#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Long term relationship and Love > First Date Marriage Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
First Date Marriage
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 18, 2006 22:55

What do you think the chances are if you marry on the first date?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 05, 2006 08:55

MommysGirls write:
What do you think the chances are if you marry on the first date?

ZERO! You can't possibly know anything about the person so there is no way it would work. That's also pretty risky to your emotional and physical health and well being! Not an intelligent decision to make.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 22:28

Yes, it definitely can be a numbers game. I use to work with a guy that traveled all of the time, all over the world. He had a reputation of finding a woman anywhere he went, and he was not that attractive at all. When ask about his good luck, he explained:

I don't go into the hotel bar, buy drinks, dinner, and dance all night long with some woman, then about midnight ask her up to my room.

Nope.

I just ask women for a dance, while dancing I ask if they would like to go up to my room. Within a hour, I have asked about 10 women:

3 or 4 got mad, insulted.
one might have slapped my face,
a few thought about it,--maybe later
and one took me up on it, right then.

So, within a hour, he was having fun upstairs. He might or might not ask her name.

lol

It probably works for marriage also. Just ask 10. I guess I should not be so picky and learn from this guy. huh?
lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 22:27

auburn, the lipstick is great,but don't you think you need a shave??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 18:48

Bernie I love you LOL
wwww123456 write:
Anyone want to run up to Vegas for some cosmic sex and drinking??

Well, it don't hurt to ask, and you know what the sales people say: If you ask 10 people to buy, one probably will. Surely more than 10 women will read this..

lol

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 16:10

wwww123456 write:

Well, it don't hurt to ask, and you know what the sales people say: If you ask 10 people to buy, one probably will. Surely more than 10 women will read this..

lol

lol...it is a numbers game, isn't it?!
Makes one wonder why those bloggers are pushing so hard (as evidenced by all the advertising in all threads) to go to DR rather than Vegas, huh?! Maybe you can do all that in DR as well....
We'll have to ask StarVoyager, he seems to be "leader of the pack"....If all the above is possible, then I may sign up too.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 30, 2006 18:03

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 28, 2006 15:33

Do you mean what are the chances for having a long-lasting marriage if you marry after the first date or what are the chances of marrying someone during a first date?

To the former, I'd say your chances are as good as any other marriage. No better, no worse. You can know the right person immediately (or e.g. arranged marriages) and live as happily as anyone or after ten years of dating, marry and find out you didn't know them at all.

To the latter, I'm not such the optimist. Unless you're both drunk, have cosmic sex and are in Vegas at the time, it is highly unlikely you'll marry during the first date.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 22, 2006 14:28

What's the rush?! Seems kind of a rash decision to make if you ask me