#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Men > Any REAL men on dating sites? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Any REAL men on dating sites?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 17, 2006 16:44

Ok, BOTH men and women are, equally, full of crap! LOL...;-)

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 16, 2006 09:49

brainsandlooks write:
It does seem that some men on here are delusional when it comes to themselves. Many appear to have over-inflated opinions about their appearance and personalities. However, there are men who appear to be pretty decent. You just have to weed out the bad from the good...I know, I know...not always an easy task!!

Is it as difficult as finding the "real" women??? ROFLMAO... I do agree with you that this stuff is kinda hard work, but hopefully, the payoff will be worthwhile.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, May 16, 2006 09:09

Not many apparently!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, May 03, 2006 16:33

It does seem that some men on here are delusional when it comes to themselves. Many appear to have over-inflated opinions about their appearance and personalities. However, there are men who appear to be pretty decent. You just have to weed out the bad from the good...I know, I know...not always an easy task!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, May 01, 2006 21:26

Angyson write:
If you define a real man as someone who worships his God, protects his country and his family, builds churches and cemeteries instead of rock and roll, yes, they do exist.

Wow Angy...I knew I had read some very positive posts from you when you first came on the forums...what happened?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 27, 2006 18:51

I agree totally with the people who say you have to be REAL to get REAL. That's a great point. As people we naturally react to everything which means that we re-act. Somebody acts and we act accordingly. I've been always fortunate to have incredibly good people in my life and I hope it's because we truly do reap what we sow. Character is the most important quality in any person - male or female. You'll recognize it when you see it if you're looking.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Apr 21, 2006 02:29

Michey write:
I hate that this is coming off negative because I am not a negative person. However I feel that after being on a few dating sites I might as well have my profile read:
I am looking to meet a man who is dishonest, never says what is on his mind, Has a picture on his profile that looks NOTHING like him. Or, every picture he has does not show his teeth. Why? Because they are yellow and/or growing all different ways except straight. Someone who wants to talk for hours on the phone for days. Than when it comes to meeting, makes plans and cancels more than one time.
I want to meet a man who says he is in good shape but he is really over weight. I want to meet a man who wants a woman who is in excellent shape but he can be a skinny crack head or fat bastard.
To some it up....I believe If I post an ad saying that I am looking to meet a man who has no intention on ever meeting a nice girl. A man who wants nothing more than to play on the computer and jerk woman around. I guarantee I would receive a letter from every man who reads my ad. I do not get it. I refuse to believe that men get cold feet after talking, laughing and having intellectual conversations for a few days on the phone. I refuse to believe the intimidation story. If a man can laugh with me for days, the intimidation fear should be gone.
Someone, please lend me some incite to this horrific circle I am in and cannot seem to get out.

I feel for you, Michey. You said it well and articulately, but with great humour. lol

I've dated over 30 different "real" live men in the last 3 years and I'm very happy to say I've never encountered an alcolholic, drug user, compulsive gambler or woman-beater. I've met men I've fallen head over heels for; I've met men who have fallen for me, I've met many players and several very nice guys.

Some men took me out several times until we decided we wanted something different that we couldn't offer each other. I've met men who said they were looking for love and a best friend but when there was no sex on the first date ... they never called back.

I've met several men who weren't even CLOSE to looking like their photo. One guy thought it was okay to post a photo of himself 30 pounds lighter because, "at least it wasn't fatter!" But when I met him, I was shocked! He was all skin and bones and had shrunk a bit too! That was extreme.

I've met some dangerous men, scary men, slightly psycho men too, but only about three or four. One guy abducted me and I had to fight to get free! I told the story in an earlier post, maybe around the summer of 05.

Most of the reasons my dates and I didn't hit it off was because I was too energetic, he was too shy and quiet, I was a mother and he hated kids. (My daughter is grown and has left home) I loved the arts but he only loved watching sports on TV. I loved necking and he didn't think it was "appropriate." Even after the 4th date! (he was VERY catholic) LOL

I still wish I could meet my love, but I don't regret all the dates I've been on that didn't work out. They've taught me things about human nature, they've given me something to do on an otherwise quiet evening, and they have helped me realize that a perfect 10 guy isn't all that important, as much as a fun, funny, caring man is.

