#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Life > Are men really this simple? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Are men really this simple?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Aug 11, 2008 05:11

There is an author out there (I am not giving the name because I don't want this to turn into a love/hate discussion about the author) that basically contends that men are simple. If women give us three basic things:

Affection (this can range from a warm smile when you spot us across the room to F'ing our brains out for no apparent reason)

Appreciation (a gesture of acknowledgment and thanks for something we did/do for you)

Admiration (for the choices/actions we have made in life)

then men will pretty much give you anything you want, and do it gladly. After a lot of thought I have to say that, at least for me, this is absolutely right on. When I think of the relationships I have been in and why they didn't work, ultimately it boiled down to not getting one or more of these needs satisfied. What the author is saying is that women pretty much determine whether a relationship is going to work or not, they hold the keys to being happy. I am working on the assumption that we are not talking about inherently evil people - so those of you attracted to jerks on either side, well what can I say.

Is this contention just common sense, or outrageously simplistic? Does it hold an once of truth?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Sep 10, 2008 23:32

Thx for this simple truth

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Sep 09, 2008 08:36

interesting insight lawnmower man, an insight few have, few people realize as you do that others can only take from us what we allow them to. Have a Blessed Day

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Aug 16, 2008 07:55

Neither men nor women are that simple because we are all very complicated beings and we are attracted for different reasons, some good and some destructive.

And men and women both want to be appreciated but what suggests appreciation is different for different people. Some women might appreciate a guy helping her with something around the house - hooking up the television, making the wireless work for the laptop. Others would much rather have a dozen roses. But, they both want appreciation. It is all a matter of what defines appreciation, not whether it exists.

The destructive nature occurs when a total giver meets up with a total taker.The enabling process works in the beginning but then it ends when the giver seeks appreciation and the taker does not understand that appreciation was part of the ground rules. And frankly, appreciation was never part of the ground rules and the relationship is doomed because of that.

So as a giver, I have to understand that I must be wary of the taker, not because the taker is bad, but because I am bad for not setting up proper ground rules so that the relationship has a chance to succeed. I, as a total giver, am just as responsible for the failure as she is as the total taker. There is no good and evil here, just an incompatibility and dysfunction combining with dysfunction. Here two wrongs never make a right.

Just my thoughts .....