#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > Any REAL men on dating sites? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Any REAL men on dating sites?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 17:17

I hate that this is coming off negative because I am not a negative person. However I feel that after being on a few dating sites I might as well have my profile read:
I am looking to meet a man who is dishonest, never says what is on his mind, Has a picture on his profile that looks NOTHING like him. Or, every picture he has does not show his teeth. Why? Because they are yellow and/or growing all different ways except straight. Someone who wants to talk for hours on the phone for days. Than when it comes to meeting, makes plans and cancels more than one time.
I want to meet a man who says he is in good shape but he is really over weight. I want to meet a man who wants a woman who is in excellent shape but he can be a skinny crack head or fat bastard.
To some it up....I believe If I post an ad saying that I am looking to meet a man who has no intention on ever meeting a nice girl. A man who wants nothing more than to play on the computer and jerk woman around. I guarantee I would receive a letter from every man who reads my ad. I do not get it. I refuse to believe that men get cold feet after talking, laughing and having intellectual conversations for a few days on the phone. I refuse to believe the intimidation story. If a man can laugh with me for days, the intimidation fear should be gone.
Someone, please lend me some incite to this horrific circle I am in and cannot seem to get out.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jul 15, 2010 02:15

are u sure about that

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 10, 2010 08:42

i have been on several sites and meet a few guys they just all seem the same. i dont have sex with strangers , or friends. but i have had to spend quite a bit of money to get back , taxis, babysitters , hotels the whole nine yards. i think many people have too much wishful thinking, i pay to meet someone obviously successful, well spoken and compassionate but i always find the worst , or maybe they are all bad, i dont know , but i am nice and nice looking, semi educated and not stupid, honestly i most have talked to about 100 guys on the phone in the last 6 months and just either they cant communicate, think i am a 1900 number or are just negative. i think many lie about finances because they are jerks, and this is even men that are verified. they just use there homes. i talked to one he finally admitted he was unemployed so he just used his old tax forms, that shows me at least some of them are good at painting the wrong pictures. i have dated a few well off men in the real world and they never had me foot the bill, and were offended when i bought my own coffee... i am so done with the sites, i have yet to find one descent guy.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 19, 2010 23:30

Wow, that is what is real. Nice reply.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 03, 2009 21:34

Quoting mikegh:

Quoting: Originally posted by brainsandlooks

It does seem that some men on here are delusional when it comes to themselves. Many appear to have over-inflated opinions about their appearance and personalities. However, there are men who appear to be pretty decent. You just have to weed out the bad from the good...I know, I know...not always an easy task!!

I'm a blow up doll.

male blow up doll hmmmm so many things one could say to that

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Aug 06, 2009 09:32

Well all I can say is im a real man, this is my stance on life. I am honest and loyal with a heart filled with love for someone that is worthy of the kind of heart i posses. I have 2 daughters Hope is 8 and Joy is 7 they are the reasoon im the loveing soul the love so dearly. I as thier father needs to lead by example on how they need to be treated and loved. so Im looking for the woman that wants to be part of that example. so look me up if this catches your attention.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Apr 06, 2009 21:35

i can only say this from my own personal experience ... i have met a couple of guys in this site ... and yes you fine the respectful and mature guy ... which i love those kind of men. But yes you can find the total ass&%#@ !! i so dont want to say the word but yes there are some jerks here ! but hey its all good !! and ive never met a married man here !1 lucky me lol .. oh my the way i read here a girl saying here she doesnt give her name or number for what ever the reason she has.. hey hun if you are going to be all suspicious and private then why date online?? doesnt make any sense .. i mean they just want to know if you are for real..cause there are creepy women in this site so i heaard !! and they play games.. so girl suck it up !! lol ...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 02, 2009 07:07