I'm still hopeful!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Apr 13, 2006 12:20

There are as many Real men on this site as there are Real women, the problem is two fold that might mean one or a thousand and one, who knows. Then you have winnow away to find what you are looking for, it takes patience, skill,the understanding of online dating. You can very quickly gauge the intentions of your 'catch' by subtle questioning, before you confine to the keep or toss back , with a 'No thanks,im not your type, into the 'dating pool'. But then im sure there are people here who become addicted, not necssarily 'players' but want to meet and greet , frolic on the forum , the whole issue becomes a hobby.
This can be very frustrating for those who truly believe these sites are just about finding love and affection, they work for some and i am one, but for many they just bring disappointment.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 29, 2006 17:17

robtest write:
tinyeyes2800 write:
I tried a different website before I joined here. In 4 months' time I had 7800 responses simply because I hid the fact that I have kids. I guess men basically shun women who have kids...
I am not as lucky here because I included in my profile that I have kids. Funny how some men are. I was meeting like 3 guys in a day months ago and then when they would invite me for a second date(maybe I was just lucky bec. 100% of them asked for a second date) then that was only when that I would mention my boys. My theory about this is by then, the guy had made up his mind that he liked me enough so it did not matter. Still, I did not meet the "right one"...
It makes me wonder if there's really someone out there for me or not...

So by that standard, it would be correct behavoir if the partner told you about the aids after they slept with you?

Sorry, but I have had this happen to me, not only about children, but also that they are only recently seperated or even still married, drinking issues, etc.

So basically at the end of the date, I was told they had been deceiving me the whole time? Sorry, but while that is honesty, it is a little late,and doesn't make up for the fact that much of what I have based my getting to know them is now completely different. What else in the rhetoric was also false and they just haven't gotten around to tell me about yet. I feel I have been treated dishonestly, now what was it that I found so attractive before???

Seek the truth falsely and karma has a way of working it out...

I agree with you completely Rob - everyone should be upfront from the beginning - as another member mentioned - you have to be REAL to get REAL.

Available only
to logged in members

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 07:45

Angyson write:
If you define a real man as someone who worships his God, protects his country and his family, builds churches and cemeteries instead of rock and roll, yes, they do exist.

I can agree with this and it is alright to enjoy rock n roll too. It is just takes the right ONE to open her eyes.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 12:34

CurvySultryBlonde write:
I hear that. I have lived in Montana, Portland, Oregon, and Spokane, Washington. Not a decent man to be found in any of those places...LOL...Maybe I need to move to the east coast.

Lot's of decent men ALL over....maybe move to cover up the assets...lol? Men love mystery just as much as women...Good luck on MM!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 08:13

First you have to be Real to find Real.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 17:07

Everone says: you must market yourself on these boards,there is lots of competition:

A good salesperson could sell ice boxes in Alaska in the middle of winter.

What you see is not always what you get, one of the best way for a salesperson to get to you is to use your honesty against you. Many times it is called bait and switch, by the way have you ever known an honest salesperson.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Nov 15, 2005 05:40

Greenbanana write:
Hi, I agree with your comment about on-line men 100%. They can converse on a phone for hours but can't meet in person. Why do they lie? Eventually you are going to see each other. age 50 means not his geratric state, few extra pound means not like beached whale, those guys should examine themselves in the mirror and get therapy.

you said it so well sister...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 11:03

Hi, I agree with your comment about on-line men 100%. They can converse on a phone for hours but can't meet in person. Why do they lie? Eventually you are going to see each other. age 50 means not his geratric state, few extra pound means not like beached whale, those guys should examine themselves in the mirror and get therapy.

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Nov 12, 2005 08:40

Tinyeyes2800,

I'll tell you the truth about a woman with children from another marriage, I was like many men today who could have cared less if a woman had children before I married my ex; as children are innocent I always told myself but my perspective has changed since I married a woman with children from another marriage. I don't believe I would ever do it again. marry a woman with children under her roof, if they are all grown up that is fine but raising step children I wouldn't want to do it again. Having my own children with her would be the preferable way.

