#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Romance > what wrong with a older guy and a younger women? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
what wrong with a older guy and a younger women?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Mar 05, 2005 22:30

Like me there are hundreds of young girls who mature faster than others and we would like a mature man by our side. Most women date guys 5-10 year older than they are whats wrong with that?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2005 19:02

I am not sure maturity has a age at all. I know a woman who is 59 who still thinks she is a mankilling cheerleader in college and is ditzy as hell. WhenI was in college I noticed that women in the science fields were far more likely to be mature than others. Same in my professional life. Maybe its all about having a logical mind. If you have graduated college early, as FuzzyGemma has, she obviously is ahead of her peers. I did the same in college and found that most people my age group were thinking more about beer than a career. As a result, I usually dated older women or women in the science field. I cannot say that all older women are mature, nor men either. All my evidence points to the brain/mind, rather than age. Forget the age. Go for the mind.. I am not a good example of maturity -- I think I am a gigolo, but I can't seem to find any customers. Heck, I only charge 10 cents. lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Mar 11, 2005 11:28

You don't have to have the same maturity or experience or mindset to date, you just have to like each other and be attracted. Even to marry. There are a lot of reasons people marry, the whole Amerrican standard is not the norm in most parts of the world.

It Latin America, it is very common for a 20 year old to marry a 40-50 year old man, even encouraged by parents if the man is a gentleman and established. They take on a mentor/student father/daughter protector/protected provider-outside/provider-inside relationship in many ways and it works well. It's even seen on the soap operas when the families are poor and trying to marry upward in class.

There are quite a few 20 year olds that could pass for 35 in behavior and 50 year olds that pass for 35-40 in looks so they don't even look out of place.

It's also quite common for men 30-50 in America to marry foreign brides in the 18-25 range and it works out very well sometimes.

I for one know many 20 year old women that are far beyond quite a few clueless 35 year old women and know quite a few 50 year old men that easily pass for under 40, in looks, activity, yet carry their wisdom along too.

Since a lot of women want safety, comfort, and love as marriage objectives and many men want sex, sexy, adoration, and submission, it can work.

At the least, it offers a man the opportunity to perpetuate his youth because he will be around a lot of young people and the young get an accellerated growth, become more worldly, mature, and wise very quickly, as it rubs off compared to hanging out with others their own age, which is the blind with the blind. There is something to be said for what a young woman learns when her man is not all about night clubs, fast cars, and chasing skirts.

There is nothing wrong with it.. Kudos to the man that snags a young woman if she's a diamond and to the young woman who is therefore beating out a lot of women that should have much more to offer.

I thinks a small perc...

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2005 06:58

FuzzyGemma that exactly my point ist not so much the age but the maturity level.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2005 06:56

statuesque4u very good pointers i agree but a women mature much faster than a man there a whole lot of men out there today that r in there 30s and still havent mature yet. maturity come with expriences not so much age. i have dated a 21 man before and a 32 year old man but yet the 21 year old was way more mature than the 32 year old. That somthing to think about

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2005 01:51

I think I would like to add something about sex and age differences. If lots of sex is your main goal, then go for a woman over 40 and a man under 18. If quality sex is important, and intimacy is important, go with the oldest man or woman that you can stand the looks of. If grammer is important, don't end a sentence with of.

lol

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Mar 10, 2005 00:16

Fuzzy i gather you are european living in the states now. There are many differences when you go from country to country on how the kids are raised. Too laxed here and the upcoming generations lack standard manners. But i still hold to my statement about the age gap when dating. You might be one of the few with an mature mind an u might get along great with a 50 yr old. But it is far an in between that you will see that. There are always exceptions to every rule. This is a personal preference. I have met woman who can't converse with people in their age group but someone much older. You see this a lot where the grandparents have raised the grandkids. They have "old" minds.. So no by all means you get to pick whom and what suits you i would never want you to be by yourself if you did not need to be.
It always amazes be how defensive that subject makes people. But i don't care where you come from at 19 you do not have the life experience but what you do with it is also your sole choice.......

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 08, 2005 12:30

kool atleast someone is bold enough to say it.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 08, 2005 10:48

LLBrown to your question. There is nothing wrong with a 19 yr old dating say up to a 29 yr. old but even for many 19 yr. olds they have a hard time correlating with that much of an age difference. It is not a 5/10 yr. span they are talking about it is a 15/30 yr span. And you can say you are mature but at 19 you really do not have a clue. Mentally you have nothing in common with a 35/40 yr old man. I was a VERY mature person at 19 and even then i thought 35 was old. I was flattered when i dated a 29 yr. old man but soon learned our mind set was totally different. There is no way you could ever have the knowledge or experience to talk about something a man of 40 has experienced. That is what this age difference is talking about. At 19/20 10 yrs is really not to much. But rule of thumb and it is really very true. The younger you are the closer you should try to stay within an age limit. When you get 35 or older(just a generlization) then going much older is not that much of an issue. When you get 45/50 then it doesn't matter how old they are you have your life experiences and can pick and choose whether someone older 15 yrs. or younger 10 yrs. Your mentality is running on the same wavelength by then. That is my point of view

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Mar 08, 2005 05:10

Nothing.

But do know that the type of union you will form will have vastly different rewards and challenges as the age spread grows.

There is no "one-type" of marriage that is better than other types.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Mar 07, 2005 09:32

I have no problem with it at all.