well i have been here for quite sometime and the reason somemen arent replin is simply the r married. yeah i met a few of them. i would like to say that we are all grown adults and miles apart y do they think they have to lie we can't see them were just cyber friends wanting more its not everyone are million years and some of them lie about there income but that don;t intrested me one way r the other i am 23year old business woman living in jamaica and there are alot of things going on here i'm just tryin to hook up with some1 that can take my mind somewhere else apart from that. i think these men r just boys i am too mature for game and also men tricks r 4 kids i'm too old for that. i see women runnin down men on here y do it i've view your profile and think you'll are beautiful and intresting don't settle for less than what you worth i am a sofisticated beatiful smart young that vowed that nothin bellow "best" i not settling for. i know good life and is use to good thing and i don't want less than that i must admit that some woman alway look for men to be romantic NO we can too i took out my previous man and i spoiled him rotten also i bought him think he never taught that he'll ever get for a woman that just element of suprise. so men when holling please come clean and good better r best

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Dec 16, 2008 10:27

I have to agree. One man who contacted me said I was too mysterious because I would not give out my real name and phone number before meeting with him. Sorry but this is the internet and you have to be careful. Another one emailed and called and then I never heard from him again. Go figure! I get lots of interest from men outside of my area which I have no desire to get involved with.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Dec 13, 2008 19:50

What's you're looking is everywhere. Who know maybe it is possible, that something simple wil GROW into something BEAUTIFUL.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Oct 01, 2008 14:56

wellu got that right but were not all that bad

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Aug 10, 2008 14:21

Hi Everyone!

Hey ARRedneck, you back again country boy? I see you are a "Reel" man, have you a fishing rod to go with that reel?

I gots me one too lol. Do you like catfishing?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 21, 2008 05:02

Quoting brainsandlooks:

It does seem that some men on here are delusional when it comes to themselves. Many appear to have over-inflated opinions about their appearance and personalities. However, there are men who appear to be pretty decent. You just have to weed out the bad from the good...I know, I know...not always an easy task!!

I'm a blow up doll.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 31, 2006 15:42

I'm 5'4", average height...not exactly a beanstalk!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 30, 2006 12:53

There are very real men and women on MM, me thinks, like attracts like, Ive got many wonderful, real friends and more on this site.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 16:11

mmm i had to laugh at the message dont give up there must be some nice ones out there though none of them answer my email or message i know just what you mean lol

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 06:37

I was just wondering if there are any REAL women.

It's not about being a real anything except who and what you are. And the sad fact is, most people are not happy with who they have become.

So they lie. To others, but most assuredly to themselves.

These dating sites are the perfect place to create a new persona. That person you've always wanted to be. And yet, the farther we run from who we really are, the closer we come to nothingness.

It's not a question of any REAL men or women. It's simply a question of REAL-ness.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 16:00

brainsandlooks write:
Also, I wish men would pay attention to age ranges on here. I've gotten email from men who fall out of my age range (always on the older side). Now, I wouldn't mind meeting a man who is 10 years older, or so, but I draw the line at 15 to 20 years. I already have a father, I am NOT looking for another one!! What are these men thinking? What could we possibly have in common?

Well, if you think you are attractive, that would probably be one thing!!! And commonality of thinking is of great desire for men. :o)

Also, another anomaly I will share with you, is about this age, women start rounding down, as the men do tend to "wish" for younger women. I have met several women face to face who were several years younger in profile age, only to find out that they were actually several years older than me. Now their age was not really the issue, but the "lack of truth" was for me. But they explained that in order to find men more their age, they had to "lie" on their profiles so that they would come up on the gentleman's searches.

BTW, how tall are you? The MM spellchecker wants to replace your name with beanstalks. LOL

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 14:23

you mean , your getting email from men that are 65-70 years old ? ok i dont feel so bad, i will try to keep like yourself within 10-12 years
steve

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, May 18, 2006 08:03

Also, I wish men would pay attention to age ranges on here. I've gotten email from men who fall out of my age range (always on the older side). Now, I wouldn't mind meeting a man who is 10 years older, or so, but I draw the line at 15 to 20 years. I already have a father, I am NOT looking for another one!! What are these men thinking? What could we possibly have in common?