#1 Dating Site for Successful Singles and Admirers

Home > Millionaire Forums > Business topics > Is anyone here an expert in Business? Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Is anyone here an expert in Business?
Author
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Fri, Jun 02, 2006 21:03

Is it possible for a CEO of a company to make only $55,000 a year if his company is worth $53 Million? This guy is money hungry, so I know he did not take a pay cut for the good of the company. Is he full of ****?

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jul 04, 2006 21:03

I would say the 53 mill is fiction or the 55k is fiction. Either or..

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Wed, Jun 21, 2006 11:56

robtest write:
jazzie2421 write:
Rob, that sounds like it would be feasible, especially seeing the CEO of Google (?) is making $1 a year (if I have it correctly - only caught part of the story), but a butt load in stock options... I would investigate.

I just looked GOOG up on yahoo finance. Actually they make 1000x that much money! So the 3 founders are making $1000/yr. Now the CFO is taking home $800k and the VP of Global Sales is taking home about a $Million... So can you really respect your boss when you make 800-1000x as much money as they do??? ROFLMAO

Think that is rather like comparing apples to hot air balloons. The google founders are billionaires!

Sergey Brin is worth 12.9 billion
Larry Page is worth 12.8 billion

They are putting their money where they need to, into their people talent. You have to take care of your people because they are taking care of your business.

Some guy is trying to play a very young girl. Let's not use subjective data and try to back up his bs.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 19, 2006 11:04

jazzie2421 write:
Rob, that sounds like it would be feasible, especially seeing the CEO of Google (?) is making $1 a year (if I have it correctly - only caught part of the story), but a butt load in stock options... I would investigate.

I just looked GOOG up on yahoo finance. Actually they make 1000x that much money! So the 3 founders are making $1000/yr. Now the CFO is taking home $800k and the VP of Global Sales is taking home about a $Million... So can you really respect your boss when you make 800-1000x as much money as they do??? ROFLMAO

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Mon, Jun 19, 2006 07:06

Cosco's CEO is very humble google him to find out more...
I think that a homeless makes more thatn he does.( I viewed this on CNN)

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Thu, Jun 08, 2006 16:03

He's bs'ing you, K....but then, why are you asking what he makes? Isn't it luv you're really seeking?

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 06, 2006 20:12

P.S. I'm no expert on anything but as to this guy, my money is on his being a liar . . . steer clear

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Tue, Jun 06, 2006 20:11

If this is a public company, and he really is the CEO, than everything you want to know about him will be on the SEC (not Southeastern Conference but Securities and Exchange Commission) website under their EDGAR filings for all public companies. E.g., you simply need to look up the companies annual reports (10K filings) and it will tell you about principals of the firm, their compensation, yada yada.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 03, 2006 21:08

A 50+ million dollar company is going to hire the best talent and the best talent is not going to work for 55K a year.

Available only
to logged in members
Posted on Sat, Jun 03, 2006 08:43

that does sound a bit low...

You might try looking in the Finance Section on the Ya Whooo, they list company profiles and in their profiles it lists what the top officers of the company make.

Perhaps he takes only $55k in salary and makes a ton in "Stock Options"...