I agree 100% with ciaobaby7, tell the truth if you have children, if a woman hides the fact about this and I end up on a date with her and find out she has some then it is goodbye and this goes too if she is a smoker or an alcoholic. Some women love to say they are social drinkers, yeah !!! right I heard this many time...they drink like a fish and won't admit they are alcoholics so they message their problems with some sweet harmless words " Oh ! I'm a social drinker " ha! ha! I've been had on this one.

It all boils down to being honest with the men you date; be honest like ciaobaby7 suggest, the man will love you for it also.

BQ
Tinyeyes2800,

I'll tell you the truth about a woman with children from another marriage, I was like many men today who could have cared less if a woman had children before I married my ex; as children are innocent I always told myself but my perspective has changed since I married a woman with children from another marriage. I would don't believe I would ever do it again. marry a woman with children under her roof, if they are all grown up that is fine but raising step children I wouldn't want to do it again. Having my own children with her would be the preferable way, she would have to be childless or her children are living with the ex.

I agree 100% with ciaobaby7, tell the truth if you have children, if a woman hides the fact about this and I end up on a date with her and find out she has some then it is goodbye and this goes too if she is a smoker and an alcoholic. Some women love to say they are social drinkers, yeah !!! right I heard this many time...they drink like a fish and won't admit they are alcoholics so they message their problems with some sweet harmless words " Oh ! I'm a social drinker " ha! ha! I've been had on this one.

It all boils down to being honest with the men you date; be honest like ciaobaby7 suggest, the man will love you for it also.

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Nov 11, 2005 09:37

tinyeyes2800 write:
I tried a different website before I joined here. In 4 months' time I had 7800 responses simply because I hid the fact that I have kids. I guess men basically shun women who have kids...
I am not as lucky here because I included in my profile that I have kids. Funny how some men are. I was meeting like 3 guys in a day months ago and then when they would invite me for a second date(maybe I was just lucky bec. 100% of them asked for a second date) then that was only when that I would mention my boys. My theory about this is by then, the guy had made up his mind that he liked me enough so it did not matter. Still, I did not meet the "right one"...

So by that standard, it would be correct behavoir if the partner told you about the aids after they slept with you?

Sorry, but I have had this happen to me, not only about children, but also that they are only recently seperated or even still married, drinking issues, etc.

So basically at the end of the date, I was told they had been deceiving me the whole time? Sorry, but while that is honesty, it is a little late,and doesn't make up for the fact that much of what I have based my getting to know them is now completely different. What else in the rhetoric was also false and they just haven't gotten around to tell me about yet. I feel I have been treated dishonestly, now what was it that I found so attractive before???

Seek the truth falsely and karma has a way of working it out...

BQ
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 30, 2005 14:12

Hey !!! Mickey,

Don't be so hard on yourself, you got brain and muscle you should be happy for that. Many women have brain and fat that is an opinion which I will get replies soon.,lol.

I don't think you would be intimidating to a man because of your muscle built, maybe some...the issue always boils down to compatibility, does he create attraction to you and you to him. Can he and you keep it up? If you are deeply compatible the attraction will be there and he and you will keep triggering your mechanism and you will find deep satisfaction with this Mr. Right and you.

Don't lose hope there is one around.

BQ
Hey !!! Mickey,

Don't be so hard on yourself, you got brain and muscle you should be happy for that. Many women have brain and fat that is an opinion which I will get replies soon.,lol.

I don't think you would be intimidating to a man because of your muscle built, maybe some...the issue always boils down to compatibility, does he create attraction to you and you to him. Can he and you keep it up? If you are deeply compatible the attraction will be there and he and you will keep triggering your mechanism and you will find deep satisfaction with this Mr. Right and you.

Don't lose hope there is one around.

BQ

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Oct 09, 2005 05:55

tinyeyes2800 write:

That is not neccesarily true. Some men do not mind dating women with children and vise versa, Again, that just may be a preference. Not only do I NOT understand why anyone would hide the fact they have children, It also isn't fair to the men you are not being honest to from the beginning. Quite frankly, I'd be rather p*issed if a man didn't tell me upfront he had children. Yes, I believe a man/woman should like you for who you are, no doubt. BUT, like you for who you are ONLY applies when you are honest about who you are.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Oct 08, 2005 10:43