#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Entertainment and Hobbies > COOKING RECIPES? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
COOKING RECIPES?
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sun, Jul 03, 2005 02:50

Cub: lol.... *wink*

Well, last night I invited Gab over for dinner and I had marinated some chicken br*easts in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper for about an hour and then baked them in the oven....hmmm... they were delicious. And asparagus drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice as a side dish. And a green salad with a vinaigrette consisting of: olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a mango, lime and chili sauce.
Does that grab your taste buds Cubby??

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jul 02, 2005 00:04

Cub39 write:

Minerva415 write:
Slapping something on the gas grill sounds mighty good to me!
Hmmm... yummy... I looooove anything grilled! Steaks, chicken, burgers, veggies, corn on the cob....
I haven't had dinner today and very little lunch - making myself hungry now... OK I tell you what: invite me for dinner and you can be in charge of the grill and I'll do the rest.
I'll just hop in my lear jet and I'll be right over.

Looking at my calendar, Saturday night is good say 6:00pm. Eastern time that is - you figure it out! Will use a simple round charcoal grill for better flavor. How about some kind of Greek shish-ka-bob thing with the onions and peppers on it? You bring the dessert.

Whew.... for a moment there I thought you said: You be the dessert.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jul 01, 2005 13:00

Slapping something on the gas grill sounds mighty good to me!
Hmmm... yummy... I looooove anything grilled! Steaks, chicken, burgers, veggies, corn on the cob....
I haven't had dinner today and very little lunch - making myself hungry now... OK I tell you what: invite me for dinner and you can be in charge of the grill and I'll do the rest.
I'll just hop in my lear jet and I'll be right over.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 14:07

aaaaw... Cubby... you need someone to cook for - are you lonely?
any volunteers..?
Cubby needs a woman.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 01:44

you party-pooper!!

ok then - give us a recipe!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 29, 2005 08:07

Is that your good profile Cubby?
lol
Are we going to get a 360? view of the Cubster? Cool. Can't wait!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 25, 2005 08:20

SIX ... what are you doing my lady??? Giving out secret recipe!!! Delete it, delete it now! Nanaimo bars are a Canadian thing. Americans don't know what they are or how good they are! Finally, we have something over them! LOL We can't be giving our secrets out! lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 24, 2005 11:38

OK MIN, I lost the choc cheesecake one but here is the Tofu Cheese CAke which even the connoiseurs can't tell the difference.

Crust:
2/3 cup (100g) finely crushed graham cracker
50g butter/magarine

FILLING:
1 block tofu (preferably the Japanese silken variety, drain excess water by putting it on sieve
150g cream cheese
2 eggs separated
2 Tbsp honey or 3 Tbsp sugar
grated rind of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3-4 drops vanilla essence extract

METHOD:
1. Preheat oven to 340F (170C). For crust , combine crushed crackers and butter or magarine using fingers and press firmly to line theinside of a round cake tin. Refreigerate until set, 20-30 minutes

2. Bring cream cheese to room temperature . When softened , cream with a wooden spoon or spatual. Separate egg yolks from whites . Puree filling ingredients with egg yolks with a whisk or mixer. Whip egg whites until stiff and fold into the pureed mixture. Pour over crust and smooth the surface with a spatula> Bake for about 25 mins.

Min Im sure you could add chocolate into the mixture too. Try it with chocolate ..in fact I suspect all you need to do is substitute half the cheese of any cheese cake recipe with tofu, that way the texture is the same but less fat.

good luck and enjoy this.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 24, 2005 04:08

StarVoyager write:

Minerva415 write:
Aha!! You know something I don't about CP's whereabouts then.... *wink*
I think Stargazer is trying to post but he's not a full member yet so we have to wait ...... how frustrating. Star: hope it's a delicious recipe you are offering us! Don't let our silly idle banter put you off.... we go off the subject here all the time but always manage to bounce back - lol! We all have at least one thing in common on this thread: we LOVE food!! We love to cook it, eat it, talk about it and write about it.

