  • View author's info posted on May 13, 2006 09:32

Ms_Mystery write:

Thanks in Advance!

Robin

Find someone in your area who specializes in obtaining SBA loans to help you or you won't get anywhere fast if at all. Good luck.
Follow - Email me when people comment