#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > First time meeting someone off MillionaireMatch.com Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
First time meeting someone off MillionaireMatch.com
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jan 05, 2005 20:18

Hello everyone,
Well this Saturday I will be traveling to meet someone from off this website. I haven't met anyone from this site before, so it should be an interesting experience. I've chatted with this particular individual both online and on the phone for around a month and he seems to have a good personality. The inidividual is vacationing in Las Vegas for a few days and is flying me out to meet him. Part of me is nervous but another part is anxious to see if we "click".

In the past I've always been wary of meeting people from online but being that I'm not satisfied with men I meet locally, I've turned to "online dating".

Hopefully this person is everything he claims. He seems honest but it seems that people can easily lie on here.

Anyways I will post an update on the result of the meeting.

Happy dating and Happy New Year to all of you.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 14:15

Funnyredheadlady....I know you mean well about the rules for internet dating......and I appreciate what you said, BUT I have to disagree.........Women can also play games (of course not the women on mm) I think the only one BIG RULE is to be HONEST....on this shopping channel of relationships, if everyone did that nothing else would matter............Best to All

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 14, 2005 00:34

Just wanted to warn other ladies about this user jmw3434..he has a hidden profile that occassionaly he will open and he claims to be a radiologist from Arkansas. however, he si who know shat and who, and all i know about him he is a weird, sexualy offensive but very well spoken con artist!!
i have wrote an email to the customer service and also want to warn as many of you as possible, since he has been wasting my time for ove r amonth now..and i just wanted to fid out who he is and why is he into such games, but i couldn't take his emails and tex messaging on daily basis any more..so i had to take these steps ..and after this i think i wil file a police report!
he demands sexual things, bude photos, and so far everything he said has been a lie..i assume he has aa false name and definately is suing someone else's photos as him!!
please be aware, he could be a sexual predator, or some freak! either way, i wanted you all to know..and am taking measures to have him kicked off the site!!
what is up with all the strange men on this site...
i just don't get it...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 13, 2005 21:04

It's possible....I met a WONDERFUL man on this site that I wouldn't have otherwise. He lives in Washington State, and I am in California, so it's not like we would have 'run' into each other! I am looking at relocating....so love is possible on this site. Don't stop trying.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 13, 2005 20:39

Lillytu, if you think that....you should remove yourself from a DATING site!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 13, 2005 13:59

TO: Every Woman on Here!

It seems that everyone on here has been hurt.

Men will tell you what they think you want to hear.

Do not e-mail any man first...if he is interested, he WILL contact you.

Wait before you reply to him.

Do not tell all.

Keep your e-mails brief.

NEVER correspond on a weekend (after5PM on Friday...Until Sunday after 5pm)

You are a "CUAO" (Creature Unlike Any Other).

You have a very busy life...your weekends are full and busy (even if you have nothing to do, he CANNOT know that).

I know this is the weekend and here I am. I had to send some family photos to relatives. I had a few minutes and decided to read some of the postings.

This "unsolicited advice" I have shared comes from, a book entitled, "The Rules for Internet Dating".

Best of luck and love to all of you.

Joan

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 21:40

Hi Joie,
Search for the topic entitled "The Sisterhood," a thread where some MM women tell their stories of bad experiences and the men who make them so. It's not "man bashing," just "jerk-exposing."
God knows, we love men who are sweet, romantic darlings! There are lots of those here too!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 16:25

agiftfromheaven.....you are a better woman than I!! I agree with S4U, I would have done something.....I would have been extremely PISSED OFF!! That was just bad manners and rude! Obviously this man is overseas, so no worry for those of us over here making that trip, but you should post his name for other women in your country. What a jerk off!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 11:25

Everybody all jazzed up when they first sign up on this site. Personally, I think it sucks lemons, and secondly, I think Love is over rated.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 07, 2005 01:50

yes AGFH on that story i think you should definitely share that one with us. That was a horrible jerk abdyou handled that one very graciously it sounded. If that had happened to me i would have gotten the largest glass of tomatoe juice or something equally discoloring and dumped it over the dumb jerks head and then walked out the door. It sounds like the perfect opportunity and I have always "wanted to do that" . Geez my fantasy come true!!!! So tell us and don't keep us in suspense..:)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 02:03

Gosh, I just joined... these stories are discouraging... Ladies, you should give us all hints as to who these scoundrels are so we can black list them and leave them hanging by their #%$^*@& or big bucks!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 11:11

Went to spend time with a guy I met on MM this weekend. Well it started out as a "weekend". We had chatted for hours on the phone, he had been to see me half a dozen times or so, was really nice, or so it seemed. He invited me to his home, separate rooms if that was what I wanted.

Well.........

I arrived at 6.30pm after a 4 hour drive. He never even offered to make a coffee.
He gave me the guided tour of the house, etc.

Then he made Dinner - for himself!! I was left to make my own after he had made his and was sitting at the table eating it!!

He was mostly silent the whole time, put the tv on and sat and watched The Simpsons in pitch darkness. Then he moved onto a film that HE wanted to watch, never even glanced my way.

I was trying to make conversation and was told "Oi, shut your face whilst I am watching my film".
I waited for about half an hour then went upstairs, repacked my small case and left. It was 10.30pm He never spoke to me, followed me out of the house, nothing.

This man ASKED me to go to see his home for the weekend, ASKED me to Dinner!!

