#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > Are we programmed to chase the illusion of Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Are we programmed to chase the illusion of
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2011 11:15

At the earliest age we were trained to believe in "forever after" as in all "fairy tales" that were read to us. We spend our life time chasing this illusive thing called love.  That heart thumping, crazyness, feel like you are the lucy one feeling...and yet somewhere reality seeps in and it fades.   My question is, "shouldn't we operate our emotions by logic?"   Are we best off to seek a suitable friend??  Friendship is void of many possessive emotions, judgement, expectations, and has continous forgiveness, acceptance.  Are we chasing an ideal?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 24, 2011 06:25

I saw the word "ILLUSION" and was intrigued to peek! ..."Hmmm.. that's one of my words.." I thought..  "cuz I'm just a "Princess" in the making!" LOL So I step in and see LOVE4SAIL and read the words..

MY answer? YES... I think I am chasing an ILLUSION!! (And apparantely it runs faster than me!) But I have girlfriends to have total and complete "meeting of the minds" .. In a man.. I want DIE HARD DROP DEAD CRAZY OFF YOUR FEET ILLUSION!! I desire the fireworks and sparks to fly and all that goes between! :)

DOWN SIDE? Author has that one pinned as well... YES.. if we were smart.. We'd go for suitable friendship.. That can last forever.. But then when you see someone who makes your heart go aflutter.. well.. I don't know about ayone here.. but my GF and I have a standing rule... Only one reason to bag on a friend.... and it isn't death.. (yu can always come in spirit!) IT'S DIE HARD DROP DEAD CRAZY OFF YOUR FEET SEX!

I concur w/ Orlando.. I will take "ILLUSION" every day.. cause Im just that stupid! :)

Hi everyone! Great posts.. and INGNOVA.. was crackingu when you said you wanted to love once again.. but not forever! You must have a happy medium!! :)

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, May 20, 2011 12:21

I think there is different type of love, some love by heart, esp young, later people love with them mind more..Ideal when there is place for both. For heart, you still must be idealistic, romantic, crazy if you want. Mind type is little boring as its analytical, but still can be very important for some. I still wish to fall in love once more..not forever, of course :), just as long as it lasts..think, so many of us here, so much art devoted for that feeling, it must be real and greatest power in human being, yet, it is feeling and that is more unstable than logic..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Apr 27, 2011 09:29

If given the choice of meeting a woman for the "illusion" of love or being with a woman via logic, I'll take the illusion any day.  I don't want to be a robot about my woman.  I want to feel out of control, crazy in love!  As Khalil Gibran says, "Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. "  Paul Valery also says it well, "Love is being stupid together. "