#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Religion > My one and only Religion Post! Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
My one and only Religion Post!
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Feb 22, 2005 05:46

In case anyone cares, this is the official definition of the word Religion from Merriman-Websters Online dictionary. I in fact enjoy definition numbers 2 and 3. This is what you all have become, Institutionalized. What a fancy way of saying, brainwashed. Get over yourselves and let people believe in what they want to believe in without trying to debate them. It is pointless and useless and nobody wins.

Main Entry: re?li?gion
Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
1 a : the state of a religious b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
- re?li?gion?less adjective

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 12, 2005 17:53

Thank you Lil for the nice words, maybe we should start a new forum for "nice people" then we can be sure certain members won't feel the need to
"share". Anyway, I'm off to another forum to try to find some interesting (and civil) dialogue that I can get into.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2005 13:42

Hi! Liz honey give it up trying to get some of these people to respect each other is a waste of your time . I really think some of these people enjoy bashing each other its sad but true I personally abhor cruelty and rudeness you seem like a nice lady and there is some very nice people on here as well I am pretty sure but I think I will stay out of some of the drama that is going on here! You have a great day today Missy!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Mar 02, 2005 05:43

Spoil, I don't need to dream 'dear.' Most of my dates are with men in their 30's. 90% of the time 30s men ask me out. Ha!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 05:29

He looks like a young stud to me!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Feb 26, 2005 04:29

You old geezer, you did not even get the intent of the post. Good Job Bible Boy. Just like you do not get the intent of the Bible.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Feb 24, 2005 04:45

Wrong dictionary.There isnt any such thing as a nun.