#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Dating tips and advices > Strong , Indepependent women Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Strong , Indepependent women
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Nov 17, 2013 17:29

I would like men's option on an an attractive stong opinionated woman.  I had a disscussion with several friends that it intimidates men. Women of the like mind are not as attractive as men want to be in controll.

Thoughts???

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 13, 2014 12:15

One of my requirements of anyone that I'm in a relationship with is that there can be nothing which the two of us cannot discuss. I don't care if you're right or I'm right, if there is a problem I'm searching for the solution to the problem. In fact where your knowledge and expertise exceeds mine, YOU LEAD !! I have no problem basking in the reflective glory of my woman's success. Intimidated !! I applaud your success. When you're successful, you're THE ONE, when we're a couple, we are THE TWO. TWO is greater than ONE (smile)..  

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Feb 12, 2014 19:05

Quoting BeccaBunny82:

I've never met a man who was intimidated by a woman. Ever.

However I have met men who have chosen to avoid overly opinionated women and that could certainly be viewed by a woman as intimidation.

Same here!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 11, 2014 16:21

Actually, women are usually considered opinionated and domineering for the same qualities that are considered "leadership" traits in men. Young girls are usually considered to talk more in class and be called on more often, even though studies have shown that young boys engage in more dialogue and are called on more often. 

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 10, 2013 21:44

They want a woman who allows them to nuture her,they want a woman who likes to do activities with them .other than shopping and having dinner together,Like hiking,walking,togetherness.Action, :}

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Dec 09, 2013 16:36

Quoting LittleBirdFlies:

Quoting NGL2011:

Quoting BeccaBunny82:

However I have met men who have chosen to avoid overly opinionated women and that could certainly be viewed by a woman as intimidation.

I agree completely !

However I will add this men being "Intimadated" by women , is her excuse for men blowing her off.

ummm... ???

So you two only know cocky jerks who won't admit to insecurities?

I know some strong, smart gentlemen who have actually told me that they were intimitated by: 

their unflappable female boss

unattainably beautiful/super-cool women (it's the combination, apparently)

that disarming woman who he eventually spoke to three weeks later and eventually married

But, you know, I'm talking about men who are secure enough with themselves to admit such things, and thus, are in long-lasting relationships.

so you must be one of those Intimidating women,, right ?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 07, 2013 16:43

Quoting BeccaBunny82:

I agree completely !

However I will add this men being "Intimadated" by women , is her excuse for men blowing her off.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Dec 04, 2013 23:24

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 18, 2013 13:55

I want my man to be a man. I'm envisioning this manly man just finishing chopping wood in the forest, glistening a little from the work he's just done, he has some dirt on his face and he's wearing a plaid shirt over just far enough. Sigh, daydreaming is all I get.

Maybe instead of the plaid shirt, he's wearing a faded, blue jean shirt. Mmm hmm.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 18, 2013 13:25

I do think a lot of men are intimidated by attractive,strong and opinionated women. Have you heard that males are becoming more feminine by what they are ingesting? There have been studies done on the subject. Maybe it's a combination of what they're ingesting and other outside factors? 

I have not read the book, 50 Shades of Grey, but I heve to assume that some women are turned on by the fact that this male character is dominant and takes control, that he takes his maleness to an extreme because what we do see is a lot of meek men these days.  The S&M dominant thing on either side, male or female, is not for me but if I had to pick one or the other, I would definitely have to be in control.

What I find in so many male profiles is these men state how their preferences are for independent women, of course she needs to be everything else too..beautiful, smart,athletic,etc.,etc.. It's disturbing, why do we have to be everything?!  I know I'm not!  I find it ironic that when I have met some of these men who want it all, that they certainly don't have it themselves. At least half the men who claim they're athletic are nowhere near athletic. Just because you played a sport in high school 20 years or so ago does not make you athletic today. Ugh. The athletic referral is only one sad example of their delusion they have for themselves and the ridiculous nature of wanting their woman to be everything.

10 Examples of how Men are becoming like Women

http://makehoustongreat.com/2012/06/09/10-examples-of-how-men-are-becoming-like-women/