What a jerk!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 08:42

katiegrl..I can relate to you with respect to the average man being intimidated. I came to this site for the same reason. It has been months since I was contacted by a man...two on the same day...One I never met & we chat on MSN once in awhile. The other I met & dated for awhile. We are still friends & he is presently helping me in a business area new to me. Both were millionaires. Neither were concerned with what a women's income was, just the personality...I guess they must have liked my looks too! lol
You look beautiful, hang in there, it's slow...but it's not impossible.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 05, 2005 01:49

What do you imagine is the percentage of legitimate millionaire men on this site? I didn't come to this venue to suck the cash out of a rich guy's back pocket, but from what I've read, there are a high percentage of men here determined to get a woman by hook or by crook, even if it requires him to pretend to be a wealthy playboy.
One reason I am here at MM.com is because I have a high profile job and many regular men feel intimidated by it and me. I'm not scary or a bitch or anything, but I am really assertive and confident and spend a lot of time at art galleries and press clubs. Most dating site guys are not "into" that. But I imagined there would at least be a few men here who were involved in the same social circles as I am, so I decided to search for a guy here, with similar interests.
But, as there are many men on the other dating sites who misrepresent themselves as younger, successful, physically fit and romantic, I wonder if this IS a millionaire site or just a "beautiful women and predator men who like them" location. Would real millionaires look for love here? Wouldn't they be suspicious and leary of every person they encountered on MM.com?
Don't their friends set them up with blind dates? They do in the movies! lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 04, 2005 18:31

Gee Missellen........he wasn't honest? Ya think!

Donald Trump's wedding, NFL player, multi-million dollar company but can't fly you to NYC? Or show up In San Fran? Have a cell or beeper constantly on him? Hard to get a hold of but doesn't have a secretary? Hmmmm, yep I think he's lying!

And he was so big to forgive you for hurting his company by posting about him? How is posting about a nickname going to affect a business???
It's not! Odds on the clients looking in here....slim, knowing he's in here and his nickname........unless you or he told them......almost none! So how would that affect his business in the first place? How about he didn't like you blowing his cover with other ladies, but if you still play along......he'll forgive you! What a guy! Please!

Glad your cutting some nice guys a break, but seriously you need to spot those red flags alot better, or stop looking, your only going to get yourself in trouble and hurt!

Please don't let your wishes and fantasies take over your brain again! Some will tell you what you want to hear to get what they want! Even if that's just to play along with their delusions!

IB

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 04, 2005 16:33

I need to post yet another update to this thread which I started a while back.
Though at first I thought the man I'd met was nice, honest, "right for me" , etc - I was wrong. He turned out to be a deceitful liar.
He lied about his age (which I should have been able to figure out for myself, but I'm not one to overly judge on appearances), his situation with his children, what he was really looking for in a relationship and quite a few other things.
To go further into detail, the man's profile said he was 45. He told me in person he was 45 (though the only way he could have been 45 is if he'd had a really hard life), then he came out about being "50" (I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually older than THAT though).
He told me initially that he only had his children part time, but that turned out to be a fib because it was closer to full time.
He also told me from the beginning that he was looking for a serious long term relationship, and that wasn't close to the truth because after meeting all he talked about was sex and he consistantly inquired if i had any "girlfriends i could hook his friends up with".

When I told this guy that I'm not interested in seeing him anymore because of his inability to talk to me without sexual enuendos which in my opinion tells me that he doesn't respect me as a person, he called me self envolved and said that I never "earned his respect".
I guess this instance goes to show that regardless of how much money you have, you can't buy class.
This man turned out to be yet another dirty old man who would do anything to try to get with a younger woman who he finds "exotic" so that he can show off to his friends.
I'm not telling women out there not to meet a man from online, I'm not letting this one loser ruin it for normal men out there, BUT be as careful as you can be.

if any women out there want to know who this man is, email me and I will tell you his name privately.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jan 28, 2005 13:11

Hi, I am new to this site. I been reading about your experiance with saxon. I glad you talk about. Because, This will help in the Future to be careful. Thank again, Missellen .

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 27, 2005 08:46

Nothing has worked out right with Saxon. He does have a felony, and explained the situation to me. My posting on here threatened his business. He was very forgiving of my posting, and well I don't think he was ever actually trying to steal my identity info. I was willing to try again.

He was supposed to come again to California today on this Wednesday to see me. Have yet to hear from him. This time I knew not to wait for him. I stayed very productive since last night, and got out three applications today. I knew he would never show up. He kept just e-mailing me, and not taking time to make plans over the phone. I understand that men on this site do have million dollar businesses to run, but I know they talk to their clients on the phone. He was also extremely difficult to reach by phone at night, and I never spoke to him when he was at home at night.

The most unfortunate part is that I think I may have brushed aside some honest, truthful, and genuine men these past two weeks because I had high hopes for Saxon. Women, please learn to watch out for the red flags mentioned above that took me too long to see.

Women, if your interaction at all with a man seems like a fantasy, then it is probably not real. I do believe this man is merely living out a fantasy through me, which has no possibility of coming true. He has a fantasy of a young, attractive, and intelligent wife. I think that some of his past in the NFL, going to Donald Trump's wedding, being a COO, ect may be true. I have no way of knowing though which part is true and which is not. I decided not to go to Donald Trump's wedding with him, so I have no way of proving whether that was for real or not.

What I do know is that real life is about succeeding despite whether you have a man or not. Life is about being driven and focused, and pressing on when things are so difficult. Life is also about being honest with yourself, and finding people who will be honest with you. Saxon was not honest with me, and now I'm moving on.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jan 27, 2005 07:12

Wow, sounds like Saxon is making his round big time! Saxon was here too lol. Well, only in email LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jan 23, 2005 18:25

I think it is great to share stories and experiences from this site. Everyone please be careful and I hope you find what you are looking for.