Do you mean me? Or is there a user by the name Stargazer? Anyway, if it's me you're referring to I have tons of recipes but I'm in search of the ultimate secret long hidden "Grand-Ma's own", super duper uber chocolate cheesecake recipe.

YES! That would be you - lol! Chocolate cheesecake...?? ooooh... trying to kill me with calories there Starry?? LOL
I understand Bonnie has a lower-calorie version... why don't you both post your recipes then?
Hurry up... I have low blood sugar... and I'm starting to have the shakes...I need a dose of your good stuff ASAP!!

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 22, 2005 07:56

Hey Min and Maayan,
Im still the unpaid ghost reading the threads when I HAVE the time between my project which is hotting up , so may need to take of to China soon while from Spore. Will definitely try to catch you in Spore Maayan , should be fun. Lots to do and summer is a socially busy time here in London..so yes eating non stop and too many guests and visitors all here, so I am still eating out every meal..too many social engagements so trying to pick on salad and the hot weather helps since I tend to lose appetitite.
Watch it here girls, too many choc and cheese cakes means a lot of excess weight to carry..should start on collecting healthy recipes here, I have a great tofu cheese cake recipe..half the fat and still delicious..all u do is substitute half the cheese in the recipe with soft Japanese tofu...and you could use tofu as substitute for cream and cheese whenever you feel you need to lessen the fat content., the texture and flavor do not suffer from the substitute at all.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 20, 2005 22:51

Aha!! You know something I don't about CP's whereabouts then.... *wink*
I think Stargazer is trying to post but he's not a full member yet so we have to wait ...... how frustrating. Star: hope it's a delicious recipe you are offering us! Don't let our silly idle banter put you off.... we go off the subject here all the time but always manage to bounce back - lol! We all have at least one thing in common on this thread: we LOVE food!! We love to cook it, eat it, talk about it and write about it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 18, 2005 23:56

No Min. CP is somewhere on highway 1 right now..he said he is having a real good time , with sand between his toes and sipping his Pinot..so he might just come back after his idyllic break..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 18, 2005 18:42

*sigh*
I guess our charms are not enough Bonnie. If only I had legs like Gab's
I'll go cry in my Greek coffee now.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 17, 2005 22:53

Min, I think we need GAbriella's legs to keep him here..is there any chance where Gab could pose only for this thread and no other?
Or maybe CP want all our legs too? lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 17, 2005 11:31

Oh Fair Bonnie, don't you get it? Our CP is playing hard-to-get. He just looooves it when women beg him to stay - he thrives on the unadulterated attention, the salivating female masses reaching out to **gasp** touch the Pleasure God....
(thud) I just fainted. The mere thought was enough.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 18:36

OH dear CP..stay on please ..Min. is right you are one yummy spice we need to add to the dishy Euro-girls here..the connoiseurs of gourmet cuisine..only we could appreciate your full subtle flavor..:)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 10:36

Bonnie88 write:
CP...you should go join 5w and get your camera and wait for him to go thong-thieving and b8tt polishing..
in the other threads...this one is food for thought only..

Ok, ok...I'll go peddle my wares elsewhere. I can see when I am not wanted LOL. Besides...thong thieving and but polishing....for some reason that doesn't sound too appealing

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 10:20

maayan write:
eeeeeuwwwwww Min, not fair!! I've to go and raid my pantry for yes cocolate ... any choc LOL, now you guys knows!!! Remember the movie Min ... cocolate?

Maayan! "Chocolat" is one of my all-time favourite movies! Love it. Don't know how many times I've seen it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 10:18

Bonnie88 write:
CP...you should go join 5w and get your camera and wait for him to go thong-thieving and b8tt polishing..

CP - discombobulated...?? My kinda man. I'm glad the napkin was for the drool. You had me worried there for a minute.
I know what you mean Bonnie but come on admit it...when CP puts up that pic of himself on that bed... well he looks just good enough to eat.... I think you and I would have to fight over him cuz I know he's your fave too.
That was a hint BTW CP... where's The Treasure Trail Pic?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 15, 2005 16:46